2017 U.S. headline tour...........

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
tzAB
Brand New Start

Re: 2017 U.S. headline tour...........

Post by tzAB »

Well they played covers and a majority if not all of ODR, but we didn't have Myles on guitar so you win some and lose some I suppose. I wonder if that's another reason they don't play too many ODR songs.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

tzAB wrote:Well they played covers and a majority if not all of ODR, but we didn't have Myles on guitar so you win some and lose some I suppose. I wonder if that's another reason they don't play too many ODR songs.
I dunno. Myles used to play guitar one some ODR songs even back then, and rocked a fair amount of the covers on guitar too.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

devv88 wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote: Also, is there any where the complete acoustic show from The Patio, Indianapolis in 2004 can be acquired, or do all available versions cut of after On My Way Now?
I don't remember there being any other footage from that show. And yeah, those early days had a lot of covers, but I think most of them have been repeated since -- "Highway Star" and "Whole Lotta Rosie" were always the main ones. I used to have a lot of those old bootlegs, but that was 13 years and about a half dozen hard drives ago.
I just want to hear Cruel Sun. That show is the only listed time they played it so that is the one I am looking for most.
As for the covers. The mian ones I would like to hear from back then, either in better quality, or just at all, are Baba O'Riley and Sweet Emotion.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

The Plotblocker wrote:Going through that site from the start of AB shows has makes me wish there had been a LOT more footage and or audio captured from those earlier shows. They did so many great covers back then, not to mention the occasional rolling out of Save Me and or ARTS, would be great to see some of the ones like Sweet Emotion in better quality.
Do keep in mind times have changed since then.. back then we were using Nokia 3310 phones and shitty handheld camera's for which 1MegaPixel was amazing quality... instead of the camera phones we all have now...
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

I know they played Save Me in Hartford, CT in February 2005. I was at the show. I remember them playing all of ODR, Save Me and some covers like Rock and Roll.
Last edited by uctalum01 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Does any one know which show they apparently played some of Stand up and Shout at recently, and how much of it they played?
axlar wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:Going through that site from the start of AB shows has makes me wish there had been a LOT more footage and or audio captured from those earlier shows. They did so many great covers back then, not to mention the occasional rolling out of Save Me and or ARTS, would be great to see some of the ones like Sweet Emotion in better quality.
Do keep in mind times have changed since then.. back then we were using Nokia 3310 phones and shitty handheld camera's for which 1MegaPixel was amazing quality... instead of the camera phones we all have now...
Yeah, good point.
uctalum01 wrote:I know they played Save Me in Hartford, CT in February 2015. I was at the show. I remember them playing all of ODR, Save Me and some covers like Rock and Roll.
I think you meant 2005 there ;)

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Yeah... That's why I hate typing posts on my phone....

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I will say though that I've been calling for an ODR tour for such a fucking long time. That would be a blessing.

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

AB23 wrote:I will say though that I've been calling for an ODR tour for such a fucking long time. That would be a blessing.

yes it would be

tzAB
Brand New Start

Post by tzAB »

Maybe the 15 year anniversary? By that time it'll be 2 years or so since TLH and they should be getting back together for some writing/jamming the next record so why not tour a couple dates for ODR?

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Still no TSOF or Cradle. C'mon, boys...

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think TSOF would be a fantastic song that would get the crowd going.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I know I'm in the minority, but other than the awesome middle section, I don't care for TSoF at all.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

One Drew Remains wrote:I know I'm in the minority, but other than the awesome middle section, I don't care for TSoF at all.
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Is that agreement or disagreement?
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Complete agreement
Rock Never Dies

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I don't disagree with you guys, but the bridge is just so epic... It'd be a shame if we never heard that live.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

I officially fell back in love with this band last night at the Toronto show. It's been almost a decade since I've seen them and I'd almost forgotten how much the live experience shaped my love for them back in '04. I hope they come back more often (this was the first Toronto headliner in... maybe ever?), because after The Last Hero kind of bombed for me, some of the luster had faded. This was a nice reminder.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Seems like they finally played My Champion in the original tuning, it's definitely noticeable compared to previous videos. I think it sounds great
Rock Never Dies

Drumkidstu
Brand New Start

Post by Drumkidstu »

AHart96 wrote:
Seems like they finally played My Champion in the original tuning, it's definitely noticeable compared to previous videos. I think it sounds great
It appears so. Traditionally Mark had been in Either just Drop B or the actual tuning for the song so B G# C# F# A# D# and Myles was in Open C#5 so C# G# C# G# C# C#.