Solos on The Last Hero

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
ElliotYork
Brand New Start

Re: Solos on The Last Hero

Post by ElliotYork »

AB23 wrote:Based on their interview speaking about dual solos on TLH with Myles taking the first and Mark taking the second, and Myles taking the corresponding outtro. That last outtro is definitely Myles unless Mark's guitar is just layered on top of each other, which they don't usually (or ever really) do.
Can you link us to this interview please? Every live video of the band performing the title track confirms that the entirety of the second solo (including the aforementioned outro run) is played by Mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XdWyg_Xdt0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJhbfNsHR5k

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I know Twilight isn't a popular song on the record. But how about some love for Mark's solo on that one? Great lead.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

One Drew Remains wrote:I know Twilight isn't a popular song on the record. But how about some love for Mark's solo on that one? Great lead.
Here:

:hug

nildiven
Bought The CDs

Post by nildiven »

One Drew Remains wrote:I know Twilight isn't a popular song on the record. But how about some love for Mark's solo on that one? Great lead.
The bridge and solo are amazing in the song. If only the choruses were better, it would be an awesome track

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

ElliotYork wrote:
AB23 wrote:Based on their interview speaking about dual solos on TLH with Myles taking the first and Mark taking the second, and Myles taking the corresponding outtro. That last outtro is definitely Myles unless Mark's guitar is just layered on top of each other, which they don't usually (or ever really) do.
Can you link us to this interview please? Every live video of the band performing the title track confirms that the entirety of the second solo (including the aforementioned outro run) is played by Mark:

Yeah, that's unrequited proof. In all honesty, why would anyone think Myles would bulldoze a Mark solo for all of about 2 solos. That style is obviously Mark. I wonder if they're referring to the actual outro riff to the song that Myles is singing over...?

Either way, it starting to piss me off reading posts from guys trying to convince others of whom is the best member of AB. :slam
That being said, how awesome is it we can have that argument? How many bands can do that? And honestly, if you are going to have that discussion, you absolutely must, must, must include Flip on the merits of this album. This is his absolute best work as a drummer and that title track tho... :rockon

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

ElliotYork wrote:

Yeah, that's irrenconcilable proof. In all honesty, why would anyone think Myles would bulldoze a Mark solo for all of about 2 measures? That style is obviously Mark. I wonder if they're referring to the actual outro riff to the song that Myles is singing over...?

Either way, it's starting to piss me off reading posts from guys trying to convince others of whom is the best member of AB. :slam
That being said, how awesome is it we can have that argument? How many bands can do that? And honestly, if you are going to have that discussion, you absolutely must, must, must include Flip on the merits of this album. This is his absolute best work as a drummer and that title track tho... :rockon

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

cajmoyper wrote: This is his absolute best work as a drummer and that title track tho... :rockon
I love it (the song) except for one part during the bridge where hes just doing the snare rolls. I hear something completely different in my head.

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

I know exactly what you're talking about!!! If there's one thing not absolutely, unequivocally perfect about this song, it's that part. I thought he could've done something to make it a little more heavier. Like port that little ditty over to the floor tom, idk. Something like that.

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

I think the bridge part from Ties That Bind would be close to how I feel it should sound.

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

It's no doubt been already questioned/answered but who plays the first solo on This Side Of Fate? I'm usually really good at my Tremonti solos but that one could be either!

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Myles does.

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

Yeah the first one on This Side of Fate is Myles.

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

I think every time there are two solos on a track, Myles goes first.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Kreuger33 wrote:I think every time there are two solos on a track, Myles goes first.
Correct.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

On this album. On FTtS, Mark solos first.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

One Drew Remains wrote:On this album. On FTtS, Mark solos first.
Okay fine. ALMOST every song there's two solos in. Damn Farther Than The Sun had to ruin that tradition :lol

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Lol. Now that I think about it, Mark solos first on both sets of leads on Fortress.
Altered:

Drumkidstu
Brand New Start

Post by Drumkidstu »

mikeyd23 wrote:
Ubik wrote:We'll be fairly lucky if they play it at all :D

His This Side of Fate solo is one of the few that can be legit danced to.
I don't see them playing This Side of Fate live unless they loop some stuff in for the performance. Or if they do play it without any supplementing tracks, it'll sound very different.
I doubt they will ever play it live anyways. The tuning for Mark is B F# C# F# B D and Myles is B A D G B E. They would have to add a guitar to their rigs. And I believe Mark is at abouit 14 at the moment. He has a main and a back up. Myles has less I believe 6 or 7 including the acoustic.

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

That acoustic was sounding beautiful yesterday. Also, it IS beautiful. Makes me want to learn guitar. But then realize it's probably a minimum $3000 guitar...?

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Well he's been using a PRS acoustic instead of the Taylor. For some reason I think its an se which is around $600-$800. To be honest I'm not sure why I have it in my head that its an se.