What songs do the TLH tracks remind you of?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

What songs do the TLH tracks remind you of?

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Feel free to list AB songs or otherwise. I know sometimes I can sort of "put my finger" on it, then I just sort of can't later.

Note that nothing is a carbon copy one way or the other, but something that you "hear" or "feel" in a song that can get you to really think of that other song, just go ahead and throw it out there!

The Writing on the Wall - I Know It Hurts
The Other Side - Show Me A Sign; The Uninvited; Superstition (Stevie Wonder)
My Champion - Before Tomorrow Comes; We Will Roam (Slash feat. Myles Kennedy)
Poison In Your Veins - Cry A River
Cradle to the Grave - The Wayward One; Leave (JoJo)
This Side of Fate - Words Darker Than Their Wings; Knights of Cydonia (Muse)
You Will Be Remembered - All Ends Well
Crows On A Wire - Isolation; Circles (Cavo)
Twilight - Waters Rising
Island of Fools - Farther Than the Sun; Coming Home (Coheed and Cambria)
The Last Hero - White Knuckles; Cry of Achilles
Breathe - Burn It Down
Last edited by MuffinMcFluffin on Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: What songs do the TLH tracks remind you of?

Post by anguyen92 »

For me, I find Twilight to be a more refined version of Make It Right, though the bridge of it does remind me of Waters Rising. Also, for some reason, You Will Be Remember had parts that reminded me of Big Wreck's Breakthrough, which had Myles on backing vocals. Also, part of the intro of Island of Fools reminds me of Ties That Bind.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

The Last Hero- Cry of Achilles so much
Poison in your Veins/Writing on the Wall- Cry a River
Breathe-Burn it Down/In Loving Memory hybrid
This Side of Fate- pretty unique for them tbh. Liked it a lot. Sounds muse-ish. If you made me choose, I'd say Calm the Fire/WDTTW
The Other Side- Cradle to the Grave/Show me a Sign (I hate the choruses in both of The Other Side and Cradle to the Grave for the same reasons)
You Will Be Remembered- Home, by Daughtrey
Crows on a Wire- reminds me of a song I heard on a WWE video game a long time ago. I can't put my finger on it... but it just sounds like a song that would be in one of the WWE games.
Twilight- Make it Right or Buried Alive
Island of Fools- Peace is Broken
My Champion- any other really slow paced AB song. I loved the change in pace. I love the chorus as well.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

I absolutely agree with anguyen92 in that Twilight feels a lot like Make It Right, although I'd say the atmosphere is a bit different. Still, musically the verse and chorus are pretty similar. I really like both songs, so there's nothing wrong with that for me.

Other things I've noticed:
My Champion and You Will Be Remembered are more or less the Life Must Go On or All Ends Well of TLH, although LMGO is much better than both songs.
Poison In Your Veins partly reminds me of I Know It Hurts because it's got a very similar feeling.
The verse vocals of Cradle To The Grave have a lot in common with Incomplete by the Backstreet Boys. Doesn't bother me though, which I'm very happy about.
The bridge of This Side Of Fate ("Don't say it's over, don't let us down") has Queen written all over it.
Island Of Fools has a verse that is pretty similar to the one of Farther Than The Sun, but the whole song is light years ahead of - in my opinion - the worst song on Fortress.

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

Kinda on/off topic but I feel like Stapp could sound good singing Cradle to the Grave. And I think they are Stapp type lyrics.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I don't wanna offend you guys, but you are all wrong lol.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

The Writing on the Wall - I Know It Hurts
The Other Side - Bleed it Dry
Poison In Your Veins - Cry A River
Cradle to the Grave - Buried Alive
Loisng Patience - Digital (Stone Sour)
This Side of Fate - Words Darker Than Their Wings, some song by Muse (xan't remember which one)
You Will Be Remembered - All Ends Well, Life Must Go On
Crows On A Wire - Isolation, Roar (Katy Perry), Coeur D'Alene
Island of Fools - Ties that Bind
The Last Hero - Fortress, Cry of Achilles
Last of Our Kind - Still Remains, Come to Life,
Breathe - Broken Wings
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

what the heck...lol have you guys ever listened to I Know It Hurts? How on earth is it anything like Poison or Writing :lol
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

just kidding around btw. i'm not trying to be a jerk. i just ribs. i want ribs i'm hungry

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

However, given your description which i lazily glossed over initially, i guess i could maybe get that. lol my bad

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Fun thread!

OB = Other Bands

Show Me A Leader: OB: The intro has an A7X vibe. Beast and the Harlot-ish. AB: The main riff and the way Myles plays those high notes over it reminds me of Calm The Fire
The Writing On The Wall: OB: The intro riff kind of has an Immigrant Song vibe with the octave note being funky in there.
The Other Side: The chorus riff reminds me of Muse's Supremacy. AB: Sounds like a mix of Bleed it Dry and Show Me a Sign
My Champion: OB: The chorus reminds me of P!nk's Try.
Poison: Got nothing
Cradle To The Grave: AB: Lyrically it reminds me of Fortress. When it gets heavy for the first time it kind of reminds me of Show Me A Sign. OB: The fading notes remind me of Fall Again by Tremonti
Losing Patience: AB: The vibe in the verses kinda reminds me of Coeur d'Alene. Only the melody and chords though. The rhythm is nothing alike. I also hear some The Dissident from Slash in the chorus.
This Side of Fate: OB: Muse: Uprising, Knights of Cydonia, Unintended, AB: Words Darker Than Their Wings, Waters Rising
You Will Be Remembered: AB: All Ends Well, only in 4/8 and a lot more bland
Crows: OB: Tremonti, not sure what song. Just the overal vibe. AB: There's a bit of Isolation in there. The chorus reminds me a lot of Farther Than The Sun
Twilight: OB: White Balloons by Sick Puppies. AB: Make it Right, Zero
Island of Fools: AB: A mix of White Knuckles and Ties That Bind
The Last Hero: OB: The chorus kind of has bit of an anthemic Maiden kind of feel. Run to the Hills comes to mind. AB: Fortress/Cry of Achilles
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I asked before, and I know others say it's AC/DC, but isn't the intro of My Champion much more reminiscent of Won't Get Fooled Again by The Who? https://youtu.be/SHhrZgojY1Q

The verse and chorus have a very modern Journey vibe (like Can't Tame The Lion from 1996 https://youtu.be/GjiLDbbM0wQ or Never Walk Away from 2008 https://youtu.be/9W6rbq6H7UY) which is also a great thing.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Jamvol
Brand New Start

Post by Jamvol »

Show me a Leader: Isolation/Addicted to Pain
Writings on the Wall: Bleed it Dry
The Other Side: Nothing really, pretty unique in terms of AB songs.
My Champion: All Ends Well
Poison in Your Veins: Addicted to Pain/Cry a River
Cradle to ther Grave: Words Darker Than Their Wings
Losing Patience: The Uninvited
This Side of Fate: Fortress
You Will be Remembered: Life Must Go On
Crows on a Wire: Isolation
Twilight: Buried Alive
Island of Fools: White Knuckles
The Last Hero: Cry of Achilles

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

The vibe and tempo of My Champion reminds me a bit of Ghost.

Also. The middle eight of TSoF reminded me more of A7X than it did Queen as Myles has stated.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

A few artists that came to mind during course of album: Muse, Iron Maiden, Gojira. If you ask me, that's pretty diverse.

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

How the frick anyone can think Twilight sounds like Buried Alive is beyond me!!! They should be banned from this forum until they complete their ear transplants! :lol

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

And how can Cradle to The Grave sound like Jojo's "Leave"??? First of all, I've never heard of her. Just youtubed the song....and I don't see the similarity. To quote Heath Ledger's Joker, "Not. One. Bit". You guys are crazy. And don't get me started on Katy Perry....

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Blackbird wrote: The verse vocals of Cradle To The Grave have a lot in common with Incomplete by the Backstreet Boys.
Good call.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

antiwal wrote:And how can Cradle to The Grave sound like Jojo's "Leave"??? First of all, I've never heard of her. Just youtubed the song....and I don't see the similarity. To quote Heath Ledger's Joker, "Not. One. Bit". You guys are crazy. And don't get me started on Katy Perry....
Haha the only part that rings familiarly is her chorus with their verses.

I never said they sound alike, I said one reminds me of the other. Every time I hear that verse, I could immediately start singing: "Get out, right now, it's the end of you and meeee."

And it's good that you haven't heard of her. She was a young pop artist and she sucked (then again, because I hate the genre, I seem to think that most of them suck, so she was probably alright given her age). My younger sister used to listen to her a lot a long time ago.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On another note, to whomever doesn't see The Writing on the Wall have similar striking moments with I Know It Hurts, seriously don't make me go edit and merge parts together of both songs and upload it onto YouTube just to prove a point.

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

One Drew Remains wrote: Also. The middle eight of TSoF reminded me more of A7X than it did Queen as Myles has stated.
Agreed. Someone said that they sound like Halloween rock and this what I thought of. Lol