Mini Fall US Tour 9/22 - 10/10

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
austin.
On The Rail

Re: Mini Fall US Tour 9/22 - 10/10

Post by austin. »

I don't know if I'm the only one requesting them to mix it up, but it looks like it's working. Awesome. Hope OYE makes the closer for Charlotte. We sing loud and proud on the east coast :D

Aggghh. So excited. I pick up my check at noon, first thing I'm doing is ordering two tix and praying fast lane passes are still available.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, aside from that intro, which I guess had to be played from a different key given how they approached it live, it sounds all right. Hope they keep playing it live.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

They played the intro in two different tempos as well. Not a big deal, they'll figure that out before next time.

Awesome sounding live song!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I think it came out great!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Myles also played a part of Wonderful Life!

But seriously. Who the fuck talks/screams through a song like that?

anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

My Champion was awesome!
For all of the hope that it brings...

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Those vocal harmonies in the chorus. Excellent :)

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

My excitement for the show in Charlotte just tripled, REALLY hope they keep My Champion in the set! Sounded great for a first performance
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Yes!! Hope they keep it in the set for the Nashville show. Really excited he played a little of Wonderful Life. One of my favorite AB songs.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Keep mixing it up guys. About time! Better late than never though.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

That sounded great, and I'm happy to see one of the new songs already added to the set list. That's the way to do it!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Ubik wrote:That interview with Myles the other day was interesting as he said he's sure if the fans weren't happy about something we'd let them know about it. Really not sure that's the case. Entertaining if they were actually like "FUCK I wish we could stop playing so much stuff from Blackbird but the fans keep telling us they love the shows as they are!"
Bear in mind that they will probably be a lot more inclined to tailor their set lists based on audience response. If the Blackbird tracks are still received much more enthusiastically than the newer stuff, that will outweigh the complaints of a few die-hards online.

Take The Sun
Bought The CDs

Post by Take The Sun »

My Champion was the real hook of the set, I think. The crowd was completely invested after the song when Myles commented, "That was me fucking up in the intro, there." It's hard to explain, but it created a nice moment between band & crowd.
Credit to greenhammock on deviantart for the awesome background

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

abw1987 wrote:Bear in mind that they will probably be a lot more inclined to tailor their set lists based on audience response. If the Blackbird tracks are still received much more enthusiastically than the newer stuff, that will outweigh the complaints of a few die-hards online.
That may be true, but I think it kinda sets a bad precedent and would go against a notion that this is a promising band that should be moving forward and could be something in the rock world, one day. How does one promote themselves that they have a bright future? Got to play a fair amount of new material and hope these songs go over well with the crowds and, if doesn't, you got to keep trying to push forward (this time, my sig quote will make sense here).

It's not like I want them to do away with the Blackbird songs for this tour or forever. Back then, when I was starting out as a new fan, I thought a song like Blackbird when played live meant something special and a rare thing. Now they play it all the time in every show, festivals included (and for good reason, since they, and the fans, established it as an important song for the band). Back then, I just kept listening to that acoustic version, with the whole band, of Before Tomorrow Comes. Nowadays, I'm like BTC played in the set? Ho-hum. They played it so much in a song slot, that could have meant for other songs, newer songs, that it doesn't make it special.

It would be nice if they try to get other older songs, in addition with The Last Hero, in the fold again. Heck, I'm willing to think that One Day Remains (a song they play rarely nowadays) would still get as much of a good reaction as Brand New Start/White Knuckles/Before Tomorrow Comes, but, for some reason, they don't work that back in the fold.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I liked the low verses in that performance of My Champion. Non nasal Myles is best Myles. Mark seems kinde bored during that song tho. Which i can understand.

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

Take The Sun wrote:My Champion was the real hook of the set, I think. The crowd was completely invested after the song when Myles commented, "That was me fucking up in the intro, there." It's hard to explain, but it created a nice moment between band & crowd.
Funny to hear cause Myles was right on the tempo, Flip was slower

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yeah, I hope they mix it up a little every show. I'd love to hear wonderful life next week. Especially since me and my wife are getting along better than we ever have in 16 years of marriage.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Just spent a hundred of the two hundred I made on two tickets and fast lane passes. Prolly 30 for gas Id say. And rents due. Gonna be a real tight week money wise. Hate living paycheck to paycheck.

But I'm now confirmed to be in Charlotte Tuesday night.

See you there Ahart. I'll have a grey Guinness graphic T shirt on. Wife has huge Double D's. Can't miss us. Please say hello.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

austin. wrote:Just spent a hundred of the two hundred I made on two tickets and fast lane passes. Prolly 30 for gas Id say. And rents due. Gonna be a real tight week money wise. Hate living paycheck to paycheck.

But I'm now confirmed to be in Charlotte Tuesday night.

See you there Ahart. I'll have a grey Guinness graphic T shirt on. Wife has huge Double D's. Can't miss us. Please say hello.
Awesome, buddy. I'll be looking out for you guys! I'll be there in my Dusted King t-shirt with a guy that looks exactly like me.

Any idea what time we get in with the Fast Pass?
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!