The Last Dusterize

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

The Last Dusterize

Post by One Drew Remains »

After revisiting the last two Tremonti releases in the last couple of days, I was wondering what ideas everyone thought would've been good AB songs. Also because I just heard that podcast where Mark said he heard Standing In The Sun, and thought what a great AB chorus it would have been.

Obviously Unable to See and The Cage stand out for me. But can anyone hear any other parts, or songs that would have fit in nicely from the last two Tremonti records? Thought it might make an interesting topic.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: The Last Dusterize

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Take Dusterize, replace the band members with the rest of AB, switch Mark and Myles' vocals around (Mark now back and Myles front again) and there you have AB 6 and 7. All the songs he did on those two were worthy of AB imo.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

The song "Dust" sound very AB to me.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Dark Trip possibly considering some of the moodier songs AB has done. Maybe not the exact same arrangement, but I could see that being close to an AB song.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lukeage »

When I listen to "Betray Me", I always think that it would have worked really well on an AB album.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Providence... That song has AB written all over it. Seriously wish that bridge was a minute or two longer.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Tbh it took me a little while to get in to Marks "solo" stuff as I just felt it would all sound better with Myles singing. But now I really enjoy Marks voice too.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

rockit2112
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rockit2112 »

The second I heard Providence at the Listening Party all I could think of was ABIII, and I still feel that way.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote:Dark Trip possibly considering some of the moodier songs AB has done. Maybe not the exact same arrangement, but I could see that being close to an AB song.
Yup, that song sounds a lot like how I imagined Waters Rising was going to sound before Fortress came out.

Never Wrong reminds me a lot of Break Me Down, but that's not a good thing.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Flet
Brand New Start

Post by Flet »

I like the separation of Tremonti vs AB...but of course some songs are completely crossovers.
Sympathy
Providence
Fall Again
Unable To See
Dust
Never Wrong

Too bad, because the production on Dust was far superior than both Cauterize and The Last Hero (and yes, I know Cauterize and Dust were written and recorded at the same time, but I'm positive because of the sonics that they went in and remixed Dust prior to release because of the muddiness of Cauterize).
Last edited by Flet on Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I really like the production of The Last Hero. Elvis always does better on AB albums than on Tremonti albums.
The intro of Cradle Of The Grave reminds me of the intro of Fall Again. And to be honest, fading in some notes doesn't sound cool in both cases.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I'm with you, Flet. Dust sounds better sonically than Cauterize to me.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Providence... That song has AB written all over it. Seriously wish that bridge was a minute or two longer.
:cheers

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

Yep, agreed. Dust sounds better than Cauterize. Certain songs like MLM and Tore My Heart Out have a lot of punch that the Cauterize album lacked in several songs due to the muddiness. For example, i'll never get over how badly Cauterize and Tie the Noose sound
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"