Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Post by fix »

http://www1.wdr.de/fernsehen/rockpalast ... t-100.html

Well you can get a preview of the show, they put up My Champion! And Wish You Hell from LaS.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Damn you Myles and your Intro. Btw, the mastering seems to be MUCH better than the last time WDR made a transmission of an AB concert. Myles sounds pretty good aswell.

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

Hmm... the lack of energy of Myles tho...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, wasn't really feeling it as well.. Thought it sounded great though.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Mr. Slash wrote:Damn you Myles and your Intro. Btw, the mastering seems to be MUCH better than the last time WDR made a transmission of an AB concert. Myles sounds pretty good aswell.
Yeah I was thinking that too. I only recently watched the show from 2013 and the sound was not the best. But this one, so far, sounds much better.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Today's setlist in Bologna, Italy which happened to take place in an arena. 19 songs played. Still got 5 songs from The Last Hero along with the usual tracks.

The Writing on the Wall
Come to Life
Addicted to Pain
Ghost of Days Gone By
Cry of Achilles
Crows on a Wire
Ties That Bind
The Last Hero
Waters Rising
My Champion
Wonderful Life
Watch Over You
Slip to the Void
Isolation
Blackbird
Metalingus
Open Your Eyes
Show Me a Leader
Rise Today

Some crowd shots I've seen on Twitter.

SedyBenoitPeace
Brand New Start

Post by SedyBenoitPeace »

anguyen92 wrote:Today's setlist in Bologna, Italy which happened to take place in an arena. 19 songs played. Still got 5 songs from The Last Hero along with the usual tracks.

The Writing on the Wall
Come to Life
Addicted to Pain
Ghost of Days Gone By
Cry of Achilles
Crows on a Wire
Ties That Bind
The Last Hero
Waters Rising
My Champion
Wonderful Life
Watch Over You
Slip to the Void
Isolation
Blackbird
Metalingus
Open Your Eyes
Show Me a Leader
Rise Today

I was there mate.. It was my first Alter Bridge show.. And I got a great show and also a selfie with Scott and also my ticket signed by him.. I think that it couldn't be better.. However really guys.. This band is really a live band.. It was unbelievable.. I had goosebumps at every song.. I have also some video (also for Slip to the void) but unfortunately I wasn't near the band and I wasn't quiet while filming (I also sing a lot) then I think that they aren't good videos

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

SedyBenoitPeace wrote:
I was there mate.. It was my first Alter Bridge show.. And I got a great show and also a selfie with Scott and also my ticket signed by him.. I think that it couldn't be better.. However really guys.. This band is really a live band.. It was unbelievable.. I had goosebumps at every song.. I have also some video (also for Slip to the void) but unfortunately I wasn't near the band and I wasn't quiet while filming (I also sing a lot) then I think that they aren't good videos
It's a bit offtopic but how long did you queue to enter? Saw Chili Peppers there, it was sold out so I guess it had a couple of thousand more people but I'm still wondering. We waited for 90 minutes after the gate was opened, missed whole support band. It was really really bad with like 10 gates where you pretty much didn't do anything and with only 3 ticket scanners

SedyBenoitPeace
Brand New Start

Post by SedyBenoitPeace »

Nicklord wrote:
SedyBenoitPeace wrote:
It's a bit offtopic but how long did you queue to enter? Saw Chili Peppers there, it was sold out so I guess it had a couple of thousand more people but I'm still wondering. We waited for 90 minutes after the gate was opened, missed whole support band. It was really really bad with like 10 gates where you pretty much didn't do anything and with only 3 ticket scanners
I was there 30 minutes before gates opening...i can't tell you how much i waited because i don't remember but i can tell you that i lost maybe two or three songs from Like A Storm...i saw full Gojira for example..maybe something went wrong on your gate...however you're right organization was not good...you can't open the gates only 15 minutes before the first act!
However Scott told us that they will come back in summer then i think that they will tour again this summer in Europe, they will tour US until the end of February and then on April they will be in Australia and New Zealand..damn the guys are unstoppable if they're planning another tour in summer!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

RIP Mark and Scott. Guys, seems like we need a new favorite band.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BN2jWCPD3fz/

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Brian seems to be alive for the moment. Maybe that Brian Marshall solo band could be a thing.........

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

That was so fucking stupid, but I can't stop laughing :lol

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

^ haha Evil Mario has the same effect on me. It's so weird and stupid but funny at the same time haha!

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

Unfortunately I do not have the setlist from the final tour-show yesterday in Basel, but it was a great gig!
No "My Champion", no "The Last Hero", no "You Will Be Remebered". But instead "Island Of Fools", which was absolutely insane live! And they played "White Knuckles". It was a setlist full of powerful, hard songs (except "Watch Over You" of course), and that seemed to be absolutely right after Gojira (which was too hard for me sometimes, especially the screaming all the time).

Great concert, I saw Alter Bridge the 4th time in Switzerland. Great to see that there are so many people coming to this concert. The first time I saw them was in Zürich, a place called "Rohstofflager" (it doesn't exist anymore), and they played every song from ODR, in front of aprox. 300 people.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

I didn't get a set list either but what an incredible gig. Met some of the Ao12 crew, as well as axlar (our first gig together since seeing Creed live back in Virginia in 2009). What an incredible, incredible show! There were some people moshing during Gojira which got annoying at times, but they were very tight. I've never seen a live band play that in sync.

Alter Bridge was absolutely great. We got a standard setlist from the tour, with the addition of White Knuckles (and then they screwed up the bridge which was slightly amusing). Finally got to see the two songs live that I've been dying to see since Fortress dropped three years ago (Cry of Achilles and Waters Rising). The entire night I was throwing horns back and forth with all the guys and getting smiles and horns back... ended with Mark pointing to me and throwing one of his used picks to me (just the regular Dunlop 1 mm, but with string "bite marks") at the end of Open Your Eyes... I unfortunately dropped it but found it on the floor. Great night!

From L-R: My girlfriend, me, and Stijn (axlar), taken by Stijn.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Ameya!!!
Was great to meet you yesterday! Hope to see you again soon!!

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

SchwiizVT12 wrote:From L-R: My girlfriend, me, and Stijn (axlar), taken by Stijn.
I forgot during which song I took this..

Was good seeing you again after all these years! And was cool to enjoy the concert together..
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Slightly off topic but because someone mentioned it here. What exactly is the Army of 12?
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

axlar wrote:
SchwiizVT12 wrote:From L-R: My girlfriend, me, and Stijn (axlar), taken by Stijn.
I forgot during which song I took this..

Was good seeing you again after all these years! And was cool to enjoy the concert together..
Yeah man for sure, we gotta do more in the future! And we think it was taken either during Crows on a Wire or Island of Fools.
RoelSmoel wrote:Ameya!!!
Was great to meet you yesterday! Hope to see you again soon!!
Roel!! Likewise, was awesome meeting you and everyone else, hopefully there's more meetings in the near future!

claudiocc
Bought The CDs

Post by claudiocc »

anguyen92 wrote:Today's setlist in Bologna, Italy which happened to take place in an arena. 19 songs played. Still got 5 songs from The Last Hero along with the usual tracks.

The Writing on the Wall
Come to Life
Addicted to Pain
Ghost of Days Gone By
Cry of Achilles
Crows on a Wire
Ties That Bind
The Last Hero
Waters Rising
My Champion
Wonderful Life
Watch Over You
Slip to the Void
Isolation
Blackbird
Metalingus
Open Your Eyes
Show Me a Leader
Rise Today

Hi, I was there too...what a night...was my 42nd Alter Bridge gig. Saw them twice this tour, in Barcelona ( second gig) and Bologna ( second from last). Totally different sound ( finally). For me the biggest issue AB always had was the sound to the public. Their speakers won't handle so much bass. But this time, even if still a bit, was much much better. So much that now I am confident they can hit stadium.... I am Italian but I live abroad, and yes, very silly to open gates right before the first act, and also parking was too expensive, quick to get the money but no one to direct traffic at exit...45 minutes... Back to AB, it was great concert, though a couple of imperfection for my no technical ears, but I spotted them at the end of Blackbird and another I can't remember...But really awesome, awesome concert....Lot of people, all enthusiastic, so great ambient, great music and bombastic full attack!!! Fantastic... And, to many who complaint about the set list always being the same in the past, it looks there has been no gig with same playlist this tour...Mega......Looking forward to hit 45 gigs before the end of the summer!!!!