"Show Me a Leader" discussion

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB23 wrote:shea you're a doll thx
You're welcome :)

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I like the song but the chorus is really the weakest thing about it. It's kinda monotone. It's repetitive, which is the nature of a chorus, but it's not staying as fun to listen to as it was the first couple times.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

nagpo wrote:I like the song but the chorus is really the weakest thing about it. It's kinda monotone. It's repetitive, which is the nature of a chorus, but it's not staying as fun to listen to as it was the first couple times.
Ya the chorus is pretty mad imo. The pause just makes me cringe.

And the overlap of Myles voice.. sounds almost like Todd Kerns is in the background at points. Like why in the absolute fuck.?? Either let Mark do it, or let Myles voice do what Myles voice do and be good by itself

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB23 wrote:And the overlap of Myles voice.. sounds almost like Todd Kerns is in the background at points.
Song ruined :lol Didn't think it could sound anymore like SMKC until I read that.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

mitch103 wrote:
ToNsOFuN88 wrote:Just get Mexico to pay for it. Apparently they are going to pay for a wall for us here in the states, so why not? :lol
Not trying to get off topic here but Im picturing Trump walking on stage to this song haha. And it looks kind of badass In my head :headbang
Right. I'm picturing him walking in slow motion. Hairpiece flapping in the wind, like a bald eagle soaring through the sky. Murica. :lol :lol :lol . All jokes aside, I legitimately thought to myself today "If Trump tries to use this song, so help me..."

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Its funny you mention Trump positively with this song when this is 99% more than likely the person that the song is about

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

It's growing on me too actually but off topic I've been addicted to acoustic Richard Marx recently he's an awesome singer and songwriter

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

AB23 wrote:Its funny you mention Trump positively with this song when this is 99% more than likely the person that the song is about
It's possible, but I think it might be aimed towards the lack of leaders right now in general. Show Me A Leader seems to suggest a true leader hasn't been shown at this point...regardless of who it is.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Andy92 wrote:
AB23 wrote:Its funny you mention Trump positively with this song when this is 99% more than likely the person that the song is about
It's possible, but I think it might be aimed towards the lack of leaders right now in general. Show Me A Leader seems to suggest a true leader hasn't been shown at this point...regardless of who it is.
I thought they said that they wrote the song while watching the primaries.

So while they made the lyrics vague enough so that we can interpret it differently, I'm almost positive its about Trump haha

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

AB23 wrote:
Andy92 wrote:
I thought they said that they wrote the song while watching the primaries.

So while they made the lyrics vague enough so that we can interpret it differently, I'm almost positive its about Trump haha
And that's very well possible, I guess I just read into it a little differently. It's not calling out a specific person. But as you said, could just be vague enough to not start a mess.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Ya the listening party video I believe they said the primaries inspired SMAL. And I mean one can only assume he's talking about Trump haha especially with as much as he speaks about division in the song.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AB23 wrote:Ya the listening party video I believe they said the primaries inspired SMAL. And I mean one can only assume he's talking about Trump haha especially with as much as he speaks about division in the song.
For all we know, if say 5-10 years later, and we look back and listen to this song, we could easily refer it to the next candidates of the election as well. Not just Trump and Clinton. Ahhh, the beauty of an AB song. Just vague enough where it does not sound dated when they created it and it ages well in time.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Ya they do a great job at that. If you hadn't seen that interview (or read the other ones), you could apply that song to just about anything. Its clear though, after seeing the interview, who its probably about.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

I sided more with Andy about a leader who has yet to appear, which would mean it's saying none of the candidates are very good.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

None of the candidates (the two) ARE very good, indeed.

But judging on Myles' political ideologies, I think its safe to say he's directly referring to someone in the GOP. So we can use our imagination to infer who he is writing about ;)

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

That was sarcasm my friend. Trump is no friend of mine. You might be referring to the other person talking about Trump though.
Last edited by ToNsOFuN88 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I was, haha.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

I thought so, just wanted to keep my name as far away from his as possible lol.

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Downloaded and pre ordered via iTunes UK, the previews of the rest of the songs aren't able to be previewed though!

The iTunes quality is waaaaaay better than the streams earlier!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

benjoAB wrote:Downloaded and pre ordered via iTunes UK, the previews of the rest of the songs aren't able to be previewed though!

The iTunes quality is waaaaaay better than the streams earlier!
is it the single version or the full version?