Alter Bridge - Magazine Covers

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Alter Bridge - Magazine Covers

Post by anguyen92 »

Wow. This Mark interview gives some nice depth about the A Dying Machine story. Holy cripes, man. The description he gave regarding the lifestyle of a vessel sounds so vivid and graphic. Also, I think Bringer of War, in hindsight, is about Ares trying to save his kind from being recycled and apparently caused the rebellion and war.

Great find, Torsten.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Ubik wrote:How have I not known about the three ear thing for the fifteen odd years I've listened to Mark's stuff?
Mark has three ears?
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

had

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Blackbirddd wrote:had
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Oh thank goodness. Nothing wrong with these Slash articles, but it's nice to see AB popping back into people's radars in outlets like Kerrang, Metal Hammer, etc.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

im reaaaal excited for this article. first real insight musically into the album
Thanks Timo!

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Marshall wrote:Image

:cheers :rockon

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

It'll be cool to hear Alter Bridge interview Alice Cooper and Slipknot. They're always adding to the skillset.

SamarthJoshi
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SamarthJoshi »

Glad to see that the best tracks mentioned in that review are expectedly, not the singles!

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

AB23 wrote:It'll be cool to hear Alter Bridge interview Alice Cooper and Slipknot. They're always adding to the skillset.
:slam :slam

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I don't know whether to be shocked that anyone took that post seriously, or whether I should just continue being disappointed.

SamarthJoshi
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SamarthJoshi »

AB23 wrote:I don't know whether to be shocked that anyone took that post seriously, or whether I should just continue being disappointed.
Try to laugh it off. :D

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

AB23 wrote:I don't know whether to be shocked that anyone took that post seriously, or whether I should just continue being disappointed.
:lol

I have tried to substitute laughter for disappointment. As a result, I find myself laughing pretty much all day, but I do feel a bit better.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Per googly

"Even if he claims the opposite with the title of this sixth studio effort, Alter Bridge firmly keeps his feet on the ground. A first distracted listening would even suggest that the quartet did not seek a second to venture beyond a field conquered for ages, reaffirming without the smallest scruple his status as an expert in his field. But Walk the Sky deserves the same efforts as for the less popular AC/DC, Motorhead or ZZ Top albums. We will discover more than one nugget, almost discreetly hidden in a set that lets itself listen and listen without causing weariness if not really surprising. The total opposite of all these flashy productions whose artifices have quickly made the listener even more tolerant. It is not because his two leaders venerate Queen or Led Zeppelin that they feel obliged to practice the same radical evolutions or revolutions. This time AB will be able to play live the 14 tracks of this album which did not omit anything of its broad skills and nobody will think of complaining about it."

May need a French person.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

A little offtopic: That tattoo on Tatiana Shmaylyuk's throat does not suit her too well.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Ubik wrote:Per googly

"Even if he claims the opposite with the title of this sixth studio effort, Alter Bridge firmly keeps his feet on the ground. A first distracted listening would even suggest that the quartet did not seek a second to venture beyond a field conquered for ages, reaffirming without the smallest scruple his status as an expert in his field. But Walk the Sky deserves the same efforts as for the less popular AC/DC, Motorhead or ZZ Top albums. We will discover more than one nugget, almost discreetly hidden in a set that lets itself listen and listen without causing weariness if not really surprising. The total opposite of all these flashy productions whose artifices have quickly made the listener even more tolerant. It is not because his two leaders venerate Queen or Led Zeppelin that they feel obliged to practice the same radical evolutions or revolutions. This time AB will be able to play live the 14 tracks of this album which did not omit anything of its broad skills and nobody will think of complaining about it."

Wow that is hard to understand

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

They're basically saying that at first, you'll get the impression that the band is playing it safe and that they didn't try to change a working formula. Fans won't be surprised a bit, but the album isn't boring, and every song has the potential to be played live. To fully appreciate it, you'll have to listen to it again and again, as people did decades agao with the lesser-known albums of AC/DC, Motorhead and ZZ Top. Then, if you're persistent enough, you may find a couple of jewels on there.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

chtimixeur wrote:They're basically saying that at first, you'll get the impression that the band is playing it safe and that they didn't try to change a working formula. Fans won't be surprised a bit, but the album isn't boring, and every song has the potential to be played live. To fully appreciate it, you'll have to listen to it again and again, as people did decades agao with the lesser-known albums of AC/DC, Motorhead and ZZ Top. Then, if you're persistent enough, you may find a couple of jewels on there.
So it's a grower then. Good but not amazing. That kinda matches my expectations. I think in the end the album will rank in the mid tier of AB albums, below Blackbird and Fortress above TLH around the same space that ODR and AB3 inhabit. I get the feeling that it will be another AB3 which is receives very divisive opinions and isn't anyone's favorite but by no means is bad. Only Myles seems to found purpose in life now after having been lost in the wilderness in AB3

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

last images didn't work

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

TheEndisHere wrote:
Ubik wrote:Per googly

Wow that is hard to understand
A man... named Alter Bridge. :lol