2017 U.S. headline tour...........

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
nildiven
Bought The CDs

Re: 2017 U.S. headline tour...........

Post by nildiven »

Saw them last night in Vegas. Was my 6th time seeing them and they sounded just as good if not better than ever. Myles vocals were spot on. They played Calm the Fire as a request and it sounded phenomenal. Not sure why it isnt a regular part of their setlist. Only song I really wish they had played was TLH, but hopefully next time.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

How are people requesting songs? Twitter?
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Got to show some cleavage.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

I'll even shave my chest if they played CtF or Lover!
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

One Drew Remains wrote:How are people requesting songs? Twitter?
I straight up asked them to play TLH during both meet and greet interactions. Not sure if they weren't going to play it already but Myles made a remark after they did play it that it was a "pain in the ass" to play. Not sure that meant they threw it in last second but boy was I glad they played it. :headbang And it was awesome live.

Drumkidstu
Brand New Start

Post by Drumkidstu »

Ubik wrote:Remember Mark was really excited about getting one of his guitars fixed up with one of those autotuners a year or two back? Did that not happen in the end?
yeah but I don't think that has happened yet. They would have it out on models that you could buy, because as Tremonti has said in interviews before, the guitars he plays are the exact ones you can buy.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Drumkidstu wrote:
Ubik wrote:Remember Mark was really excited about getting one of his guitars fixed up with one of those autotuners a year or two back? Did that not happen in the end?
yeah but I don't think that has happened yet. They would have it out on models that you could buy, because as Tremonti has said in interviews before, the guitars he plays are the exact ones you can buy.
That mod wasn't a PRS thing so even if he did have it done it wouldn't be on the models on sale. As far as I can tell he never had it done and seeing as that was a couple of years ago I doubt its going to happen.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

The set in LA yesterday. In comparison to the show in LA I went to in 2014, I would have heard 5 different songs had I gone, including Slip to the Void and Island of Fools. Dang, I wish I wasn't moving this week. Oh well, I can only hope for an Anaheim date.

The Writing on the Wall
Come to Life
Farther Than the Sun
Addicted to Pain
Ghost of Days Gone By
Cry of Achilles
Slip to the Void
My Champion
Ties That Bind
Island of Fools
Waters Rising
Watch Over You
Isolation
Blackbird
Open Your Eyes
Metalingus

Show Me a Leader
Rise Today

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Shlip and Island of Fools! Awesome.

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

I personally feel that Slip To The Void should still be there opener. As great as it is to see it back in the set every now and then, I love it as their opener and I wish it was their permanent opener. It just doesn't have the same effect in the middle of a set.

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

JGremore wrote:I personally feel that Slip To The Void should still be there opener. As great as it is to see it back in the set every now and then, I love it as their opener and I wish it was their permanent opener. It just doesn't have the same effect in the middle of a set.
I tend to agree. It's sad to see it...slip...further down the set...

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

It don't belong there.
Altered:

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I think its good in the middle. Chance to slow things down after a few high paced songs.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

PRS10Top wrote:
JGremore wrote:I personally feel that Slip To The Void should still be there opener. As great as it is to see it back in the set every now and then, I love it as their opener and I wish it was their permanent opener. It just doesn't have the same effect in the middle of a set.
:facepalm

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

WaywardOne wrote:
PRS10Top wrote:
:facepalm
Thank you, thank you. I'm here all day. Please tip your waitress. :peace

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

I went to the SF concert. Here was my setlist:

The Writing on the Wall
Come to Life
Father Than the Sun
Addicted to Pain
Ghosts of Days Gone By
Cry of Achilles
Broken Wings
My Champion
Ties That Bind
Crows on a Wire
Waters Rising
Wonderful Life
Watch Over You
Isolation
Blackbird
Open Your Eyes
Metalingus
* Show Me a Leader
* Rise Today

Pretty much the same setlist as anguyen92, though I would have loved to hear Island of Fools live.

I don't know how much influence Baskette has on their sound checks for tours or if it's just for the album recordings, but if he is not a part of that then I don't blame him for anything anymore. They sounded exactly as they do in The Last Hero, and it obviously had to transition to their older songs. I've really come to realize that the main issue is Brian Marshall's bass. It is far too deep and not very tonal anymore. It creates this "wall of noise" because the drums and guitars have to kick up their volume to compensate, and the whole effect drowns out Myles' vocals a little bit because of competing with the guitar's frequencies. Now that I've heard TLH so often I can say that I'm "used to it" I guess, but that doesn't excite me for any future albums if they're going to stick with that. Marshall should go back to his old sound on bass, not this one. I think it's terrible.

On that note, My Champion was awesome live. That Tremonti riff really was clean and awesome, and he harmonizes very well in it as well. The whole thing was great, though. Tremonti sang at the proper key for Waters Rising, and Myles was on point so much all night I almost thought he was lip-syncing at one point! He wasn't, of course haha. Just a great moment. He even sang Happy Birthday to somebody, and it was beautiful lol. Myles and Mark did a little "dueling banjos"-esque thing with their guitars before Rise Today as well. Just an overall great concert, going just under two hours.

rockit2112
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rockit2112 »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:I went to the SF concert. Here was my setlist:

The Writing on the Wall
Come to Life
Father Than the Sun
Addicted to Pain
Ghosts of Days Gone By
Cry of Achilles
Broken Wings
My Champion
Ties That Bind
Crows on a Wire
Waters Rising
Wonderful Life
Watch Over You
Isolation
Blackbird
Open Your Eyes
Metalingus
* Show Me a Leader
* Rise Today

Pretty much the same setlist as anguyen92, though I would have loved to hear Island of Fools live.

I don't know how much influence Baskette has on their sound checks for tours or if it's just for the album recordings, but if he is not a part of that then I don't blame him for anything anymore. They sounded exactly as they do in The Last Hero, and it obviously had to transition to their older songs. I've really come to realize that the main issue is Brian Marshall's bass. It is far too deep and not very tonal anymore. It creates this "wall of noise" because the drums and guitars have to kick up their volume to compensate, and the whole effect drowns out Myles' vocals a little bit because of competing with the guitar's frequencies. Now that I've heard TLH so often I can say that I'm "used to it" I guess, but that doesn't excite me for any future albums if they're going to stick with that. Marshall should go back to his old sound on bass, not this one. I think it's terrible.

On that note, My Champion was awesome live. That Tremonti riff really was clean and awesome, and he harmonizes very well in it as well. The whole thing was great, though. Tremonti sang at the proper key for Waters Rising, and Myles was on point so much all night I almost thought he was lip-syncing at one point! He wasn't, of course haha. Just a great moment. He even sang Happy Birthday to somebody, and it was beautiful lol. Myles and Mark did a little "dueling banjos"-esque thing with their guitars before Rise Today as well. Just an overall great concert, going just under two hours.
If I remember correctly from talking with Elvis himself, Elvis has never even seen AB play live, so he has no control over what they do outside the studio.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

:lol @ the idea that Elvis is some kind of audio dictator and the guys have no creative control over their own recorded sound.

I'm with you on the wall of sound. I'm sure Brian's tone has something to do with it, but don't forget about the downtuned guitars, the complex layered arrangements, and Mark's abandonment of his clean channel. With all that going on it's tough to keep the mix crisp—both live and in the studio.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

In other news, Alter Bridge announced a few more US dates in the spring...

April 21 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL – Revolution
May 2 – Sayreville, NJ – Starland Ballroom
May 3 – Providence, RI – Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel
May 10 – Baltimore, MD – The Hiippodrome
May 11 – Stroudsburg, PA – Sherman Theater
May 16 – Sault St. Marie, MI – Dream Makers Theatre @ Kewadin
May 17 – Milwaukee, WI – The Rave
Kind of an odd, short tour, but I could probably hit 4 of those northeast dates if I'm ambitious. They're all during the week though, so I'll be lucky to see 2.

I've only heard a couple In Flames songs over the years and I thought they were a metal band but Jim tells me they are more progressive so now I'm intrigued.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Eyeing 3 of those dates!