Thoughts on My Champion lyric sheet

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AB23
Still Remains

Re: Thoughts on My Champion lyric sheet (no pic... yet)

Post by AB23 »

hahaha i love jim's little passive aggressive jabs.

thx for sharing. I don't really see what the whole point in the "tease" was, but at least you came through in the long run.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The last part is the second half of the third chorus.

Overal I like the lyrics. The positivity reminds me of All Ends Well. I need some more uplifting AB in my life.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: My champion lyrics

Post by Crumbso »

Ryan wrote:
Crumbso wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:
gazzaab wrote:Wow now i know why michael t and tim tournier get frustrated with you guys.
You got a point there and it really saddens me with the fact that they don't come post here anymore, because of how we conduct ourselves here. That stated, I wish people would have a little bit more patience, although if I made a thread with the title of something like "x song lyrics" and don't provide lyrics, in any forum, I'm going to definitely get chewed out for sure.
Not particularly bothered by that. They both have too short of a fuse to be public-facing PR peeps on the web (though I've been assured that in person they are good dudes). Many a thread has been turned entirely negative because of direct involvement of the Fret 12/AB machine. There's much background work to do with leaks, negative opinion and information sharing that can be done without alienating parts of the fanbase.

Back OT
I don't reckon the lyrics will turn up.
Problem is, they're not the only ones that feel that way.
Sorry Ryan, prob just me being dense but not sure I get your point? Who feels what way?

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

wasn't being passive aggressive, totally genuine this time!

You can't open a thread about something so sensitive on the cusp of an album release without backing it up with physical evidence, I'm glad that has been done. Even if Gazza chose to insult everyone here in the process, which was not appreciated

dFhimz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by dFhimz »

Denial/Deny count = 0

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Crumbso wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Crumbso wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:
gazzaab wrote:Wow now i know why michael t and tim tournier get frustrated with you guys.
You got a point there and it really saddens me with the fact that they don't come post here anymore, because of how we conduct ourselves here. That stated, I wish people would have a little bit more patience, although if I made a thread with the title of something like "x song lyrics" and don't provide lyrics, in any forum, I'm going to definitely get chewed out for sure.
Not particularly bothered by that. They both have too short of a fuse to be public-facing PR peeps on the web (though I've been assured that in person they are good dudes). Many a thread has been turned entirely negative because of direct involvement of the Fret 12/AB machine. There's much background work to do with leaks, negative opinion and information sharing that can be done without alienating parts of the fanbase.

Back OT
Sorry Ryan, prob just me being dense but not sure I get your point? Who feels what way?
Not dense at all man. A lot of fans and others have mentioned that they don't like visiting here anymore due to the way they're treated and people act. This place used to be huge and buzzing all the time. Granted social media has gotten a lot more prevelant than when this site started, but I'd say there's probably less than 15-20 folks that regularly chat on here anymore.
Photobucket cash grab.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

You're not dude, you're good.
Photobucket cash grab.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

You're fine Kev. It's Cameron.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I think it's unfortunately a case of a larger fanbase taking away that tight-knit community feel that existed back in the day. I joined up in 2006 and it's been a slow transition if anything. It's never been a panacea of kindness but I still think that in the main it's friendly. Just gets a little choppy coming up to releases.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

It also seems to be due to the absolute lull in the band's discography lately... probably the most prolonged in the band's lifetime. These other projects are fun at times, but they don't generate the attention that a buzzing AB album or a new tour or a game of mafia bring.

Seems to me that the community totally ebbs and flows with AB news. You don't have new AB news (as we haven't gotten since SMAL was released) the community returns to its regulars. You have news, people show up to talk about it. If I recall correctly, this is how it was between the Blackbird tour and ABIII, ABIII tour and Fortress, and now.

Like, I went through a period where I didn't post here for like 6 months. But that's just because there really was nothing to post. Nothing was happening at all whatsoever. I'm not the biggest fan of Tremont's side project, so I let the people who like them talk about it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: And early morning angry posts.

Post by zazthespaz »

Andy92 wrote:You're fine Kev. It's Cameron.
That guy's a douche. Only thing he's good for is mafia games and pissing Lotha off in said mafia games.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

There's always been divisive people on here though. Elvis arguments go back to the Blackbird days. ABIII era was the 'Did I inspire Tremonti' debacle (I sorely regret my part in that). Slash/Tremonti projects made people crazy. Numerous people banned throughout the ages (temporary or otherwise) for various infractions.

It's just been a weird atmosphere round release schedules lately, with strangely overt and aggressive suppresion of leak discussion. Literally no-one is going to post the location of a leak, that is understood, but to pretend it doesn't exist seems crazy. Plus, asking people nicely to not do something is wholly different from the VERY accusative tone taken by certain factions in those discussions. I understand (but disagree with) the viewpoint but the method was not going to help the situation. I work in marketing/PR also and it's basically rule number one, don't yell at/insult your client base.

Luckily the mod team here is very professional towards the forum members and I never usually see anything but respect from you guys, even if it's not always returned to you. I still think it's a great place for the most part. Sure some people overstep the mark but that's the same of any larger club or social group.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

gazzaab wrote:I had second thoughts on doing this because of some of the people here. But im not a liar. All i know is this will be the last time i do something like this on these boards. Here you go.
Thank you for posting! Very good of you to share.

Really hope you aren't deterred by the hostility you felt in response to the thread. I'm sure you originally posted with good intentions, and sometimes folks' eagerness for new AB material can come off as impatient/unappreciative. We're glad to have you here.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Crumbso wrote:Plus, asking people nicely to not do something is wholly different from the VERY accusative tone taken by certain factions in those discussions.
Well, the thing is was that Tim Tournier did ask the mods to ask the posters to not discuss about the contents of the leaks of Dust yet. However, it was probably the mods removing the posts regarding that discussion that irked posters and then it spread like wildfire and got heated pretty fast.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Ryan wrote:
Crumbso wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Crumbso wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:

Back OT
Not dense at all man. A lot of fans and others have mentioned that they don't like visiting here anymore due to the way they're treated and people act. This place used to be huge and buzzing all the time. Granted social media has gotten a lot more prevelant than when this site started, but I'd say there's probably less than 15-20 folks that regularly chat on here anymore.
Like I said in the other thread, this is something that goes for all message boards. Compared to other message boards this place is like Canada.

People are always going to complain, especially on the internet. The moment you make a big deal out of it, it becomes a big deal, and usually those are the moments where negative vibes are created. Especially when "important" people like Dan or Michael make a big deal out of it (even if they are the most amazing people in the world). Those people can really divide a group of people. Back when Dan used to visit this board people didn't agree with things he said and Dan got all annoyed and started arguing with us. Were those people wrong to stand up to Dan? No, because three years later the box set project is still a disaster. Pretty much everyone agrees with that now, but back then there were a lot of people who were really upset that people were complaining about it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

^^^

I was definitely one of those people that stood up to Dan. One of the most outspoken/

If this is what you are citing, then no. You are 100% wrong. I've fucked up on this board before, but I'll be damned if someone tells me how to react after losing out on $250. Especially when the responses that I received from customer service were as condescending, reprehensible, unprofessional, and disrespectful as they were. I'm a law student with 50,000 dollars in debt. I spent 250 dollars that I didn't currently have on something that I figured would be a "once in a lifetime" product. I never received that product a year and a half after I ordered it, so I let him know how I feel.

I've never said anything to or about Tim before (or about Dust for that matter) so if that's what its about, idk enough about that to make an opinion.

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

gazzaab wrote:I dont get anything out of it, however i paid over $1100 for these,
Thats your own stupid ass fault. Sorry but you chose to waste $1100 on paper.

dFhimz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by dFhimz »

Kreuger33 wrote:
gazzaab wrote:I dont get anything out of it, however i paid over $1100 for these,
Thats your own stupid ass fault. Sorry but you chose to waste $1100 on paper.
Woah there bud, giving us Canadians a bad name! I will do my duty as Canadian and apologize on your behalf :peace

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

not gonna lie, if I had the opportunity it would seem like a pretty cool thing to own. I'm not sure 1100 dollars cool... but cool nonetheless