Alter Bridge 2016/17 Charts & Polls

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Alter Bridge 2016/17 Charts & Polls

Post by Felypesh »

Made this topic to put all the new polls, contests and charts that Alter Bridge is involved in this new period of The Last Hero.

http://fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=255613

Show Me a Leader is currently 38# on the active rock charts :cheers

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Alter Bridge 2016/17 Charts & Polls

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, let's cracking. I figured if Show Me A Leader hits, at least, top 5 on active rock, it's a success. To do so, they need at least 1300-1400 plays in a week to do so. Around 1900-2000 for it to hit #1. Pretty daunting task if you ask me, but it can happen. How fast it will happen remains to be seen.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I still don't understand the methodology for ranking. Yes, you can call in to request a track be played, but I've gotta figure that makes up a small percentage for every single track on the top 40 list at best. So that means they have their own ranking methodology. It sounded like Tim T mentioned something about it in a post a while back, I might have misunderstood him but I could swear I remember him saying it had something to do with money?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

He did mention about money costs where to get a top 5 hit on active rock, it costs around $100,000, but wouldn't that be payola and isn't that illegal in radio?

Here's what he stated.
AB are from another time when radio hits could be afforded by labels but these days a top 5 hit costs $100,000

http://www.thealterbridgenation.com/for ... 3&p=167761

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Maybe he meant it's an indirect cost in terms of marketing fees? I wouldn't be surprised if it was straight up dollars though. Idk, I've always felt something was off about the system when I turn the top 40 stations on for pop and they're still playing the same songs 18 months later.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Paying off radio is illegal but I've heard it's pretty much how the system works.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Fish Tacos wrote:Maybe he meant it's an indirect cost in terms of marketing fees? I wouldn't be surprised if it was straight up dollars though. Idk, I've always felt something was off about the system when I turn the top 40 stations on for pop and they're still playing the same songs 18 months later.
I don't know, why don't you ask him if he's around here. Oh wait.............................. :shifty :shifty :shifty :shifty :shifty :shifty :shifty :shifty :shifty :shifty
Andy92 wrote:Paying off radio is illegal but I've heard it's pretty much how the system works.
Arghhh, AB is so screwed then. They aren't really the kind of band that are the radio darlings like Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin, and Three Days Grace. I mean one of the few radio host guys that legit supports AB is Eddie Trunk and he's somewhat of a polarizing figure as it is.

Maybe, they can get lucky and still get top 5 in Active Rock. They haven't not hit top 5 in Active Rock in their first single of an album yet, and I don't see why they should start now.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

anguyen92 wrote:
Fish Tacos wrote:Maybe he meant it's an indirect cost in terms of marketing fees? I wouldn't be surprised if it was straight up dollars though. Idk, I've always felt something was off about the system when I turn the top 40 stations on for pop and they're still playing the same songs 18 months later.
I don't know, why don't you ask him if he's around here. Oh wait.............................. :shifty :shifty :shifty :shifty :shifty :shifty :shifty :shifty :shifty :shifty
Why are you so shifty, Kevin?! :headscratch

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It is because Tim hasn't been to these forums since we (the forum, not me mainly, I was on his side) had that big argument about Dust leaking a few days before the release.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

anguyen92 wrote:It is because Tim hasn't been to these forums since we (the forum, not me mainly, I was on his side) had that big argument about Dust leaking a few days before the release.
It says July 22nd was his last logged-in visit and I'm pretty sure they weren't still arguing about it then. Who knows if he's visited as a guest either. But Tacos could still ask Tim pretty much anything on here or his FB I'm sure.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

What I don't like about that, is if you click the song name it shows what stations are currently spinning the track. There's no LA area stations on that list. Kevin, we've got some work cut out for us.

Gonna email some stations tomorrow. About to go to bed now.
Photobucket cash grab.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ryan wrote:What I don't like about that, is if you click the song name it shows what stations are currently spinning the track. There's no LA area stations on that list. Kevin, we've got some work cut out for us.

I wonder if Id get any luck trying to request it on my local Canadian station..... Probably not. Canada likes to play shit hipster indie rock usually.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Saw where the single made #10 on Octane's countdown for this week. Sign up and vote for that in their Airforce too.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ryan wrote:What I don't like about that, is if you click the song name it shows what stations are currently spinning the track. There's no LA area stations on that list. Kevin, we've got some work cut out for us.

All right, so what radio stations should we contact in our area then?

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

anguyen92 wrote:

All right, so what radio stations should we contact in our area then?
KROQ for sure. They used to play Creed and played AB a bit when ODR just dropped. Maybe 98.7...100.3...95.5. Not really sure who else would suit them or rock in general.
Photobucket cash grab.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

I wonder if Id get any luck trying to request it on my local Canadian station..... Probably not. Canada likes to play shit hipster indie rock usually.
Worth a shot man. They won't know people are interested if they never hear about them from listeners. Try emailing the program director or whoever is in charge of the play lists. Don't just email in a song request. Try to open a dialogue with the person in charge of play lists by asking questions about how to get AB on radio. Or if they could give AB a personal listen and see what they think or if they could get a few spins to give them a shot on air...like if there are any new music spots they do, they could drop AB in there a few times.

That's what I was gonna try.
Photobucket cash grab.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ryan wrote: KROQ for sure. They used to play Creed and played AB a bit when ODR just dropped. Maybe 98.7...100.3...95.5. Not really sure who else would suit them or rock in general.
Hmmmm, KROQ might be questionable. I've been listening to that station from time to time and the big rock acts they got, atm, are Foo Fighters, Blink 182, RHCP, and Linkin Park....... and some pretty soft indie sounding stuff. AB would certainly look like freaks that could scare people with a song like Show Me A Leader. But hey, worth a try that station and other stations.

What stations in SoCal would play stuff from like Disturbed or Korn or Breaking Benjamin?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Local stations around here have numbers for call in requests. I remember getting Isolation played once here by requesting it over the phone.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

anguyen92 wrote:
Ryan wrote: KROQ for sure. They used to play Creed and played AB a bit when ODR just dropped. Maybe 98.7...100.3...95.5. Not really sure who else would suit them or rock in general.
Hmmmm, KROQ might be questionable. I've been listening to that station from time to time and the big rock acts they got, atm, are Foo Fighters, Blink 182, RHCP, and Linkin Park....... and some pretty soft indie sounding stuff. AB would certainly look like freaks that could scare people with a song like Show Me A Leader. But hey, worth a try that station and other stations.

What stations in SoCal would play stuff from like Disturbed or Korn or Breaking Benjamin?
KROQ :lol they have their core play list, but they play that other stuff too. 3 Doors Down just played, they play Metallica and stuff too.
Photobucket cash grab.

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

It seems rock radio stations these days are a bit of a joke. The Minneapolis station 93x, I would bet over half the songs they play are from the 90's. Don't get me wrong, I love the 90's rock music but why do they play 20 year old rock music so much? Is it because of the unbelievably sad state of rock music these days (in the US), or is that just what people want to hear? In the 90's if you were playing 20 year old music, you were an oldies or a classic rock station.

Then again, honestly I cannot think of one single rock/metal band that I like that has formed in the past 10 years. But that could be because every time I turn on the radio all I hear is Nirvana, Bush, and Metallica.