Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Post by Mr. Slash »

Again, a solo played by Myles. He surely is the new lead guitarist.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

I thought it was already well established here who plays which solo's on this album......

Also, quality camera work there..... Not. Seriously, why would you switch to someone else during that epic solo?!?!
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

Mr. Slash wrote:
Take it easy. There's another one after that. Played by Tremonster. But how awesome is it that a band like this has two lead-quality guitarists? As far as I'm concerned, they've both reached virtuoso status. I can't wait to see them in February!!! :headbang I've decided I'm going to shell out the money for the meet-and-greet. Not so much because I want to meet them, I mean it'll be cool to do so I guess but moreso because I want to be up close to see them shred and BMarsh and Flip rock the fu$& out!

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

cajmoyper wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:
Take it easy. There's another one after that. Played by Tremonster. But how awesome is it that a band like this has two lead-quality guitarists? As far as I'm concerned, they've both reached virtuoso status. I can't wait to see them in February!!! :headbang I've decided I'm going to shell out the money for the meet-and-greet. Not so much because I want to meet them, I mean it'll be cool to do so I guess but moreso because I want to be up close to see them shred and BMarsh and Flip rock the fu$& out!
Damn right man!! It is so fucking awesome!! Both are true masters!

I wish I could afford the meet and greet. Not so much for meeting the band either, I have done that in the past for free. But I would love to see the sound check.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Post by Rosenblaetter »

The Plotblocker wrote:They really do need to stop leaning so fucking heavily on Blackbird.
I don't think they can.
I've seen two shows this year, and well.. the new songs don't excite people that much. And it's not because they are new...
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------
Past shows: Alter Bridge 10.11 NL, Kensington 11.11 NL, Alter Bridge 16.11 PL
Future shows: Kensington 15.02 DE, Kensington 17.02 PL, Rival Sons 18.02 PL

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

They just got to stick to their guns about it. If they want to play 6-7 songs from The Last Hero, they should do so regardless of how people feel about the new songs. If those songs don't excite people too much, right now, then it's up to AB to find a way to make them care about it, until it is established.

These are good songs at the end of the day, and for once, AB is giving a new album its due. They got to keep going about it much to the chagrin of certain fans, but whatever.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Yeah, because everyone has become a bunch of nostalgia obsessed 'member berry addicts lol. People are so concerned with remembering how things used to be because it was easier for them then they can;t look at what is happening now objectively. Most peoples reasoning for why they don't like something new usually boils down to "because it is not the same as it was".

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

Head of nail, meet hammer or Plotblocker. That's it in all it's simplistic glory. I want so badly to see them perform The Last Hero, I feel like I'll have to go to Europe to see them do it. Judging by the reaction of the audience in the above insta-clips, they may not play that song over here. As much as I love them, I could do without Before Tomorrow Comes, Come to Life, White Knuckles, Watch Over You, and Ties That Bind. They're great, great songs. But I've seen them play all of those at each of the three shows I've gone to. I want to see Bleed it Dry, Farther Than The Sun, Fortress, The Other Side, This Side of Fate, Crows on a Wire, Island of Fools, Cradle to the Grave, and of course The Last Hero. Hell, throw in some AB3 while you're at it. They only ever play my least favorite song off that album and Isolation. But you and I may be in the minority.

I think they know I'll go either way.

Lupin
Brand New Start

Post by Lupin »

Just finished editing and mixing my recording of Island of Fools from the live premiere in Berlin. I've combined MzHyde's and Starfucker7777's recordings with my own as my initial plan of releasing only my video in 4K didn't work out (due to me being too shaky and too heedless). Thought you guys might want to check it out ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp-yjmNowTg

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Good job^^

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Lupin wrote:Just finished editing and mixing my recording of Island of Fools from the live premiere in Berlin. I've combined MzHyde's and Starfucker7777's recordings with my own as my initial plan of releasing only my video in 4K didn't work out (due to me being too shaky and too heedless). Thought you guys might want to check it out ;)

Well done, and it's great that you included Myles' little speech at the beginning. I was completely freaking out when he said they're gonna play Island Of Fools. Is there any video on Youtube that contains the "aftermath" of the song where Myles asks whether their performance was fine?

Lupin
Brand New Start

Post by Lupin »

Blackbird wrote:Well done, and it's great that you included Myles' little speech at the beginning. I was completely freaking out when he said they're gonna play Island Of Fools. Is there any video on Youtube that contains the "aftermath" of the song where Myles asks whether their performance was fine?
Sadly I didn't record it but I'm pretty sure that Starfucker7777 (what a great name btw.) uploaded recordings of every song performed that night, it might be included on one of them.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Lupin wrote:Just finished editing and mixing my recording of Island of Fools from the live premiere in Berlin. I've combined MzHyde's and Starfucker7777's recordings with my own as my initial plan of releasing only my video in 4K didn't work out (due to me being too shaky and too heedless). Thought you guys might want to check it out ;)

Haha great stuff!

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Lupin wrote:
Blackbird wrote:Well done, and it's great that you included Myles' little speech at the beginning. I was completely freaking out when he said they're gonna play Island Of Fools. Is there any video on Youtube that contains the "aftermath" of the song where Myles asks whether their performance was fine?
Sadly I didn't record it but I'm pretty sure that Starfucker7777 (what a great name btw.) uploaded recordings of every song performed that night, it might be included on one of them.
Unfortunately not, their video also ends after Myles' short moment of delight (which was awesome, by the way). Thank you anyway :)

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

You got permission to their vid?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

That was really cool, Lupin. Thanks!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

cajmoyper wrote:Head of nail, meet hammer or Plotblocker. That's it in all it's simplistic glory. I want so badly to see them perform The Last Hero, I feel like I'll have to go to Europe to see them do it. Judging by the reaction of the audience in the above insta-clips, they may not play that song over here. As much as I love them, I could do without Before Tomorrow Comes, Come to Life, White Knuckles, Watch Over You, and Ties That Bind. They're great, great songs. But I've seen them play all of those at each of the three shows I've gone to. I want to see Bleed it Dry, Farther Than The Sun, Fortress, The Other Side, This Side of Fate, Crows on a Wire, Island of Fools, Cradle to the Grave, and of course The Last Hero. Hell, throw in some AB3 while you're at it. They only ever play my least favorite song off that album and Isolation. But you and I may be in the minority.

I think they know I'll go either way.
Hahaha, thanx man. Yeah, I agree with you on the dropping of Blackbird songs. But if they really must insist on playing some from back then, at least mix it up. Lets here Damage Done for once, New Way To Live again (the Amsterdam performance is amazing!), Shed My Skin, Down To My Last, Wayward One, Burn It Down, hell, even One By One, at least it would be a change. Have like, 5/6 staple songs that you perform at every show (eg Blackbird, CoA ect) but mix the rest up each night.
Guessing your least fav song off ABIII is GODGB? I like that song, but am not at all a fan of Isolation, so yeah, would def like to hear them play more from that album too, especially WDTTW. Now Mark has beefed up his singing chops they should definitely roll that song out every now and then.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

About WDTTW - Mark is not the issue here. Never has been. It's Myles who doesn't want to perform the song live, and the rest of the band obviously has to accept it (asked Flip and Mark about it in 2010 and 2011).

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Blackbird wrote:About WDTTW - Mark is not the issue here. Never has been. It's Myles who doesn't want to perform the song live, and the rest of the band obviously has to accept it (asked Flip and Mark about it in 2010 and 2011).
Oh damn. I did not know that. Did they give reason why Myles doesn't want to perform it?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

High extended note at the end.
For all of the hope that it brings...