"My Champion" Lyric Video

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

What does this even mean?

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB23 wrote:brain aneurysm rock people
Huh?

AB23
Still Remains

Re: "My Champion" Lyric Video

Post by AB23 »

The chug chug whip my hair back and forth like a bobblehead run into other people unnecessarily type of concert people.

You know the people I'm talking about. There is a ton of music on this album for them.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB23 wrote:The chug chug whip my hair back and forth like a bobblehead run into other people unnecessarily type of concert people.

You know the people I'm talking about. There is a ton of music on this album for them.
Never has a type of person been described so perfectly :lol

I'd hope there is! I'd like to become one of those people some day :lol

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

AB23 wrote:The chug chug whip my hair back and forth like a bobblehead run into other people unnecessarily type of concert people.

What about the people who like heavier music, but don't act like savages at concert? Do we not exist? ;) :P

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

If you exist I'll buy you a beer so that you'll tell your friends that they can't use other fans as a bounce house.

I'm just an "arm around my friend with beer in hand and singing" type of concert goer honestly. People get drunk at those things. Last thing I wanna do is piss off people who paid a lot of money to enjoy a good show and who try to not do so at other's expense.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

This is why I'm willing to sit at the seats in the nosebleeds. I feel too broken to be standing at GA for three hours. I managed to get a good view at those areas anyway.

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

AB23 wrote:If you exist I'll buy you a beer so that you'll tell your friends that they can't use other fans as a bounce house.

I'm just an "arm around my friend with beer in hand and singing" type of concert goer honestly. People get drunk at those things. Last thing I wanna do is piss off people who paid a lot of money to enjoy a good show and who try to not do so at other's expense.

Virtual beer accepted :) My friends and I are the "arm around my friend with beer in hand and singing" types too, regardless of the type of music. Either way, I'm too old for headbanging till aneurysm :peace We would get along at a concert :D

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I think so.

Last AB concert, right in the middle of Myles' solo on Blackbird, this guy in a wheelchair rain over my foot trying to get closer to the front. Do y'all remember how pissed I was after that concert?

Hindsight, I mean, idk if I should be mad. The poor guy is in a wheelchair. But damn, that hurt. If you tap me on the back I'd be happy to move back 2 feet so you can get closer guy.

I'm thinking on just getting balcony seats to this concert. Haven't decided yet though.

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

AB23 wrote:I think so.

Last AB concert, right in the middle of Myles' solo on Blackbird, this guy in a wheelchair rain over my foot trying to get closer to the front. Do y'all remember how pissed I was after that concert?

Hindsight, I mean, idk if I should be mad. The poor guy is in a wheelchair. But damn, that hurt. If you tap me on the back I'd be happy to move back 2 feet so you can get closer guy.

I'm thinking on just getting balcony seats to this concert. Haven't decided yet though.
It's true that many people get too frenzied at concerts and don't give a fuck about others. Last year, at the few concerts I went to I was seated too, because of a healing knee injury. I knew if I were standing I would be pushed around by the wilder concert goers and my knee couldn't take that. Generally I prefer standing though.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

AB23 wrote:If you exist I'll buy you a beer so that you'll tell your friends that they can't use other fans as a bounce house.

I feel like such an old guy, but every show I go to, I go with the intent of just hanging around the back of the crowd and watching from a distance. To get away from the crazies you so aptly described. Plus, you get a MUCH better sound mix from the back of the house, especially near the sound guy if possible.

Of course, some space always opens up and I get tempted, and end up following the lane up toward the front. Then I get 3 or 4 rows away from the rail, and inevitably stuck behind some big tall bastard. My own fault, only being 5'5", but still.

On the plus side, I always get a little nod and smirk from Mark if he sees me up there, so I got that going for me, which is nice.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Raven wrote:
ToNsOFuN88 wrote:
slasherbridge wrote:
ToNsOFuN88 wrote:I'm not super good at recognizing tunings by ear, but this one sounds like an open tuning to me. Maybe one of the new tunings they were talking about.

I concur. It sounds like an open G type tuning to me.

I'm 99.5% sure it's Open G a half step down. It would also explain the unorthodox solo from Mark. I feel like he'd have written the solo differently if it was in a standard tuning.
The way he slides along the chords is an indication for an open tuning for me. Think Open Your Eyes. I agree it explains the characteristics of the solo too.
There is this drone at the halfway point of the solo where i was thinking it was an open tuning as well
Somebody tabbed it out in half step down.

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/a/alte ... on_tab.htm
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Pfft if a heavy song doesn't make me WANT to do that, then it's not a very good song. (Which doesn't mean I'll actually go and do that, but everyone has their own way of enjoying music, and some people like to headbang.)
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

It depends where I'm at. If I'm on the rail like I was for Tremonti last year, I'm losing my voice and leaving with whiplash. I sang "fading like decay" so loud that ERock said holy shit, and threw me a pick.
If I'm farther back, I'll dance and sing, but that's the extent. However, I believe your voice should never be 100% intact after leaving a show.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I have to admit, I stepped away from this song for a couple of days, and then listened again today in the car. I got goosebumps and tears in my eyes. Cliches or not, this song is uplifting, powerful, and I think a wonderful choice for a single (or at least a Youtube release if it's not an official single). It's AB's "Eye of the Tiger" or "Don't Stop Believing." Gah. I cannot wait for what this album has in store!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Lotha wrote:
Pfft if a heavy song doesn't make me WANT to do that, then it's not a very good song. (Which doesn't mean I'll actually go and do that, but everyone has their own way of enjoying music, and some people like to headbang.)
Lotha goes cray on vodka and brain aneurysm rock.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Actually vodka is not my thing and it's brain aneurysm metal but yeah, pretty spot on
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

lotha no like rrrrrrusshin vodka

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Lots of differing opinions. If I can't get within the first three rows or so, I get very sad and lose interest. I'm one of those people that look like a groupie rocking out hardcore to every song. After the last two Tremonti shows, I've noticed my right hand is like spazzed out stuck in the horn position.

Also, I think My Champion was put into a song lyric generator that makes the most generic sounding words ever...

Really hope the rest of the album is better lyrically.