Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Post by anguyen92 »

Hard to say. I mean at the first half (2013) of their headlining shows for Fortress, they were bring stuff like Lover, The Uninvited, and Calm the Fire, one of those songs at a show, (in addition to their main four songs: Addicted to Pain, Waters Rising, Farther Than the Sun and Cry of Achilles). At the end of the Fortress tour for their US shows, it was the main four plus Fortress (only Bleed It Dry had one or two appearance).

I will have to say. They got to keep at least six song slots for The Last Hero, no matter what songs, they want to rotate. These last few shows with only 4-5 songs is a bit concerning to me and I don't want them giving up on playing The Last Hero songs just because certain crowds were not feeling them.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

:( where are all the awesome new songs! I love that they play TLH, but where are TOS, Crows and/or IOF?!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Still no Last Hero vids?!? Lame

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

anguyen92 wrote:These last few shows with only 4-5 songs is a bit concerning to me and I don't want them giving up on playing The Last Hero songs just because certain crowds were not feeling them.
if you add 2 longer songs, 3 shorter songs need to make way.. simple math
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Yeah, but drop Blackbird and ODR songs, not TLH songs. Out with the old in with the new. Have faith in you new material or no one else will.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

The Plotblocker wrote:Yeah, but drop Blackbird and ODR songs, not TLH songs. Out with the old in with the new. Have faith in you new material or no one else will.
I mean, the only ODR song they constantly play nowadays is Metalingus. They should definitely keep that (or replace it with Open Your Eyes, but then they would have to add White Knuckles or include the part where Myles plays with the audience in another song).

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

They could bring back I know It Hurts for Myles to play with the audience during. I really enjoyed the "AY AY AY OH" bit during Wembley 2011 :)
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

The Plotblocker wrote:They could bring back I know It Hurts for Myles to play with the audience during. I really enjoyed the "AY AY AY OH" bit during Wembley 2011 :)
I'd LOVE that. I Know It Hurts is such a great live song!

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Damn. Down to just 4 TLH tracks now..... By this rate SMAL will be the only one left by the time I see them :(

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Blackbird wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:They could bring back I know It Hurts for Myles to play with the audience during. I really enjoyed the "AY AY AY OH" bit during Wembley 2011 :)
I'd LOVE that. I Know It Hurts is such a great live song!
Yeah, it really did work well live. Not one of my fave AB songs, but love it live!

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

They fucking pull that off!!! I'd love to hear it from someone to got Myles' guitar higher in the mix.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, that's super interesting if you want to learn Mark's parts though!

Besides them losing their tempo a bit in the last verse I thought it sounded really good! I hope they keep playing it.. I'd love to have a pro-shot version of that!
Last edited by Timotheus on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

DCooper727
TABN.com Citizen

Post by DCooper727 »

I know I'm not the only one that this bothers, but I seriously cannot stand when people assume that Mark plays every solo and just focuses the camera on him when the sound is clearly not matching the movement of his hand. I really, really wanted to see Myles play his TLH solo and the person filming totally derped out and only filmed Myles play like half of it. :(

Anyway, that is a hell of a song to play live, and I hope they keep it in the setlist.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Biased opinion because of how much I love the song, but I seriously think it should close out their Download set, wherever that may be in the lineup.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Felypesh wrote:
Ok, that was pretty fucking awesome! But seriously, who is this guy filming??!?! Multiple videos online from this tour keeps moving the cam to Mark halfway through a Myles solo :wtf Some ridiculously poor camerawork and knowledge of band.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

AB4Lyfe wrote:Biased opinion because of how much I love the song, but I seriously think it should close out their Download set, wherever that may be in the lineup.
Yeah. Seem's their agents couldn't secure that headline slot Mark had mentioned. I am hoping they get one of the second stage headline slots, even though they should be on the main. I mean, Biffy fucking Clyro??!? Are they fucking kidding me?!?!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Biffy is headlining? That could actually be pretty enjoyable.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Biffy Clyro are ten times the live band Alter Bridge is. The last album is a bit boring, but they're still awesome live.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

So.. Talking about Island of Fools live in Berlin.
Uploaded mine to Youtube. Turned out pretty cool. Some shaky camera parts because of crowd surfers, a lot of pushing and because security had to take out the person next to me who almost passed out.

I like the cheer from Myles after the last note.

Oh.. And you can switch it too HD too!