Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Post by The Plotblocker »

prowler5150 wrote:Does WDR repeat Rockpalast episodes on TV / live stream?
The full broadcast is on YouTube.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Buffon
Bought The CDs

Post by Buffon »

I thought that Rockpalast broadcast sounded absolutely amazing. Listened to the entire thing on headphones, didn't notice anything off with the guitar tone. Especially enjoyed hearing Myles's guitar and Mark's vocals high up in the mix. Reaffirms my opinion that this is the best they've ever sounded live, even with the occasional ... er ... weird ... pronunciation (mee yoo arvor ve broken agaainn!!)

Really gotten the anticipation up for a new DVD with all the Fortress and TLH songs.

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Current Boxscore

Rank 39
Artist/Event Alter Bridge
Venue O2 Arena
City/State London, U.K.
Event Dates Nov. 24, 2016
Gross Sales $372,716
Attend/Capacity 10,009 / 11,791
Shows/Sellouts 1 / 0
Prices $37.24
Promoters Live Nation

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Still waiting for the day when these kind of attendances will become normal in the rest of Europe or even Murica. Hope it happens some day.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

Is there a site where you can view each individual gig's box score? I'm curious how many tickets were sold for the Basel show because it really didn't feel that packed, even during Alter Bridge's stage time. I asked once of the venue workers and they said they were only expecting around 1800 to 2200 people... for a 9000 person venue. :/

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ The information comes from Pollstar and in order for us to see it, we have to get a PollstarPro membership which costs $500........ for a year subscription.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

http://www.billboard.com/biz/current-boxscore

This lists updates every tuesday but it doesn't have every show

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Not only that, but it only lists like 100 shows (about a few months back, they used to do around 300-400 shows a week), so given how much AB makes in ticket revenue (even in Europe), it would be while until they are back on the Billboard Boxscore.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Torsten wrote:Image

Current Boxscore

Rank 39
Artist/Event Alter Bridge
Venue O2 Arena
City/State London, U.K.
Event Dates Nov. 24, 2016
Gross Sales $372,716
Attend/Capacity 10,009 / 11,791
Shows/Sellouts 1 / 0

Prices $37.24
Promoters Live Nation
That's interesting, considering that weeks before the show every site was showing it as "sold out" when I was trying to buy tickets for a friend.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Standing was sold out. Seating wasn't.
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

axlar wrote:Standing was sold out. Seating wasn't.
Like I said before, site I tried listed both as sold out.
From where I was seated, neither area looked sold out.

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

PRG XL Video - The UK's Leading Supplier of Event Technology

Alter Bridge Rock Arenas Around Europe with Support from PRG XL Video

Floridian hard rock titans Alter Bridge toured mainland Europe and the UK during the tail end of 2016, with lighting, video and rigging supplied by PRG XL Video.

Lighting Designer Greg ‘Lil G’ Kocurek explained his design for the show: “We wanted a real heavy rock look, the kind of visual spectacular that threatens to melt your face; yet to create a well-balanced show with moments of calm between the chaos. The lighting rig is made up of Martin Mac Viper profiles, Icon Beams and Clay Paky A.LEDA B-EYE K20s, which are brilliant because you can do so many things with them and have great effects. I also used Clay Paky Stormy CC strobes and the Chauvet Strike 4 LED lights as audience blinders. Our choice of fixtures was moulded around the budget we had, and the best products we could afford—but in the end they matched our original ideas perfectly.”

Alter Bridge’s set was high-octane and relentless, despite the moments of calm Greg mentioned, which served only as an opportunity to catch your breath before the madness took hold again.

The video wall was made up of 105 tiles of ROE Visual MC-18H LED tiles, with content being driven by a PRG Mbox extreme V3.5 media server. Greg added: “The majority of video content was created by Craig Gowens which helped with stock content and additional content used to tell the story and theme behind each song.”

PRG XL Video Account Director Stef Michels coordinated the supply of video technology for the tour: “Greg’s a brilliant Lighting Designer who I’ve worked with for many years—he has a great understanding of video technology and knows exactly what he wants to achieve. The Alter Bridge tour looked amazing, with really creative use of video content.”

Greg is a veteran of the heavy rock scene, having worked with Slipknot and Creed, and has been part of the Alter Bridge touring family since 2009. After we caught up with the band in Leeds, they returned to mainland Europe for several shows, before heading to North America. Alter Bridge return to the UK in June when they play Download festival at Donington Park.

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

nice! so......DVD?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Greg is everywhere and can do anything..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Greg appears TPi