Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Post by Blackbird »

The Plotblocker wrote:
Blackbird wrote:I'd really like to know why so many people here seem to like Crows that much. How is it any different to the weakest songs on TLH like Losing Patience and The Writing On The Wall?
Because it is better, that's why. Sick riff, great vocals, nice solo. I cannot figure out why you seem to have such an issue with that one song over all the rest.
Uninspired and boring riff, abyssmal vocals in the verses and the worst solo on the record. That's what I feel about the song. Plus one of the worst choruses they've ever written. The difference for me is that I just don't find Losing Patience, TWOTW and YWBR really good. Crows, however, annoys me.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

There is a lot like about Crows. The riff is fun. I like the way it snakes around the chorus. I like the pre chorus as well. And Myles shreddy solo and bridge set it off for me.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

SedyBenoitPeace
Brand New Start

Post by SedyBenoitPeace »

The intro of Crows on a Wire reminds me Isolation.. I don't know why but to my ears they are similar.. However i like it.. Not their best song but is good.. Is also my ringtone :-)

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

I don't miss WOY electric in the slightest. LOVE it acoustic! if he wants to change up the song, fine, but definitely keep an acoustic song and if he keeps WOY that's more than fine with me, too.

PascalM
Brand New Start

Post by PascalM »

anguyen92 wrote:Another interesting observation is that despite them saying that they wanted Poison in Your Veins as the first single, which would have put the song into must-play territory for them, that did not show up in this show as well or during the fall US shows before the album was out.
I guess it will pop up in their setlist really soon. At the beginning of the Fortress run they also swapped the songs around a bit if I remember correctly. And after a while some songs remained in and others were never played again...

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I definitely agree w Blackbird. Worst song on TLH, cant stand that chorus
Thanks Timo!

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

austinjhnsn wrote:I definitely agree w Blackbird. Worst song on TLH, cant stand that chorus
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

I'd love to hear Myles perform Lover acoustic. But that ship has probably sailed.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Blackbird wrote:I'd really like to know why so many people here seem to like Crows that much. How is it any different to the weakest songs on TLH like Losing Patience and The Writing On The Wall?
Because the song is rippin'...the riff, Myles' more "angry" voice in the verses, the drums, the solo...it's just a good hard rock song that gets your head banging.

Think some people find Myles' vocals in the chorus annoying. I personally don't...guess I see where they're coming from, but I don't mind the chorus, although it probably is the weakest part of the song.

Am I right in saying that for those who hate the chorus? Is it the vocals?
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Probably. It's like how Cry A Rivers chorus annoys me, yet I still like the song well enough.
Altered:

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Myles sounds pretty good during WOY. Still I think they should drop this song out off their setlist. It is simply overplayed, like so many other songs.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

I love the chorus for Crows!! Same for Cry A River (though my fave part of the is the whole middle section. That break down riff is so awesome).
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I just want to see videos of the new songs live!
Thanks Timo!

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Andy92 wrote:
Because the song is rippin'...the riff, Myles' more "angry" voice in the verses, the drums, the solo...it's just a good hard rock song that gets your head banging.

Think some people find Myles' vocals in the chorus annoying. I personally don't...guess I see where they're coming from, but I don't mind the chorus, although it probably is the weakest part of the song.

Not for me. The whole chorus is just bland and boring, it's not specifically about the vocals. The verse is where the vocals really annoy me, not because of the way Myles sings but because the melody of the vocals is nothing but horrible.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

I like the verse groove a lot! One of my fav verses on the record haha! But I'm more of a guitar than vocals guy...

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

austinjhnsn wrote:I just want to see videos of the new songs live!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Blackbird wrote:
Andy92 wrote:

Not for me. The whole chorus is just bland and boring, it's not specifically about the vocals. The verse is where the vocals really annoy me, not because of the way Myles sings but because the melody of the vocals is nothing but horrible.
Thanks for the input. We all have different tastes in music, I just thought it was odd to see the opposingly different opinions on this one. Seems to be some people's favorite and some people's least favorite lol. I assumed the annoyance was with how Myles sings "wire," "conspire," "devour," and "power." He gets kinda high on those words, figured that was what annoyed some people. I'm mainly curious because I really like that song. :D

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Someone tweeted a picture of the setlist in Barcelona. Pretty lengthy actually if it is true. 20 songs, and Poison in Your Veins is included, which does make the count 7 songs from The Last Hero. Still looking for the other songs like Cradle to the Grave, This Side of Fate, Island of Fools, and The Last Hero to be played. I must be patient.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

That set list looks legit with the watermark intro. My list from Tulsa has a similar one.
Altered:

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Glad to see so many new songs already being played.