Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Mr.Vlado
Bought The CDs

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Post by Mr.Vlado »

The Plotblocker wrote:Yeah, anyone know/have the full set? Only listing the first 4 songs on Setlist.com
I was there, it was freakin' awesome!

Compared to Amsterdam there were only a few changes - but great ones.

Crows as Opener, but WOTW was still in the set.

Island of Fools and Waters Rising for YWBR and Slip to the Void.
They played Island 1 or 2 songs after WOY (I think).

The rest was the same.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Mr.Vlado wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:Yeah, anyone know/have the full set? Only listing the first 4 songs on Setlist.com

The rest was the same.
Nice. A little sad to see YWBR dropped, but IOF MOOOOOOOOORE than makes up for that :)
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Mr.Vlado wrote:

The rest was the same.
They played it directly before WOY.

I'll update the setlist on setlist.fm tomorrow, way too tired now, just got home.

But just for you guys:

Crows On A Wire
Come To Life
The Writing On The Wall
Ghost Of Days Gone By
Addicted To Pain
The Other Side
Cry Of Achilles
My Champion
Ties That Bind
Waters Rising
Island Of Fools
Watch Over You
Rise Today
Poison In Your Veins
Blackbird
Metalingus

Show Me A Leader
Isolation

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Loved that, though with Myles way of singing in the chorus it sounds like "high-five yourself".
For all of the hope that it brings...

dFhimz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by dFhimz »

Ubik wrote:Loved that, though with Myles way of singing in the chorus it sounds like "high-five yourself".
Yeah his pronunciation of "save yourself" was pretty "out there". Also painful camerawork, but glad to at least have a video!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I fucking love that song!!! It is favorite 1b from TLH.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Man they sounded so tight in that video. I love that they are taking more risks w setlists this tour.

That song needs to be a staple, really gets the blood pumping, such a sick riff.
Thanks Timo!

Buffon
Bought The CDs

Post by Buffon »

I've just seen some of the videos out there of the new songs played live so far. My LORD, do they sound fantastic :D

This is what I had to say about the production on the new album after the first handful of songs were released: "The Fortress songs sound 15X better played live without all of [Baskette's] crap drowning out the actual music. I'm certain all the new ones will be exactly the same." Proven to be exactly the case: some songs I couldn't get into at all listening to the album versions (notably The Other Side and TWOTW) have clicked after a couple of phone camera-shot live videos.

Off-topic griping aside, from the sounds of it the band is at an all-time peak as a live outfit. Love that they've been so quick (relatively) to add the new songs to the setlist, and Myles sounds fantastic. I hope I get the chance to see them on this tour cycle.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

That'll be a good live song. But for the love of all that is holy, why is Myles pronouncing words like he's new to the English language?

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Sooo, I've slept for 2 1/2 hours or so and am currently on my way to my first day of work after my studies (timing...). Tired as hell but I'm gonna write a short review for last night's show.

First of all, we got Living Color as a second support act, and their show alone was worth the money. They're amazing musicians, their guitarist plays like a god and they had an incredibly energetic performance although they're definitely not the youngest anymore. The highlight surely was when they started a "Fuck Trump!" chant in the middle of a song which the crowd happily picked up and continued to chant after the song was over. It was easy to see their frustration about the election results, and I guess Germany is a great place to wreak it because awareness about such problems is generally pretty high over here (most likely due to this country's history). Another great thing about their performance was that the sound was awesome. The singer and guitarist could be heard very clearly - Alter Bridge had a way worse sound, Myles was hard to hear sometimes (especially when he swapped microphones) and Mark's guitar was way too quiet.

Nevertheless, AB were great. Myles especially seemed to enjoy the gig, he smiled all the time while Brian looked extremely grumpy for some reason. I guess Crows works as an opener. I just can't stand the song, but it's way better live than on the album. Same for TWOTW, both were actually pretty enjoyable. I'd still prefer something like Slip or SMAL to kick off the show.
The Other Side and SMAL were great as well. PIYV was a bit of a disappointment because they didn't play it with the same energy as most other new songs, and My Champion just doesn't work live for me. It's an okay studio song, but it definitely was my lowlight of the evening.
What took the night to another level for me was the addition of Island Of Fools (and they even replaced YWBR with it, yay!). Pure awesomeness. Amazing live song, just as great as on the album, and the intro gave me massive goosebumps (especially because I didn't really expect a new song). They definitely need to make this a stable. Myles even asked whether we enjoyed this particular song because they were very nervous to perform it for the first time.
Other obvious highlights were Watch Over You and Blackbird. It's great with how much emotion and seriousness they still play the latter.

Guess that's it. Great show, memorable evening.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, that's a really good live song.. So bummed they didn't play it in Brussels now.

Switching it with YWBR was a pretty good idea, I think.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Timotheus wrote:Yea, that's a really good live song.. So bummed they didn't play it in Brussels now.

Attending one of the first concerts of a new tour always is a double-edged sword... The hype is possibly bigger and the band has a lot of energy, but they will probably play the simpler songs from the new album, and at least for me, the more complex AB songs are usually the best, so the setlists tend to get better the longer the tour goes. That's why I'm extremely happy that they played IOF in Berlin (although I obviously would've loved to hear CTTG, TSOF or TLH).

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Blackbird wrote:
Timotheus wrote:Yea, that's a really good live song.. So bummed they didn't play it in Brussels now.

Attending one of the first concerts of a new tour always is a double-edged sword... The hype is possibly bigger and the band has a lot of energy, but they will probably play the simpler songs from the new album, and at least for me, the more complex AB songs are usually the best, so the setlists tend to get better the longer the tour goes. That's why I'm extremely happy that they played IOF in Berlin (although I obviously would've loved to hear CTTG, TSOF or TLH).
Hop they will add those for the UK tour or for the final few shows in germany/switzerland!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Still not feeling the encore choices at all. Just, no.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

JUST SIIIIIVE YAARSELF. Myles really needs to sort his annunciation out.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

It was even worse with Blackbird. "Blaaaaaaaackbiiiird, fly awiiiiii!" and "I hoooope yooooou find your wiiiii!" Hurts a bit in such an epic song. But well, I guess he has his reasons to do it that way ^^

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Blackbird wrote:It was even worse with Blackbird. "Blaaaaaaaackbiiiird, fly awiiiiii!" and "I hoooope yooooou find your wiiiii!" Hurts a bit in such an epic song. But well, I guess he has his reasons to do it that way ^^
Kinda used to it in Blackbird though, so didn't notice it as much. Though it does still bug me.

Mr.Vlado
Bought The CDs

Post by Mr.Vlado »

The Plotblocker wrote:
Blackbird wrote:It was even worse with Blackbird. "Blaaaaaaaackbiiiird, fly awiiiiii!" and "I hoooope yooooou find your wiiiii!" Hurts a bit in such an epic song. But well, I guess he has his reasons to do it that way ^^
Kinda used to it in Blackbird though, so didn't notice it as much. Though it does still bug me.
Yeah, that was the only "bad" thign about this phenomenal concert. The wiiiii is back. It was kinda hurtful in Blackbird and CoA (...never turn awiiiii and let it ....) I think he did it with every song whenever there was an opportunity. :S

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

This sounds really good