"Show Me a Leader" discussion

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 3467
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Postby Ubik » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:59 pm

The thing I like about that break in the chorus is that previously, you'd have expected to put it in the final chorus, with all the rest having the clean version. Switching that around is cool, particularly on the single choice.

Definitely get an Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad during the trilling in the intro, as well.
In another life
In another place...

User avatar
alterchris
TABN.com Citizen
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:22 pm
Location: U.S.A.

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Postby alterchris » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:03 pm

Me likey!!!!

It does have a Slashesque feel in parts of the song, but the chorus is absolutely killer. I can't wait to hear this thing live
Image

ToNsOFuN88
Loyal Follower
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Postby ToNsOFuN88 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:11 pm

Another thing I love is the very end of Mark's solo. It follows up scale along with those chorus staccato chords, and ends on that very nice vibrato. Love it.

User avatar
Nilso
Brand New Start
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:08 pm
Location: Somewhere in neverland

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Postby Nilso » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:17 pm

damn, i think i broke the replay button :D
Bring it

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8112
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:21 pm

According to Michael the clean intro guitar is Myles. The whole lead part from 0:00 to 1:20 is Myles while Mark is doing background stuff until 1:20

Thought that would have been Mark doing the clean stuff instead.
Image

User avatar
Dan Dando
On The Rail
Posts: 1150
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:39 am
Location: Wales, UK.

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Postby Dan Dando » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:23 pm

austinjhnsn wrote:I dont even mind the No oh oh's, its actually kinda cool

I wonder if Mark could have sang those parts. I worry that Myles won't put his all into those parts in a live setting, perhaps opting to just sing the lines that follow on. I dunno though. Other than that, cool tune!

User avatar
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle
Posts: 16013
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Belgium シ

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Postby Timotheus » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:25 pm

Dan Dando wrote:
austinjhnsn wrote:I dont even mind the No oh oh's, its actually kinda cool

I wonder if Mark could have sang those parts. I worry that Myles won't put his all into those parts in a live setting, perhaps opting to just sing the lines that follow on. I dunno though. Other than that, cool tune!

Yea, they could've made that a lot bigger. Not saying they should've gone all 30 Seconds To Mars on it, but at least a harmony from Mark would've been nice.
Image

poshisjarker
White Knuckled
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Postby poshisjarker » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:35 pm

Ubik wrote:The thing I like about that break in the chorus is that previously, you'd have expected to put it in the final chorus, with all the rest having the clean version. Switching that around is cool, particularly on the single choice.


great point
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

User avatar
gbruin
MEGLADONG
Posts: 6513
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Postby gbruin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:55 pm

Image

There are our boys as the top trending topic on the entire Facebook.

I just clicked to the link and liked every post on the page to keep it going.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

MuffinMcFluffin
TABN.com Citizen
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:05 am
Location: San Bruno, CA
Contact:

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Postby MuffinMcFluffin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:55 pm

Yeah, full version is a lot better. It's like watching the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice theatrical version versus the ultimate edition haha.

Even still, not my favorite AB songs by any means. I liked Addicted to Pain a lot, actually. Not big on Isolation or Rise Today, by to each his/her own.

benjoAB
White Knuckled
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Postby benjoAB » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:57 pm

gbruin wrote:Image

There are our boys as the top trending topic on the entire Facebook.

I just clicked to the link and liked every post on the page to keep it going.


Did the same lol even ones I couldn't like I shared!

User avatar
AB23
Still Remains
Posts: 7662
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:04 am
Location: I honestly don't know

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Postby AB23 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:58 pm

everyone should try and contribute to keep it going if they can
Image

benjoAB
White Knuckled
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Postby benjoAB » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:59 pm

Can't find the full version! Guess I can wait until tomorrow to buy it, hope it's the full version on UK iTunes, I've seen the full version on YouTube but it's not allowed in my country!

User avatar
gbruin
MEGLADONG
Posts: 6513
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO

Well, yeah, I'm totally being that guy

Postby gbruin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:01 pm

Not to be that guy but...

I TOLD you all it would be amazing when you hear it with the intro and it becomes an AB song!

Can't wait to get the whole song! I have about 12 hours of plane flights tomorrow. That's 144 consecutive plays of Show Me A Leader - plus a few more during the layover.

:rockon
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Troops4Tremonti
Bought The CDs
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Postby Troops4Tremonti » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:05 pm

Ehh it's okay. I like the way it starts so I can at least reward this album a good opening, extending Mark's streak to 12 albums with a good/great opening :)

The verses are good, the chorus is not and the solo is too familiar. There's your candid review, short and to the point. lol

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 3467
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Well, yeah, I'm totally being that guy

Postby Ubik » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:28 pm

gbruin wrote:Not to be that guy but...

I TOLD you all it would be amazing when you hear it with the intro and it becomes an AB song!

Can't wait to get the whole song! I have about 12 hours of plane flights tomorrow. That's 144 consecutive plays of Show Me A Leader - plus a few more during the layover.

:rockon

Air guitar during the flights please.
In another life
In another place...

User avatar
Dan Dando
On The Rail
Posts: 1150
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:39 am
Location: Wales, UK.

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Postby Dan Dando » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:50 pm

Troops4Tremonti wrote:Ehh it's okay. I like the way it starts so I can at least reward this album a good opening, extending Mark's streak to 12 albums with a good/great opening :)

The verses are good, the chorus is not and the solo is too familiar. There's your candid review, short and to the point. lol

Will be intrigued to read your thoughts on the album as a whole when it's out. Noticed you rank Creed's 'Full Circle' higher than anything AB or Tremonti has done over the past six years.

poshisjarker
White Knuckled
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Postby poshisjarker » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:08 pm

Dan Dando wrote:
Troops4Tremonti wrote:Ehh it's okay. I like the way it starts so I can at least reward this album a good opening, extending Mark's streak to 12 albums with a good/great opening :)

The verses are good, the chorus is not and the solo is too familiar. There's your candid review, short and to the point. lol

Will be intrigued to read your thoughts on the album as a whole when it's out. Noticed you rank Creed's 'Full Circle' higher than anything AB or Tremonti has done over the past six years.


holy crap what :wtf
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

User avatar
Dolo
On The Rail
Posts: 1682
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:51 pm
Location: Lublin, Poland

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Postby Dolo » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:10 pm

The song feels 3 times faster after 3 pints. Weird.

poshisjarker
White Knuckled
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: "Show Me a Leader" discussion

Postby poshisjarker » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:10 pm

sorry no disrespect...that just took me by surprise. that's about the rarest opinion regarding AB/Creed etc i've ever heard. kudos, cause you definitely walk your own line. i can appreciate that
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"


Return to “Alter Bridge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AB4Lyfe and 3 guests