2017 U.S. headline tour...........

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
axlar
Site Admin

Re: 2017 U.S. headline tour...........

Post by axlar »

tzAB wrote:Has anyone caught any rare songs or B-sides played? Such as Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad or Save Me? I'm not even sure Save Me has ever been played live?
heard Mark play Taco Salad as warm up for a gig back in 2008, but never in concert...
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alter-bri ... 8dce1.html

They played Slip To The Void last night!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

axlar wrote:
tzAB wrote:Has anyone caught any rare songs or B-sides played? Such as Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad or Save Me? I'm not even sure Save Me has ever been played live?
heard Mark play Taco Salad as warm up for a gig back in 2008, but never in concert...
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

tzAB
Brand New Start

Post by tzAB »

Timotheus wrote:http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alter-bri ... 8dce1.html

They played Slip To The Void last night!
I was there last night and the show was amazing. Out of the five times I've seen them that was the best by far! I ended up on the rail directly in front of Myles' setup which I was stoked because everyone was off towards the middle and I thought I wouldn't be able to hear his playing, but I was able to hear every bit of his amazing playing clearly. Brian handed me a pick which was an awesome moment. I stayed after and met the guys with a few people, but we somehow missed Myles and by the way The Last Hero live is fucking phenomenal it blew me away!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Awesome, man! Two more days for me!
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Nice to hear to the ran out Shlip again :rockon
Save Me has only been played live once that I am aware of, and there is only amateur audio of it
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

tzAB
Brand New Start

Post by tzAB »

Oh yeah, I have heard that before with the lady screaming bloody murder throughout the whole thing lol. I wonder if Myles could hit that note nowadays.

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

tzAB wrote: I stayed after and met the guys with a few people, but we somehow missed Myles

where did u meet the band?

tzAB
Brand New Start

Post by tzAB »

Out by where the buses were parked there was a back door they came out one by one. The guys are very nice and each spent a good 5-10 mins talking with everyone.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

tzAB wrote:Oh yeah, I have heard that before with the lady screaming bloody murder throughout the whole thing lol. I wonder if Myles could hit that note nowadays.
Yeah, she is well bloody annoying! And I dunno, maybe he could, but he rarely even attempts the Blackbird note, so I doubt it.
tzAB wrote:Out by where the buses were parked there was a back door they came out one by one. The guys are very nice and each spent a good 5-10 mins talking with everyone.
And that is how you are supposed to meet bands. None of this rip off M&G bollox.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

tzAB wrote:Out by where the buses were parked there was a back door they came out one by one. The guys are very nice and each spent a good 5-10 mins talking with everyone.

How long after the show was this?

I thought about doing that but I was tired and had work in the AM.

tzAB
Brand New Start

Post by tzAB »

Everyone was out by around 12:15 or so. We waited until around 1 and figured we missed Myles even though we were out there basically from the end of the show.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

FUCK YES!!!! Rolling out Couer D'Alene again!!! Anyone happen to record that song?

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Headed to KC this morning. Four and a half hour drive. TLH show #2 for me. Hoping to see them at least one more time after tonight.

Taking 50 bucks with me to play at Harrah's. Might live stream a couple of the tunes tonight.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

WE GOT ODR tonight!!! First time since early on the Fortress tour, I think.

We also got Island of Fools, and FTtS (which I have been wanting to see for the last 4 shows, lol.)

When Myles came out with the acoustic, I screamed out Wonderful Life, and he played it. I'll have to check setlist FM, but I think they played 20 songs AND the dueling solos. The KC crowd was rabid. Crowd surfers and everything.

I'll post a review Monday.
Altered:

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Waters Rising in its original tuning last night, damn...

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Yeah. It was good. If there isn't a setlist up on FM by tomorrow, I'll start one. I think it was the most songs since Wembley. Great crowd and the band was killing it.
Altered:

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

The Plotblocker wrote:Nice to hear to the ran out Shlip again :rockon
Save Me has only been played live once that I am aware of, and there is only amateur audio of it
It was played a few times. I was at the band's first (second, maybe?) show ever in '04 in Detroit, and they played it then.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

devv88 wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:Nice to hear to the ran out Shlip again :rockon
It was played a few times. I was at the band's first (second, maybe?) show ever in '04 in Detroit, and they played it then.
Looking through SetlistFM, I can only find 2 shows they played it during, but then a lot of the early shows are either completely missing, or only have a couple of songs listed.

Going through that site from the start of AB shows has makes me wish there had been a LOT more footage and or audio captured from those earlier shows. They did so many great covers back then, not to mention the occasional rolling out of Save Me and or ARTS, would be great to see some of the ones like Sweet Emotion in better quality.
There are a few mistakes in those earlier shows too. Like the list for the London Astoria on March 3rd 2005. It list's ARTS as being played then, but I was there and it was not, and this amateur footage confirms that.

Also, is there any where the complete acoustic show from The Patio, Indianapolis in 2004 can be acquired, or do all available versions cut of after On My Way Now?

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

The Plotblocker wrote: Also, is there any where the complete acoustic show from The Patio, Indianapolis in 2004 can be acquired, or do all available versions cut of after On My Way Now?
I don't remember there being any other footage from that show. And yeah, those early days had a lot of covers, but I think most of them have been repeated since -- "Highway Star" and "Whole Lotta Rosie" were always the main ones. I used to have a lot of those old bootlegs, but that was 13 years and about a half dozen hard drives ago.