Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, they did it. They played Show Me A Leader for the first time live. Here's a youtube clip. All of it is not there, but it did sound like they did included the intro.

I think the pre-chorus "No's" sounded better here live than the actual studio version (with the Myles self-backing vocals).

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

anguyen92 wrote:All right, they did it. They played Show Me A Leader for the first time live. Here's a youtube clip. All of it is not there, but it did sound like they did included the intro.

I think the pre-chorus "No's" sounded better here live than the actual studio version (with the Myles self-backing vocals).

Man i can't agree even slightly about the 'no's' album version is light years better but thanks for putting this up sounds great live

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

Oh shit, it sounds preeeeeeetty good live, Im satisfied :)

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

So I was there.
They did the intro as a playback track until the first drum hit. The rest is live. Which is what I suspected they would do.
It sounded fucking awesome.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Raven wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:All right, they did it. They played Show Me A Leader for the first time live. Here's a youtube clip. All of it is not there, but it did sound like they did included the intro.

Man i can't agree even slightly about the 'no's' album version is light years better but thanks for putting this up sounds great live
I'm absolutely with you on that, the live 'No's really suck. But apart from that, the song is great live. Can't wait to see it in November!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I think the live no's sound pretty good. I didn't really like the high overdub in the studio version. Even with the passive crowd you could hear people singing along in this video. I think it will sound even better with a decent crowd.

Pretty awesome live song!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

Timotheus wrote:I think the live no's sound pretty good. I didn't really like the high overdub in the studio version. Even with the passive crowd you could hear people singing along in this video. I think it will sound even better with a decent crowd.

Pretty awesome live song!

When AB frontline to their own crowd where the crowd will really chant the 'no's' then that will be badass i just love the notes Myles hits on the 'no's' on the album version

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

They could let Mark do the lower harmony (which Myles is doing right now) and Myles the higher one. But I think the song is exhausting enough as it is already for Myles. Not a lot of breathing space and generally pretty high.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Good performance in I think, specially for a first time. It sounds really tough on Myles vocally though, there's so much going on with no room for breathing.

I prefer this song live to the studio version. The mix of the studio one just totally buries all the rythnm guitars.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

WOW! I know there's some akwardness with the "No's" but that was to be expected and honestly I thought it'd be worse. I think this sounds fantastic, especially for it being the first time they're playing it live. Mark needs to practice his harmonies more because that's one of my favorite things about the studio version, and hopefully as he gets more comfortable he stops using the wah pedal throughout the solo. One more shout out to Flip for some really interesting drum work that I didn't appreciate before.

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

Timotheus wrote:They could let Mark do the lower harmony (which Myles is doing right now) and Myles the higher one. But I think the song is exhausting enough as it is already for Myles. Not a lot of breathing space and generally pretty high.
I can agree with this i really like Mark's voice and like their guitar playing i think their voices in unison compliment each other well

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Raven wrote:
Timotheus wrote:They could let Mark do the lower harmony (which Myles is doing right now) and Myles the higher one. But I think the song is exhausting enough as it is already for Myles. Not a lot of breathing space and generally pretty high.
I can agree with this i really like Mark's voice and like their guitar playing i think their voices in unison compliment each other well
I always thought that's what they should do for the opening vocal section on CoA too. It's weird Myles always picks the lower harmony in these situations because, to me at least, that's not the one that leads in the studio versions.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

That rocked! I'm very impressed by the tightness of the performance. That intro is killer live!

Shame the crowd was so dead. But it would've been nice for the first video to depict a warmer reception. Hopefully that will change once the single starts to pick up more airplay. At least some folks sang along with the "No" sections, and you could see some of the die-hards jumping around in the front.

Of course the vocals are a little rough in spots, particularly in the verses, which is understandable given how the melody is really all over the vocal register. I do hope they can work out some harmonies on the "No" parts, as it's a bit lacking just having Myles sing the main melody. And I'd suggest Myles skip the third "No" in each run, since he has to cut it off early to sing the subsequent lyric anyway.

Anyway this is all to be expected for a debut performance. The guys will quickly get comfortable with the song and figure out all the nuances of how to translate their parts into the live setting. Really glad they've finally played it!

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

I'm hoping for a full perfomance video and hopefully horizontally :lol

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Did Mark use a 6 or 7 string? Couldn't tell.

I thought it went very well!

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Setlist
Addicted to Pain
Come to Life
Farther Than the Sun
Before Tomorrow Comes
White Knuckles
Coeur D'Alene
Metalingus
Brand New Start
Cry of Achilles
Bleed It Dry
Waters Rising
Ghost of Days Gone By
Blackbird
Watch Over You
Rise Today
Encore:
Show Me a Leader
(First time played live)
Open Your Eyes

A. First time for SMAL
B. Bleed It Dry AND Coeur D'Alene!
C. No Rise Today?

Can anyone confirm the set?

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Felypesh wrote:
Seems like Mark is using a PRS SE 7 string, very cool.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Setlist
Addicted to Pain
Come to Life
Farther Than the Sun
Before Tomorrow Comes
White Knuckles
Coeur D'Alene
Metalingus
Brand New Start
Cry of Achilles
Bleed It Dry
Waters Rising
Ghost of Days Gone By
Blackbird
Watch Over You
Rise Today

Encore:
Show Me a Leader
(First time played live)
Open Your Eyes

A. First time for SMAL
B. Bleed It Dry AND Coeur D'Alene!
C. No Rise Today?

Can anyone confirm the set?
Rise Today looked to be closer of the normal set, Open Your Eyes looked to be in the encore as should it always be.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

5 Fortress songs and SMAL is pretty nice.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.