Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Post by anguyen92 »

That's kinda weird, since this was the Vienna crowd for AB, three years ago. Same venue.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Anyway, for those that do care, here's what it looks like for their show in Poland.

It's odd, I looked at the capacity size of the venue and it's arena-sized, but from the looks of it, they are probably using a quarter of the arena and looks to fit around 2,000 people. Katowice doesn't have any venues that holds around 1,500-2000 people?

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

anguyen92 wrote:Katowice doesn't have any venues that holds around 1,500-2000 people?
Mega Club holds around 1,000 but I don't think it is about Katowice. Spodek is one of the bigger venues in the whole country but people would have preferred a show in Warsaw since is it located more to the centre of the country. Still they put a show in an arena that is just to big for AB, LC and Like a Storm. Maybe if brought Gojira along they would attract more people.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

People report that they sounded like utter shit in Katowice but that might have been due to the imcompetent soundguy. Did you guys experience anything like that at previous shows?

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Zach from LAS posted that pic above and more on his Facebook with the crowd:
https://www.facebook.com/zach.wood.7
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

anguyen92 wrote:That's kinda weird, since this was the Vienna crowd for AB, three years ago. Same venue.

Yeah, people did the same after WOY this time but that's literally the only point where they got any good response and not just modest cheer that's why I elevated them from last place

Just to be clear, people still had big smiles and enjoyed it, it's just that they were dead and I hate not moving at rock/metal gigs :lol
Dolo wrote:People report that they sounded like utter shit in Katowice but that might have been due to the imcompetent soundguy. Did you guys experience anything like that at previous shows?
Not really. Wasn't the best and the clearest show I've been to but it wasn't bad by any means

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The sound was decent in Brussels as well.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

The Plotblocker wrote: 1. Fans ADORE ODR and Fortress too.
2. The songs from ODR are piss easy to play, especially for Myles lol.
3. Source? I would say they know the songs from the first album just as well, probably even better.
Ok

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

The played fuckin The Last Hero....

EDIT: Well, no they didn't. Wonderful Life was played instead of that.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Hoping for The Last Hero in London then!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Well at least they are thinking about it. Which is awesome haha! Hope to hear it live one day!

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

They have rehearsed The Last Hero a couple of times. Sounds awesome live!
Hope that one will be added to their set soon.

mpurgar
Brand New Start

Post by mpurgar »

Hello everyone

This is my first post here and I'm on mobile so I hope everything turns out okay. I'm flying in from Croatia to Munich show and also the Meet&Greet.

How many days prior will we be contacted about the details for the meet&greet and also, is a gopro or a dslr allowed in the venue?

I was also in Munich back in 2013 and can't wait to see them again.

Cheers

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Great that they think about playing TLH, but they've already thrown Island Of Fools out of their set... :facepalm

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Not playing a song doesn't mean they've already thrown it out of their set.

Anyccka
Bought The CDs

Post by Anyccka »

anguyen92 wrote:That's kinda weird, since this was the Vienna crowd for AB, three years ago. Same venue.

Let me a little note ...
I was at Vienna two times. It´s not big venue, guys have each time sold out gig. Most of the crowd is from countries of Central / Eastern Europe, where AB have no gigs, and so we usualy visited Gasometer, Vienna. The atmosphere is always great, fans are absolutely excited and this video proves it. I really don´t know how anyone can feel Viennese crowd "dead" :wtf

You know, when you can see your favorite band really only occasionally - not like those lucky fans, who can see them several times during each tour - your emotions are literally beyond description. I am sure that you know the feeling well. And this is imo the magic of unique atmosphere at AB Vienna´s gigs...

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

So hoping the bang out Island of Fools AND The Last Hero at the O2! Does anyone know if they are planning to film any shows for possible DVD/BluRay release? Cos, the O2 does have a pretty damn fucking decent HD filming set up, with, if I remember correctly, 3D cameras too.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

3D brings memories to the wembley-hype some years agoo. Still somewhere hostage in Catullo's safe I suppose. Since Milan got screwed up somehow I hope they will play a lot of Fortress- and TLH songs for the DVD-gig ! Still want Lover and Fortress to be dvd-ed. (wouldn't mind the Milan-version of Lover with miss Hale dressed up nicely during WOY too). Make it a CD/DVD-boxset, Lots of TLH-songs, perhaps 3D BR, throw in some Milan-stuff also and the remaining ODR-tracks.....................would make a great boxset !!!

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

riemslag1 wrote:3D brings memories to the wembley-hype some years agoo. Still somewhere hostage in Catullo's safe I suppose. Since Milan got screwed up somehow I hope they will play a lot of Fortress- and TLH songs for the DVD-gig ! Still want Lover and Fortress to be dvd-ed. (wouldn't mind the Milan-version of Lover with miss Hale dressed up nicely during WOY too). Make it a CD/DVD-boxset, Lots of TLH-songs, perhaps 3D BR, throw in some Milan-stuff also and the remaining ODR-tracks.....................would make a great boxset !!!
Yeah I would buy that for sure!
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

There were rumors about filming the O2 performance..
Live in Milan is never going to happen anymore.