Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

Post by fix »

I'm still slightly concerned by the 'feece' and 'awee' thing though...

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

Mr. Slash wrote:My heart is bleeding everytime I see these vids. You can barely see the band, because they start playing so early and then nobody really seems to care about them. I don't know if this tour with Disturbed and BB was a great idea. AB seems like the 5th wheel in this.
Yea, it kinda sucks especially when everyone here is used to seeing them either co headline or be the main attraction. Kind of humbling if you ask me but yea, it hurts to see the crowds not be as amped up or attentive. I think one of the issues is BB being on this tour. I don't understand how BB and Disturbed mix. I guess my bigger point is, it's attracting a lot of BB fans and their style is pretty far from AB and Disturbed. They're borderline soft hard rock. I'm also going to say this again, I wish Saint Asonia wasn't on the bill.

vChris
White Knuckled

Post by vChris »

anguyen92 wrote: Which goes back to another question I asked a few days back.
All right, as for the dead crowd, let's see it this way. Let's be real honest. For the UK and Europe shows, how did the overall crowd reacted to bands like Halestorm, Black Stone Cherry, and Shinedown and the likes when Alter Bridge was in the headlining slot? Most likely, it would probably be similar to what we saw in the videos of AB's set. The crowd would try to feign interest, maybe get the hands together if they asked for it, politely applaud at the end of the song, etc.
Well, I have only seen Halestorm and Black Stone Cherry as support in Munich.
Especially Halestorm got a really positive reaction. Black Stone Cherry is so long ago that I don't remember properly. But from what I do remember people were definitely not as desinterested compared to those vids.
I wish there was an alternative to the Zenith in Munich. The sound gets progressively worse in the back :/

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Hmmm, in that case, I wonder what would have happened if this tour took place in arenas as opposed to amphitheaters? When I'm thinking amphitheaters, I'm thinking with the outdoors and all, depending on the line-up and music, people seem to be a bit too casual. Just find a place at the lawn, talk among people while the opening bands are playing, and go crazy when the main attractions are on. Would the same occur, if it took place in arenas instead?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I think so. Halestorm is also a really entertaining band live. If Flip would do a drum solo like that, and somebody would be filming close to the front you'd get a similar video (not saying he should).

When I saw them, I don't remember the crowd being overly exciting though. I remember being the only one in my area that knew the lyrics to some songs.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

On the other hand, the other big summer US tour on the top of my head right now that revolves around relatively "modern" rock bands is the Slipknot/Marilyn Manson tour.

If I had to choose between that bill and the bill AB is currently on, I would prefer the Breaking Benjamin/Disturbed bill. Those Slipknot fans may be pretty brutal if they do not like what they see.

nickgordon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by nickgordon »

Anybody wager a guess at what the setlist tomorrow night for the headline show will be? Moved to michigan just in time for a headlining gig!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I was going to go see a show on this tour, but opted out for some of these reasons. I don't want some weird disturbed fans telling me to sit down during ab's set. I also watched a video of BB at rock am ring, and it's just not impressive. The guitarist they brought in from Adelitas Way sung all of Sooner or later, and did it better than Ben.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

nickgordon wrote:Anybody wager a guess at what the setlist tomorrow night for the headline show will be? Moved to michigan just in time for a headlining gig!
If I had to guess, it would probably be something like this.

Come to Life
Farther Than the Sun
Before Tomorrow Comes
Bleed It Dry
Metalingus
Ghost of Days Gone By
Addicted to Pain
Find the Real
Waters Rising
Broken Wings
Ties That Bind
Blackbird
Watch Over You
Open Your Eyes

Cry of Achilles
Isolation
Rise Today

What I'm really hoping for, to be honest, is just a little teaser of the new album. It doesn't have to be a new song (although it is always appreciated if they do play a new song). Something like Mark and Myles playing a small riff off of it and mentions something like "I think this part is in the new album. Could be our lead single. ;) "

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

anguyen92 wrote:What I'm really hoping for, to be honest, is just a little teaser of the new album. It doesn't have to be a new song (although it is always appreciated if they do play a new song). Something like Mark and Myles playing a small riff off of it and mentions something like "I think this part is in the new album. Could be our lead single. ;) "
This so much. Bands do this all the time. I can imagine that they're dying to play some of the new stuff.

If the band's reading this: Pretty please?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

vChris
White Knuckled

Post by vChris »

Timotheus wrote: When I saw them, I don't remember the crowd being overly exciting though. I remember being the only one in my area that knew the lyrics to some songs.
Knowing the lyrics means knowing the band to an extend. I wouldn't expect that with support bands.

But you are right, it is not always the same and often enough people aren't really interested in the support band. Because the music is unknown, the show becomes important.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

One Drew Remains wrote:I was going to go see a show on this tour, but opted out for some of these reasons. I don't want some weird disturbed fans telling me to sit down during ab's set. I also watched a video of BB at rock am ring, and it's just not impressive. The guitarist they brought in from Adelitas Way sung all of Sooner or later, and did it better than Ben.
I always think vocalists tend to sound better in person than they do when the audio comes from the sound board, so I tend to give singers the benefit of the doubt. I saw BB in November and they were awesome, and I'm sure if I watched YouTube videos from that night, Ben's voice would probably sound worse than it did in person. But I know what you mean because that guitarist sang Break at that show and he ripped it lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

mycarhasabs wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:My heart is bleeding everytime I see these vids. You can barely see the band, because they start playing so early and then nobody really seems to care about them. I don't know if this tour with Disturbed and BB was a great idea. AB seems like the 5th wheel in this.
Yea, it kinda sucks especially when everyone here is used to seeing them either co headline or be the main attraction. Kind of humbling if you ask me but yea, it hurts to see the crowds not be as amped up or attentive. I think one of the issues is BB being on this tour. I don't understand how BB and Disturbed mix. I guess my bigger point is, it's attracting a lot of BB fans and their style is pretty far from AB and Disturbed. They're borderline soft hard rock. I'm also going to say this again, I wish Saint Asonia wasn't on the bill.
This will change when they come over to Europe.. Where they're appreciated on a large scale

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Think Ashlee mentioned that they played Writing on the Wall during soundcheck at the LP - maybe a sign? It's track 2, after all.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Never turn Awee and let it die! :lol

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Myles bro.. that's not english. Good lord someone inform him.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB23 wrote:Myles bro.. that's not english. Good lord someone inform him.
At least it was only awee this time :lol

Its not that easy to get a hold of him unfortunately. He's not nearly as active as Mark is with social media so good luck with that. And I doubt he'd pay any mind to "Myles I noticed you're not pronouncing certain words properly." Most likely he'll just ignore it.
Last edited by SHEAKENBAKEN on Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Well, maybe we can try to ask Mark about this? You think he thinks it is something that needs to be addressed? I'm not asking him that, I ask him enough of other stuff on Twitter.

As for the video, dang, Myles is sounding as well as he can be in a long, long time when playing in AB, and now this predicament occurs. WHY??????

It would be very interesting if this occurs in tomorrow's headlining show. If it doesn't, we can go ahead and blame that he has some weird problems hearing himself in amphitheaters as opposed to the smaller indoor venues.

youknowverywell
White Knuckled

Post by youknowverywell »

Myles is 46 years-old and sounding better than the majority of singers half his age and you guys want to Tweet at him or Mark asking why he isn't pronouncing one word correctly? Enjoy his performance and get over yourselves.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

One Drew Remains wrote:I also watched a video of BB at rock am ring, and it's just not impressive. The guitarist they brought in from Adelitas Way sung all of Sooner or later, and did it better than Ben.
Touring sucks, man. I seriously have no idea how ppl sing that many songs a night. I guess I'm kind of generalizing here tho.

One Drew Remains wrote:I don't want some weird disturbed fans telling me to sit down during ab's set.
What makes you think that would happen?