Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Post by Dolo »

Why does Brian always stand so close to his cab? Does it have to do with the fact that he's always so quiet that he needs to hear himself right there hahaha?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Needs to make sure his bass isn't completely tuned out of the overall sound?

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Felypesh wrote:

This sounds really good
Aahahaaa, literally just came to shre the same video. Good angle and the sound is pretty good too. Mark beasted that solo, especially the last bit! Brian needs to be louder though.
Video does confirm one thing I had been thinking though. The GP tab for this song that went up a few weeks back is wrong. The notes are right, but played in the wrong place. The way they play it here is much easier and makes more sense than the awkward tab way.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Loving Brian's bass tone in the bridge! Sounds monstrous.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Love them changing up the setlists like they're doing, but I feel the same about the pronunciation. I know it's to make the vocals easier every night, but...ugh.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Dolo wrote:Why does Brian always stand so close to his cab? Does it have to do with the fact that he's always so quiet that he needs to hear himself right there hahaha?
As Myles said on the Amsterdam DVD: He is shy. :wave

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Oh and on the Island Of Fools performance: Again, Myles plays the main solo in this one aswell. I swear, he secretly degraded Mark to the rhythm guitarist. I always thought this is a 7-String guitar song, but apparently not.

... And again, Myles played the My Champion intro wrong. lol.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

I feel Myles is trolling us with that My Champion intro lol. I also agree that Myles at least appears to have taken over the lead guitarist roll. That said, with 2 guitarists as good as them, does either really need to be designated the sole lead player? I am loving them both bring their own unique soloing styles to the mix now :)
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Mr. Slash wrote:Oh and on the Island Of Fools performance: Again, Myles plays the main solo in this one aswell. I swear, he secretly degraded Mark to the rhythm guitarist. I always thought this is a 7-String guitar song, but apparently not.

The main solo of Island Of Fools clearly is the one after the last chorus. It's longer and definitely more epic.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Mr. Slash wrote:Oh and on the Island Of Fools performance: Again, Myles plays the main solo in this one aswell. I swear, he secretly degraded Mark to the rhythm guitarist. I always thought this is a 7-String guitar song, but apparently not.

The only song on the album a 7 string was sued on is Show Me A leader. This has been stating several times by Mark in interviews.

SedyBenoitPeace
Brand New Start

Post by SedyBenoitPeace »

Guys do you think that they are packing an official live recording? Also if we are waiting Live in Milan (i think that we'll never see it ) i will be happy to see all this live songs in an high quality...maybe they can play all the song and make "The Last Hero (Live)" it would be amazing :)

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I still can't believe they don't realise how good that song is. It genuinely (for once) deserves the epithet of monster.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

They played Broken Wings in Vienna. Now waiting to see how Katowice wiil turn out. Sucks that I can't be there, but looking forward to some sick videos.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

Just got home from Vienna's show. They were amazing. First time seeing them and it was almost perfect. Only one turd in the setlist (my champion) and my other complaint is Myles got drowned a few times during louder songs. But not everytime. Got a smile from Myles when I counted down to fast part during Island of Fools :D

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

Nicklord wrote:Just got home from Vienna's show. They were amazing. First time seeing them and it was almost perfect. Only one turd in the setlist (my champion) and my other complaint is Myles got drowned a few times during louder songs. But not everytime. Got a smile from Myles when I counted down to fast part during Island of Fools :D
My heart breaks, I was supposed to be at the Vienna show, but I couldn't weasel out of work :( :pout

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

Really hope they bring back YWBR for Basel. I know I'm in the minority when I say it's one my top 5 on this record.

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

Felypesh wrote:

This sounds really good
Fantastic!

mradu1960
Brand New Start

Post by mradu1960 »

^IOF definitely ROCKS live! Love it! AFAIC, I wouldn't mind them just playing the whole new album, and then 3-4 other songs in the encore :cheers

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Crows as the opener works very, very well!
Photobucket cash grab.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

the constant changing of the setlist is something I've wanted AB to do for 10 years! Finally doing it!