The new band logo

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: "New Logo"... Discuss

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

The Plotblocker wrote:Yeah, sadly catering to the simple seems to be the current trend. Let's not try and make humanity better, oh no, we must make things easier so stupid people can succeed............
It's just a declutterization technique. Personally, I find it harder to do things now. This touchscreen world has brought about tiles on desktops. It's behooving.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

So in trying to make things easier for stupid people, they're making smart people look stupid?

Brilliant! 21st century woo!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

I'm one of the people who still hasn't warmed up to the new design. It does fit with the style of the cover, but I'm not a fan of it still.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Ryan
Blood Machines

Re: The new band logo

Post by Ryan »

Merged the two topics regarding the new logo. Hope it's not a jumbled mess now and makes some sort of sense lol. It merges and sorts by post time stamp so yeah, nothing I can do to rearrange the post order.
Photobucket cash grab.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:Am I? How so?
Are you bothered by songs about soldiers? Because your sentence says you are not bothered by songs about soldiers.
Not bothered by them no. Just do not find the subject that appealing.
Ryan wrote:Merged the two topics regarding the new logo. Hope it's not a jumbled mess now and makes some sort of sense lol. It merges and sorts by post time stamp so yeah, nothing I can do to rearrange the post order.
I was confused for a second then realised what had happened :) Cheers for that
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

It's grown on me. I'm cool with it now.
I do love the old school "AB" logo though

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Sonata Arctica also changed the logo, though not for just one album but for 3, though they've reverted the change since as they went back to power metal more. Since it's just the art aspect here and not so much connected to the music, I think it's safe to say that the old logo is probably gonna be back for the next release.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Lotha wrote:Sonata Arctica also changed the logo, though not for just one album but for 3, though they've reverted the change since as they went back to power metal more. Since it's just the art aspect here and not so much connected to the music, I think it's safe to say that the old logo is probably gonna be back for the next release.
I hope so. I see how this one fits with the artwork and theme of the album, but the classic AB logo is so elegant. I'd love to see it back.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Yeah, I miss it too.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Old logo > New logo
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

The Plotblocker wrote:Old logo > New logo
:yeahthat

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

New logo is silky smooth. Get with the future!
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It looks a bit clean-shaven compared to the old logo, which in this analogy is a magnificent beard.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Timotheus wrote:It looks a bit clean-shaven compared to the old logo, which in this analogy is a magnificent beard.
And I think we all know how awesome beards are :D

Green_Hammock
Brand New Start

Post by Green_Hammock »

I like the old logo much better. I have that thing tattooed on my wrist, don't go ahead and change it dammit!

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

The new one fits with this album cover, but I hope it's not permanent. The old logo is much better.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Green_Hammock wrote:I like the old logo much better. I have that thing tattooed on my wrist, don't go ahead and change it dammit!
I am still planning on getting the old "AB" logo tattoo'd on my arm. Don't care about the change, that one will always remain the one for me.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

The Plotblocker wrote:
Green_Hammock wrote:I like the old logo much better. I have that thing tattooed on my wrist, don't go ahead and change it dammit!
I am still planning on getting the old "AB" logo tattoo'd on my arm. Don't care about the change, that one will always remain the one for me.
I have the old "AB" logo tattooed on my left calf surrounded by the Blackbird wings, so I really hope they go back to the old logo at some point as haha.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

SchwiizVT12 wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:
I have the old "AB" logo tattooed on my left calf surrounded by the Blackbird wings, so I really hope they go back to the old logo at some point as haha.
I was going to get the Blackbird on my back, but I have since designed my own sleeve that covers part of my back so won't be getting that now.