Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Post by The Plotblocker »

Dolo wrote:Oh no, Mark is using this ugly axe...
Not a fan of the explorer shape I take it? I really like that one personally.
austinjhnsn wrote:Really wanna see YWBR footage
Me too dude, me too!
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Writing on the Wall sounds so good.
For all of the hope that it brings...

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

Writing on the Wall does sound good. Listening to videos of these new songs has reminded me how shaky Mark still is at times when singing harmony. He has developed leaps and bounds as a lead singer obviously, but still struggles to hear his harmonies it seems.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

mikeyd23 wrote:Writing on the Wall does sound good. Listening to videos of these new songs has reminded me how shaky Mark still is at times when singing harmony. He has developed leaps and bounds as a lead singer obviously, but still struggles to hear his harmonies it seems.
Mark doesn't use in-ear monitors though right? That will make hearing yourself on a loud stage like that very difficult.

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

As far as I know, Mark is still the only guy that doesn't use in-ears. Those huge wedges he keeps on stage right in front of him should enable him to hear himself just fine though. I think they still use side-fill speakers on either side of the stage too.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

In about 24 hours I'll be seeing them live! Woo!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

mradu1960
Brand New Start

Post by mradu1960 »

For the life of me I just can't understand :shrug Ghosts of Days Gone By and Waters Rising still being in the set. Two of the weakest songs in AB's catalogue full of great songs! SO ANNOYING! :slam

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Timotheus wrote:

Amazing live song. If this song gets more popular I think it would do a fantastic job at finishing their sets.
Omg. Myles sounds like a beginner during the intro.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

mradu1960 wrote:For the life of me I just can't understand :shrug Ghosts of Days Gone By and Waters Rising still being in the set. Two of the weakest songs in AB's catalogue full of great songs! SO ANNOYING! :slam
I have the same with Before Tomorrow Comes, but I like Waters Rising. It's all about crowd response I guess...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Dolo wrote:So it is Myles who does that complex bridge riff, interesting to see.
I am surprised by the amount of lead guitar parts Myles has on the album. Looks to me like he has more solos than Mark.

Mr.Vlado
Bought The CDs

Post by Mr.Vlado »

mradu1960 wrote:For the life of me I just can't understand :shrug Ghosts of Days Gone By and Waters Rising still being in the set. Two of the weakest songs in AB's catalogue full of great songs! SO ANNOYING! :slam
For me Waters Rising puts AB's concerts to another level, it's one of the few songs I would never drop. :P It is just sth. very special that the lead guitarist can sing a song and the singer changes. AB's concerts are about the dynamics imo, the very hard songs, the uplifting ones (e.g. Rise Today, My Champion...), the epics (Blackbird, CoA), the acoustic performance in between and so on. To have Mark sing a song is just a moment where everybody goes "Yeeeeeaaaaaaah, how cool is that!" and furthermore Waters Rising shows the harmony of this band so well.
So I think it is a great decision to still play Waters Rising (...and I also love this song, but that is only a matter of taste, of course)

And I am also not a big fan of Ghosts but it is considered to be a fan favorite, so it is obvious how hard it must be for a band to choose which songs they should play, because opinions differ so hard.

For me it's Before Tomorrow that could be replaced easily, I only love Marks backing vocals in this song, the rest is just mediocre for me and by far one of their worst songs.

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

Mr. Slash wrote:
Dolo wrote:So it is Myles who does that complex bridge riff, interesting to see.
I am surprised by the amount of lead guitar parts Myles has on the album. Looks to me like he has more solos than Mark.
Mark still has more for sure.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Yeah, they really should drop Before Tomorrow Comes. They're still playing six Blackbird songs, only 2 from ABIII and only 3 or 4 from Fortress. That's crazy. There are so many amazing songs on these two albums that could easily replace BTC.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

So there isn't a full length version of Crows on a wire, The other side, or You will be remembered? thats surprising. Usually those are up quickly

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Damnit, no updates on the Munich setlist yet? What's wrong with my fellow countrymen?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Uhhhh, setlist.fm got that wrong. The Munich show is not until December 10th. Next show is in Belgium, tomorrow. They were suppose to do a show in Paris, France, in between the show in Barcelona and the show in Belgium, but it got cancelled for undisclosed reasons.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Didn't even check setlist.fm, but some guys here talked about the 8th - thanks for the update xD

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I liked the beginning.. Definitely better than the studio version.

Tonight would be a very appropriate moment to start playing This Side of Fate! Please? :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

AHart96 wrote:
Nice, thanks for sharing :) So happy that it is the full band on this one and not another acoustic moment. Gotta say that it is refreshing to hear Myles not talking off lines so much, so far anyway.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.