Breathe Appreciation Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Breathe Appreciation Thread

Post by The Plotblocker »

The only way I could get hold of The Damage Done and Never Say Die legally here was to get the best buy copies from ebay or amazon.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

I've definitely bought all their previous B sides here in the UK. Either from iTunes or Amazon but neither have them now...odd!

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

It's killing me that I have to get through my entire day at work before I can make it to Best Buy. I wish there was a way to stream this in the meantime. :slam

Stace
Bought The CDs

Post by Stace »

AB23 wrote:I guess I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow
Literally lmao at this hahahaha

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

It's pretty atrocious that we Europeans don't get any chance to buy that song. How much did Best Buy pay to Napalm Records that they get this song exclusively?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Napalm aren't their label in the US.
For all of the hope that it brings...

alterchris
TABN.com Citizen

Post by alterchris »

Look if some of you folks (not in the U.S.) really want the Best Buy exclusive version, there is a Best Buy 10 minutes from my house. I'd be more than happy to send a few copies out. Provided of course you send me payment for the CD plus shipping to your location.

SedyBenoitPeace
Brand New Start

Post by SedyBenoitPeace »

Mr. Slash wrote:It's pretty atrocious that we Europeans don't get any chance to buy that song. How much did Best Buy pay to Napalm Records that they get this song exclusively?
I agree with you...I think that is also useless to buy another album for people that preordered another version...I preordered from band's official store the version with the t-shirt with the artwork of the album...at least i can afford to buy the digital track...i hate these exclusives!

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Honestly, I was extremely excited about the song after listening to the 60 second preview...but once I heard the full song I could definitely see why it's a B-side. Still a decent song, but not as good as I thought it was going to be.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

VigilantSteve wrote:Honestly, I was extremely excited about the song after listening to the 60 second preview...but once I heard the full song I could definitely see why it's a B-side. Still a decent song, but not as good as I thought it was going to be.
Same. I pictured it going places like Burn It Down or something, but really is just kind of repetitive. It's like they didn't know where to go with it. Makes sense that it was a B side. Still a great song, just not spectacular.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

The song is ok, definitely understand why its B-side material. But it was great revisiting the ODR days of old.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

SedyBenoitPeace wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:It's pretty atrocious that we Europeans don't get any chance to buy that song. How much did Best Buy pay to Napalm Records that they get this song exclusively?
I agree with you...I think that is also useless to buy another album for people that preordered another version...I preordered from band's official store the version with the t-shirt with the artwork of the album...at least i can afford to buy the digital track...i hate these exclusives!
Me too. It's this exclusive attitude that leads people to torrenting and stuff like that. Which funnily enough is probably how most will get Breathe. It's nice of people here to offer, but I am not at all comfortable paying out twice as much for an album just for one song.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

You guys know how much I like ODR.
But Breathe is probably my least favourite song of theirs.
It's down there with Save Me, Break me Down and We Don't Care at all.
It still sounds awesome though.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:The song is ok, definitely understand why its B-side material. But it was great revisiting the ODR days of old.
I agree with this sentiment. It's not really main record material but worth hearing.

It really stood out on TLH though. It had a way different feeling to it than all the other songs. A bit more relaxed and somber.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Man I must be getting old. I love the new record but this is the only song that gave me chills, really takes me back to a certain feeling.

I think it def deserves it's place among the rest of ODR.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

So much better than Breathe Again.
For all of the hope that it brings...

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Ubik wrote:So much better than Breathe Again.
Which also features what sounds like six Myles Kennedy's singing at you in the chorus.

It's kind of creepy sounding, actually. Happens as well in Never Say Die.

sPAZAttack91
Brand New Start

Post by sPAZAttack91 »

Being an Aussie I had to get my copy from Youtube - sacrilege I know! Cool song, it's not really super focused and well constructed like the other songs on ODR though. Definitely an off cut!

Still, this just shows how hampered the production is on TLH. I miss how raw this is and how dynamic their original sound was. When those choruses kick in they just sound massive, which is pretty much my favourite thing about ODR.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I never understood why Breathe Again received so much hate, and why Schlip so much love.

Breathe Again has always been one of my favourites off ABIII, and unlike Break me Down, We Don't Care at all and a couple of other fillers, I genuinely don't hear what's wrong with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

chtimixeur wrote:
I never understood why Breathe Again received so much hate, and why Schlip so much love.

Breathe Again has always been one of my favourites off ABIII, and unlike Break me Down, We Don't Care at all and a couple of other fillers, I genuinely don't hear what's wrong with it.
I was really not that big of a Slip fan either. That was one of the most hyped AB songs I ever remember... people were freaking talking up that song so much. I mean, the intro is cool. Pink Floyd. Unique-Ish, i guess. Outside of that, it's a very average song.

I think outside of the introduction Myles sings it really freakin poorly live too. I wish they'd just open a concert with the intro and after the intro, just move on to something else.