Alter Bridge 2016/17 Charts & Polls

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Alter Bridge 2016/17 Charts & Polls

Post by The Plotblocker »

Andy92 wrote:Glad to see AB/Tremonti do well. Spit Out The Bone was worthy of the #1 song spot. Almost can't believe Metallica still had that in them lol.
Really do not get all the hype over this song. Just sounds like a Load song sped up slightly. For me it is one of the worst on the album, 2nd only to the weak as fuck ManUNkind.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Loudwire has been always kind to AB. They give them good positive coverage. Won loudwire cage matches, music video polls, Mark won guitarist of the year, Myles won vocalist of the year numerous times. I do want them to win album of the year and they are in good shape to do so.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, about less than 12 hours to go before the Loudwire Awards polls close and AB's got a solid lead for three awards. Best Rock album, song, and band. I don't think Mark or Myles is going to win best guitarist/vocalist due to the GNR nostalgia tour buzz, but that's whatever. I rather have AB win as a band in these polls anyway rather than in a single guy winning their category to really show that the strength of AB is really as a band rather than being carried by one guy. It's all for good promotion buzz anyway, which as I stated before, Loudwire has always been very good in delivering good press for AB.

http://loudwire.com/vote-best-rock-albu ... ic-awards/

http://loudwire.com/vote-best-rock-song ... ic-awards/

http://loudwire.com/vote-best-rock-band ... ic-awards/

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Huzzah! Won three of those. They lost a lot of these awards during Fortress (with the exception of vocalist of the year). Lost album of the year (to Skillet's Rise, my second favorite album of that year), guitarist of the year (to Synyster Gates of A7X), song of the year (again to A7X), and band of the year (to you guess it). So to win three of these on the back of The Last Hero, feels good, man.

http://loudwire.com/alter-bridge-win-be ... ic-awards/

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

It's nice they got some recognition for TLH. Although, if my opinion and these forums are any indication - TLH is their weakest CD. Perhaps they are gaining more fans.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Looks like My Champion is the next radio single, just moved onto the chart at 38 - http://fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=255613

(Apologies if I've missed this news posted elsewhere)
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Jumped 10 spots compared to last week.

38 28 ALTER BRIDGE My Champion Alter Bridge Recording 293 190 103

Still got a long way to go though to hit top 5. Need roughly 1,200-1,300 more plays in a week to get there. My Champion should have a better shot of doing well compared to Show Me A Leader.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, over the few weeks, My Champion has shown up on Loudwire's cage match and the song has won against some stiff competition with the singles of Rise Against, Volbeat, and A7X. Now the track is one more win away from going five in a row and they are up against Stone Sour's Song #3.

http://loudwire.com/alter-bridge-vs-sto ... age-match/

This might be tough to win. Stone Sour is a more well-known band and Song #3 is actually pretty darn great to me.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Well, I'd say Rise Against, Volbeat and A7X are even more known than Stone Sour lol.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, then. Once again, Mark and Myles has been nominated in their respective categories for the Loudwire Awards. You guys know what to do.

http://loudwire.com/vote-best-vocalist- ... ic-awards/

http://loudwire.com/vote-best-guitarist ... ic-awards/

On a side note, AB was not nominated in anything else, but they won the important polls in last year's awards (Best band, best song, album of the year). Also, I like their chances of winning this year since there's going to be no GNR BS.

One minor grip though. For the guitarist of the year awards, the nominees got Synyster Gates & Zacky Vengeance from Avenged Sevenfold together, Brent Hinds & Bill Kelliher from Mastodon, Dave Mustaine & Kiko Loureiro from Megadeth together. You would think they would have put Mark and Myles together for AB as well, but Mark is alone in this one.

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

we're going to have to vote really hard for Myles to beat out Corey Taylor. He is extremely popular for some reason. Myles is light years ahead of him vocally, but Corey's following is loyal.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

PRS10Top wrote:we're going to have to vote really hard for Myles to beat out Corey Taylor. He is extremely popular for some reason. Myles is light years ahead of him vocally, but Corey's following is loyal.
Stylistic preferences...Taylor has a 4-5 octave vocal range himself, he just doesn't utilize it as much. I like the tone of his voice personally. I get why people don't like the screaming stuff in Slipknot but again, stylistic preferences.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

Andy92 wrote:
PRS10Top wrote:we're going to have to vote really hard for Myles to beat out Corey Taylor. He is extremely popular for some reason. Myles is light years ahead of him vocally, but Corey's following is loyal.
Stylistic preferences...Taylor has a 4-5 octave vocal range himself, he just doesn't utilize it as much. I like the tone of his voice personally. I get why people don't like the screaming stuff in Slipknot but again, stylistic preferences.
honestly, I respect the guy musically as I know he is a hell of a songwriter. His personality turns me off. He just comes across as a cocky, know it all type who thinks he is holier than thou. Just my opinion, though.

AB, in contrast, couldn't be more down to earth.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

PRS10Top wrote:
Andy92 wrote:
honestly, I respect the guy musically as I know he is a hell of a songwriter. His personality turns me off. He just comes across as a cocky, know it all type who thinks he is holier than thou. Just my opinion, though.

Well you had specifically said Myles was light years ahead of him vocally, which is why I argued the point of it coming down to preference. Attitude is a whole other thing.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

Andy92 wrote:
PRS10Top wrote:
Andy92 wrote:

Well you had specifically said Myles was light years ahead of him vocally, which is why I argued the point of it coming down to preference. Attitude is a whole other thing.
Yeah, I still stand by my point of Myles being ahead of him vocally, but think Corey is decent at songwriting.

Either way, I kind of passed over Chester being in the poll. My guess is that he will take it.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out given the ongoing results aren't displayed during the voting period. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that data has always been exposed in past polls.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

abw1987 wrote:It will be interesting to see how this shakes out given the ongoing results aren't displayed during the voting period. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that data has always been exposed in past polls.
For the year end awards they have, but this is for an awards show. No results because of course they want people to watch to find out who wins.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Gotcha – just means we have to assume the worst and vote as often as possible then!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I'm voting for MK, of course. Corey Taylor is pretty meh for me, but it's hard to pass over Bruce Dickinson. I will throw some votes his way during all of this.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die