2017 U.S. headline tour...........

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: 2017 U.S. headline tour...........

Post by anguyen92 »

There's an upgrade in venue in Toronto. They will be playing in Rebel (formally known as the Sound Academy).

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

5k capacity according to google. Nice

ABGreg86
Brand New Start

Post by ABGreg86 »

Thats awsome! Im glad they are getting the bump in expososure they deserve. I keep reading on FB that the sound has been an issue during the Europe Leg... hope it doesnt happen here in the states...

Kire
Bought The CDs

Post by Kire »

Fingers crossed about LV, Tempe and LA. Still not sure

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

FYI, they will be playing Carolina Rebellion. Hmmm, I wonder if AXS TV is going to do a highlight coverage of one of these festivals in 2017. I know they've done Carolina Rebellion and Rock on the Range before. It would be nice if AB got some TV time.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Ugh. Why is Alter Bridge the only band worth a shit playing on Saturday?

Would much rather make a road trip out of Rock on the Range.

METALLICA

Why didn't Carolina Rebellion just pay the damn price and get Metallica? Korn avenged sevenfold and Def Leppard. Hasn't this been the headliners for like half the Rebellion festivals? Lame

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

The Dillinger Escape Plan, Rival Sons and Frank Carter are all awesome and they play saturday :D

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Still no Colorado :mope
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Another festival date. This one is in Wisconsin. Pretty good position for them as well given their status in the states.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, the US tour starts tomorrow with them playing in Shiprocked. Looked at their schedule, they will be doing two sets throughout the cruise. One at 11:00 PM - 12:15 AM on Monday and one on Thursday, 8 PM-9 PM. Man, out of all the festival line-ups I've seen AB be a part of so far this year, I think honestly Shiprocked may be my favorite that I would want to go to the most if I had the money. It would probably cost me $2,000, but where else can you see AB, Breaking Benjamin, Papa Roach, and Sevendust get top billing on a cruise ship that's sold out?

Plus, the idea of a music festival being hosted on a cruise ship throughout maybe a week is a fun idea and I'm glad that this festival and 70 tons of metal among others are doing the concept well and selling well hopefully. Too bad that we're not going to see footage of it though, since Shiprocked made it a policy to not film shows and it's easier to enforce it on a cruise than say a theater.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Last year around this time, Def Leppard hosted one of these, and the weather was so bad out at sea that you couldn't step foot on the deck. It was disastrous. So, you never know about those things.

Also, Jimmy Bain of Dio and Last In Line died in the cruise. DL lead singer Joe Elliott got lyringitis. The whole thing was shambles.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Any videos from shiprocked?

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I think I know at least 10 people on that cruise.

I still have no plans to see AB on this tour. Gutted.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Has anyone seen the band recently and has Myles corrected himself on the intro to My Champion yet? I almost want to call him out on social media considering how much it bothers me that he's playing it wrong, but I don't want to be that guy.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Finally, someone got a hold of their setlist in Shiprocked on Monday. Looks good enough. The usual staple tracks and they played Island of Fools. Strong stuff for 75 minutes in what is effectively a festival set.

The Writing on the Wall
Come to Life
Addicted to Pain
Ghost of Days Gone By
Cry of Achilles
Crows on a Wire
Ties That Bind
Island of Fools
Waters Rising
Watch Over You
Isolation
Blackbird
Metalingus

Show Me a Leader
Rise Today

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

anguyen92 wrote:Finally, someone got a hold of their setlist in Shiprocked on Monday. Looks good enough. The usual staple tracks and they played Island of Fools. Strong stuff for 75 minutes in what is effectively a festival set.

The Writing on the Wall
Come to Life
Addicted to Pain
Ghost of Days Gone By
Cry of Achilles
Crows on a Wire
Ties That Bind
Island of Fools
Waters Rising
Watch Over You
Isolation
Blackbird
Metalingus

Show Me a Leader
Rise Today
this is not a festival set.
This has the flavor of a headlining set.
Way too many new songs that suck. But I like some of the deep cuts like Ties That Bind and Watch Over You.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, for me, headlining sets for AB range between 17-19 songs. About 90-100 minutes. Anything less, to me, is a festival-like set.

Also, we can't quite say Ties That Bind and Watch Over You are deep cuts, if they played it almost every headlining show since Blackbird came out. Heck, according to setlist.fm,Ties That Bind is the 5th most played song from AB, Watch Over You is the 13th.

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

anguyen92 wrote:Well, for me, headlining sets for AB range between 17-19 songs. About 90-100 minutes. Anything less, to me, is a festival-like set.

Also, we can't quite say Ties That Bind and Watch Over You are deep cuts, if they played it almost every headlining show since Blackbird came out. Heck, according to setlist.fm,Ties That Bind is the 5th most played song from AB, Watch Over You is the 13th.

i wasnt talking number of songs. I know it was less than a headlining set. I was talking about flavor of set. A mix of old and new, hits and non-hits. As opposed to just hits.

Surprised Ties That Bind is played that much. Watch Over You is always played in Europe but not as much in states. It's a treat when they actually play that. And since it wasn't a single either, I consider it a deep cut.