Official TABN Review of 'The Last Hero'

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Ryan
Blood Machines

Re: Official TABN Review of 'The Last Hero'

Post by Ryan »

Oh my God!! Who cares?
Photobucket cash grab.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

gbruin wrote:4/5 is 80% which is barely a B in grading. This album is easily an A- if not an A.
:shifty
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

sam1oq wrote:Agreed with the rating but I'm not sure how the review supports the rating. There seems to be virtually no criticism except for the loudness. Reads more like a 4.5 than a 4. My average was 4.07/5 so basically it's a 4* record for me. I thought it was a pretty inconsistent album. It's got some of their best-ever songs, but also some of their worst. It's the polar opposite to AB III, which is consistency-to-a-fault basically. But the review itself is very nice. It's easy to read. Good job mods! :cheers
Besides the math, which we already explained, some songs excite more than the others on a personal level. Therefore, we're using most of the input from the mods who got more excited about the song in question.

For example: if song "x" doesn't appeal to me, my opinion is not as exciting as other mods' comments. On the other hand, if song "y" is one of my favorites, I described it more passionately than other mods. That's how we're trying to compile them and give you a general overview, emphasizing the good but also considering an opposite thought.

Point is the excitement is real! I honestly think it's better than Fortress and ABIII.

I can't compare it to Blackbird because it speaks to me on a personal level, but I reckon the musicianship on The Last Hero is definatly their best.

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

to the keenly bespoke bridge
What does that even mean? Obviously it's bespoke? Keenly? Some of these reviews are sesquipedalian without really giving anything away about the song itself. I preferred Jim's review; personal and relatable without throwing big words in for the sake of it.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

By "bespoke" I mean it sounds to have been written specifically to fit this song, rather than simply thrown in from a random collection of bridge ideas. I used the word "keenly" mainly for emphasis; to say this was done with expertise and precision.

You'll have to forgive my writing style. I like to avoid using a dozen words when two will do. I'd like to think I'm being as concise as possible, not jamming in extra words to sound fancy.

Thanks for the review review!

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

It's not just yours brother, as a whole it all just feels very media review style. I thought cos' it was you guys it might be a little more from the heart is all. Felt a bit cold to me.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I'm looking forward to today's review primarily to see if you've stuck with the "attacked by a swarm of bees" metaphor. Really hope so, it's excellent.
For all of the hope that it brings...

DCooper727
TABN.com Citizen

Post by DCooper727 »

sam1oq wrote: My average was 4.07/5 so basically it's a 4* record for me. I thought it was a pretty inconsistent album. It's got some of their best-ever songs, but also some of their worst.
I suppose agreeing with you will mean admitting that I've heard the album (didn't download it, though), but yeah definitely. Can't wait till we're allowed to review the album; I've got some stuff to say about this one for sure.