2017 U.S. headline tour...........

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: 2017 U.S. headline tour...........

Post by Jaded Rescue »

abw1987 wrote:I've regretfully been absent from posting here for the last few months as work has been life-consumingly busy. However I am currently in an Uber on my way to Philly for the show tonight and obviously super pumped for it! Bringing a group of 7—some longtime fans and some budding new ones—so I won't be lining up early like I usually would. Looking forward to the middle-of-the-crowd experience which is certainly fun in its own right, albeit differently so than the rail experience. Going to be a blast!
You didn't happen to be in a Mazda 3 for the uber ride, did you? My buddy and I caught an uber and picked up another AB fan on the way. Wondering if it might have been you! :lol

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

The Plotblocker wrote:
Felypesh wrote:Why people keep saying that is out of key, it's just not distorded
uctalum01 wrote:No it's not....
Timotheus wrote:
Dolo wrote:It's not about the distortion, it is still out of key.
Not out of key. The droning note is just not the same as on the album.
Yes it is. If you guys can;t hear how bad that sounds, please never make music.
The droning note is technically not out of key, as the note is part of the F# Major scale (F# major being the key of the song). It's just that he should be playing the root (F#) as the droning note and instead he's playing a Bb, and it sounds like absolute shit. It especially sounds bad on the first note because you've got a Bb and a B crammed right next to each other.
Last edited by Jaded Rescue on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The Plotblocker wrote:
Felypesh wrote:Why people keep saying that is out of key, it's just not distorded
uctalum01 wrote:No it's not....
Timotheus wrote:
Dolo wrote:It's not about the distortion, it is still out of key.
Not out of key. The droning note is just not the same as on the album.
Yes it is. If you guys can;t hear how bad that sounds, please never make music.
I can hear how bad it sounds, but it's not out of key as explained by Jaded.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

keys752
Brand New Start

Post by keys752 »

The Philly show was absolutely killer! As someone mentioned previously, Crows is one hell of a monster live. The crowd was great and the band was super tight.

I also did the meet and greet with my buddy- though I think I may have frightened Myles by telling him that I dug his Citizen Swing stuff :lol No Last Hero in the set unfortunately, though at least they played the instrumental for us at the soundcheck. And considering Myles was ill, he still sounded pretty freaking amazing. Man, I love this band haha.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Yeah sorry, my bad, my terminology was wrong there. It just does not sound good at all. Why he insists on doing it every time they play the song is beyond me.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Jaded Rescue wrote:
abw1987 wrote:I've regretfully been absent from posting here for the last few months as work has been life-consumingly busy. However I am currently in an Uber on my way to Philly for the show tonight and obviously super pumped for it! Bringing a group of 7—some longtime fans and some budding new ones—so I won't be lining up early like I usually would. Looking forward to the middle-of-the-crowd experience which is certainly fun in its own right, albeit differently so than the rail experience. Going to be a blast!
You didn't happen to be in a Mazda 3 for the uber ride, did you? My buddy and I caught an uber and picked up another AB fan on the way. Wondering if it might have been you! :lol
Nope! :lol

I had no idea you'd be there! Would've loved to meet up. Next time!

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

abw1987 wrote:
Jaded Rescue wrote:
Nope! :lol

I had no idea you'd be there! Would've loved to meet up. Next time!
Hell yeah man! PM me if you decide to go to Philly for any other gigs. I should be at Bowling for Soup in April.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

The Plotblocker wrote:Yeah sorry, my bad, my terminology was wrong there. It just does not sound good at all. Why he insists on doing it every time they play the song is beyond me.
I'm worried that it might look bad as a fan but I honestly just worked up the gusto to tweet Myles and Mark to kind of politely ask why it sounds that way. Tried my best not to sound like a jerk but someone needs to say something. Haha.

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

Pulled the trigger on the meet and greet. Not necessarily because I want to meet the dudes, but because of my height-wise disability. I NEED to be up front!!! God, I hope they play The Last Hero. PLEASE!!!

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

Will be going for my first meet and greet here shortly. It may be an odd question, but what do you guys say to these guys? I have never been one who had any issues being outgoing or making small talk, but it just seems like it'll be hard to think of what to say.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

PRS10Top wrote:Will be going for my first meet and greet here shortly. It may be an odd question, but what do you guys say to these guys? I have never been one who had any issues being outgoing or making small talk, but it just seems like it'll be hard to think of what to say.
Don't be surprised if you get a bit starstruck and forget whatever you had planned to say. That's what happened to me the first time I met Mark. The next couple times I was more mentally prepared. I made a point to tell the guys that they influenced me to start playing guitar and singing. I know they love hearing that fans started playing because of them and as a musician myself I can't imagine a bigger compliment than knowing you inspired someone to do what you do.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I told Flip I drew the smiley face in the Projected album artwork contest. I couldn't tell if he was amused or just concerned.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

Drumkidstu wrote:
AHart96 wrote:
Seems like they finally played My Champion in the original tuning, it's definitely noticeable compared to previous videos. I think it sounds great
It appears so. Traditionally Mark had been in Either just Drop B or the actual tuning for the song so B G# C# F# A# D# and Myles was in Open C#5 so C# G# C# G# C# C#.
On the record, Myles plays this song in Open F# major (same tuning as In Loving Memory), not Open C#5.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I told them how their music has inspired me to run hundreds of miles. Myles was like Whoah, thank you.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Boston show tonight! :rockon :rockon :rockon

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Calm the Fire during sound check! <3

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Fuck that was excellent. Boston crowd was super enthusiastic! I don't know if they were fired up from the Superbowl or just glad to have AB back, but I feel like Boston audiences are generally more subdued and tonight totally proved me wrong.

Really glad they played White Knuckles. I know it's another old Blackbird song but it is such a crowd pleaser.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

uctalum01 wrote:Calm the Fire during sound check! <3
Nice running into you and Renee! Hope I can make it to NYC and they play CTF then.

nd1128
Brand New Start

Post by nd1128 »

I'll be there tonight in NYC - what time has AB been going on, after the opening acts? Around 9? (7pm start).

Thanks

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I want to say they took the stage in Boston around 9:15.

Wish I could've made it to NYC but I ended up flying home from Boston last night rather than risk the drive to New York tonight in the snow storm. Hope you enjoy the show! They always kill it in NY.