Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
User avatar
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void
Posts: 4259
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:40 pm
Location: Mizzou

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby One Drew Remains » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:55 am

Awesome news. We need another live release. Glad they got 4 from Fortress on there.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17

User avatar
The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 556
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:17 am

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby The Plotblocker » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:40 am

I heard they were recording every show in the UK for a DVD/CD release next year. Would be very nice if they mixed it up and included all The Last Hero songs they have played so far. Looks to me that they have settled on 8 from that album that they are gonna be mixing around for the tour. Though I am still hopeful they try out more as the tour progresses. This Side of Fate deserves to have at least one live play through, as does Cradle.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Image

User avatar
fix
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 616
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:50 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby fix » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:02 am

I remember an Amsterdam and Milan recording of the same tour that never saw the light of day......

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:38 am

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby mikeyd23 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:02 am

The Plotblocker wrote:I heard they were recording every show in the UK for a DVD/CD release next year. Would be very nice if they mixed it up and included all The Last Hero songs they have played so far. Looks to me that they have settled on 8 from that album that they are gonna be mixing around for the tour. Though I am still hopeful they try out more as the tour progresses. This Side of Fate deserves to have at least one live play through, as does Cradle.

For me, this would be ideal. Continue to mix new songs in, and record everything. At the end of the tour, pick the best performances of the songs, and put together a live compilation.

User avatar
Andy92
You Waste Your Time
Posts: 13030
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby Andy92 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:30 am

Saw Tim say on Facebook that they had something cool in the works. Hopeful for some new live footage throughout the European tour.
Image

User avatar
RoelSmoel
Isolated
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:28 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby RoelSmoel » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:36 am

fix wrote:I remember an Amsterdam and Milan recording of the same tour that never saw the light of day......


:shrug:
Last edited by RoelSmoel on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fix
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 616
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:50 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby fix » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:57 am

RoelSmoel wrote:
fix wrote:I remember an Amsterdam and Milan recording of the same tour that never saw the light of day......


That's something DC3 decided from one side - their side. AB never agreed with filming the whole thing AND bringing it out as a DVD.
You remember that trailer? Live in Milan - out in June? That's something DC3 made without any agreement from AB.


Well that sucks... Remember some statement that they didn't want it released, but since they announced it themselfs at the show I would have thought they were onboard.

User avatar
Jim
Blood Machines
Posts: 24217
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:16 am
Location: That's Right!

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby Jim » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:47 pm

Caught the guys 3 times this week. Been busy

Hope everyone caught/enjoyed my live streams from those shows!
Image

User avatar
PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:38 pm

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby PRS10Top » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Jim wrote:Caught the guys 3 times this week. Been busy

Hope everyone caught/enjoyed my live streams from those shows!

Are you putting the ones on on Facebook Live under the official account or is that Tim?

User avatar
WaywardOne
Loyal Follower
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:27 pm
Location: Yorkorado

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby WaywardOne » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Jim wrote:Caught the guys 3 times this week. Been busy

Hope everyone caught/enjoyed my live streams from those shows!


That must have been amazing, thanks Jim!

Any overall reviews or stories you'd like to share?

User avatar
Jim
Blood Machines
Posts: 24217
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:16 am
Location: That's Right!

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby Jim » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:23 am

PRS10Top wrote:
Jim wrote:Caught the guys 3 times this week. Been busy

Hope everyone caught/enjoyed my live streams from those shows!

Are you putting the ones on on Facebook Live under the official account or is that Tim?


That's Tim. I'm doing the TABN Facebook page uploads

WaywardOne wrote:
Jim wrote:Caught the guys 3 times this week. Been busy

Hope everyone caught/enjoyed my live streams from those shows!


That must have been amazing, thanks Jim!

Any overall reviews or stories you'd like to share?


Ermm it would be quite lengthy if I were to do so, and nobody wants to read that drivel
Image

User avatar
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void
Posts: 4259
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:40 pm
Location: Mizzou

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby One Drew Remains » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:56 pm

Saw the Manchester one if that was yours, Jimbo. Enjoyed it.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17

User avatar
Mr. Slash
On The Rail
Posts: 1232
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby Mr. Slash » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:03 pm

rireland wrote:Haven't looked through the pages but Mark gave away a guitar or two! Does he normally do that?!

Can see one here at the beginning of Blackbird, and pretty sure he did it after Rise Today



Really good gig though. There were signs they were filming so here's hoping another Blu-Ray is in the works... (I saw them at Wembley but the year they didn't record it) :)

I am really happy about the London vids, Myles finally bothered about using his low register. Sadly you can hear out of his voice that he gets older, just compare it to the Amsterdam performance. Still this one and the video of CoA kinda reduced my doubts regarding Myles and his voice. Because I have to admit, that many of the stuff he pulled off in the post ABIII era were not really convincing for me.

User avatar
gbruin
MEGLADONG
Posts: 6620
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby gbruin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:10 pm

Ubik wrote:Entertained that the line Myles keeps forgetting in Island of Fools is the title.

It's really quite fitting though, right? :lol
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Buffon
Brand New Start
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby Buffon » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:00 am

AB23 wrote:Was everyone expecting every unbiased review to be positive or am I missing something


It's pretty funny, actually. It's a three-star review with plenty of praise in between the criticism.

Not sure if some people just want every site out there to rub one out over everything Alter Bridge *coughWhatCulturecough*

Mr. Slash wrote:
rireland wrote:Haven't looked through the pages but Mark gave away a guitar or two! Does he normally do that?!

Can see one here at the beginning of Blackbird, and pretty sure he did it after Rise Today



Really good gig though. There were signs they were filming so here's hoping another Blu-Ray is in the works... (I saw them at Wembley but the year they didn't record it) :)

I am really happy about the London vids, Myles finally bothered about using his low register. Sadly you can hear out of his voice that he gets older, just compare it to the Amsterdam performance. Still this one and the video of CoA kinda reduced my doubts regarding Myles and his voice. Because I have to admit, that many of the stuff he pulled off in the post ABIII era were not really convincing for me.


Yeah, the AB III tour was a bit of an off spell for Myles: a bit too shrill, and too much talking instead of singing, he seemed a bit worn out by the end as seen on the Wembley DVD.

But I'd say he's been at more or less peak levels since the Fortress tour. His vocals lately have been at least as impressive as the Amsterdam performance, and the band's performance as a whole has actually been miles better. They actually play the songs at the right tempo now, whereas it was a bit too quick on the Amsterdam DVD and an absolute joke at Wembley.

User avatar
fix
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 616
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:50 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby fix » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:44 am

Haha playing along with Live in Amsterdam and then switch to the album version, especially White Knuckles, always makes me giggle.

User avatar
Lotha
Colloquial
Posts: 4990
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:54 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby Lotha » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:22 pm

You guys watching the live stream on AB Facebook right now?
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

User avatar
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle
Posts: 16056
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Belgium シ

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby Timotheus » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:23 pm

Am watching.

Edit: Aaaand it's gone.
Image

benjoAB
White Knuckled
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby benjoAB » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:23 pm

Glasgow was all round good show!

Like a storm were decent openers!
Gojira were good musicians but defo not to my taste and didn't really fit in with the other bands
Volbeat were ok too, they had a decent following in the crowd but again not to my taste!
Alter bridge were immense, a few snags with the sound...myles hopping from different microphones and mark guitar lead falling out but apart from that was good, myles vocally sounded great espically on watch over you...prob the most I've seen them switching sides on the stage which was good, myles was mostly positioned on the left of the stage were Brian normally stands, not sure if that's just for this tour but myles when I've seen stands in the middle

No surpirses with the set...the other side, crows, you will be remembered, show me a leader and writings on the wall

User avatar
RoelSmoel
Isolated
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:28 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Postby RoelSmoel » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:23 am

benjoAB wrote:"myles hopping from different microphones and mark guitar lead falling out but apart from that was good, myles vocally sounded great espically on watch over you...prob the most I've seen them switching sides on the stage which was good, myles was mostly positioned on the left of the stage were Brian normally stands, not sure if that's just for this tour but myles when I've seen stands in the middle"

He's been doing that since the first leg of the Fortress tour. Seems that his hearing doesn't get smashed by Flip his drums when he's standing on the left.


Return to “Alter Bridge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests