Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

Post by Mr. Slash »

Man, this is such a waste to let these guys play in front of such a lame crowd at such a bad time. Ofc they look kinda bored, still the musical part of their performance is pretty neat. Good that Myles dodges the challenging notes so he can save his power for the important part of his tour- Europe. :D

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

They definitely slowed it the fuck down though. Now they just need to work on the volume and getting Myles to work on his syllables.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Couldn't help but notice Disturbed's Dan Donegan watching from stage right on that CTL vid. Maybe he was watching how Mark ripped him off for Isolation, lol.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

One Drew Remains wrote:Couldn't help but notice Disturbed's Dan Donegan watching from stage right on that CTL vid. Maybe he was watching how Mark ripped him off for Isolation, lol.
Mark did what?! No way! He'd never!
AB4Lyfe wrote:Saw a live video of Come to Life from the performance yesterday. Myles just kinda looks...bored...
YOU TAKE THAT BACK, DUANE!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

He does look bored though :lol probably that stale crowd unfortunately. We'll see the energy in Grand Rapids in a few days ;)
Thanks Timo!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Well Mark does like kind of bored as well...

And yeah wtf Myles?! "Fly awee" :lol His pronunciation throughout the show was so weird, I wonder what it is? Was he just forgetting words and filling spaces? Couldn't hear his own voice so he didn't know what he said? Bored of saying the right word? IS HE JUST A HUMAN?! There's so many possibilities.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Bored of saying the right word?
That must be it, lol.

At first I thought it might've been because of the delay or some kind of sustain on his voice, but it pretty clear in several videos he just pronounces them differently. Singers sometimes change the vowel because some vowels are easier to sing, but of course it's not meant to sound like this.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Addicted To Pain

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Now all I am going to see when I look at Myles is boredom on his face. Thanks, Duane! You ruined him!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Ok yeah.. But can we talk about that PRS Myles is playing?!! That thing is gorgeous!
Thanks Timo!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

austinjhnsn wrote:Ok yeah.. But can we talk about that PRS Myles is playing?!! That thing is gorgeous!
It does look beautiful!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

austinjhnsn wrote:Ok yeah.. But can we talk about that PRS Myles is playing?!! That thing is gorgeous!
For real though... what a gorgeous color

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Myles is like I could be playing with Slash for people who give a shit lol

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

You guys are right, they do look pretty bored up there. It must be a stark contrast to the passion and enthusiasm they encountered in Orlando on Wednesday. It's early, most attendees haven't even arrived yet, those who have arrived are milling around and talking, it's still light out... not the best atmosphere for a rock performance.

As for the pronunciation, perhaps it's easier for Myles to hit the high notes using an "eee" sound rather than "aay" or "aah"? That or it's a confidence thing -- the audience is giving him nothing so he almost feels embarrassed singing the words he wrote.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AllC392Was wrote:Myles is like I could be playing with Slash for people who give a shit lol
Funny you think he thinks that way, since from what I've obseved, people looks like they care about hearing the gnr songs than anything else from slash's solo stuff

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

anguyen92 wrote:
AllC392Was wrote:Myles is like I could be playing with Slash for people who give a shit lol
Funny you think he thinks that way, since from what I've obseved, people looks like they care about hearing the gnr songs than anything else from slash's solo stuff
I mean, I would too.

Hypothetically speaking: If AB were to disband and get a new singer, I wouldn't much care for their new stuff. ODR and Blackbird got me fanatically interested in them, and that's what I want to hear live.

Which brings me to my next point. I don't care about their set, honestly. Sure, I'd love for some more Fortress/TLH stuff. But I just want to hear and see them live. I don't care if they stand up there and play White Knuckles 5 times in a row.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB23 wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:
I mean, I would too.

Hypothetically speaking: If AB were to disband and get a new singer, I wouldn't much care for their new stuff. ODR and Blackbird got me fanatically interested in them, and that's what I want to hear live.

Which brings me to my next point. I don't care about their set, honestly. Sure, I'd love for some more Fortress/TLH stuff. But I just want to hear and see them live. I don't care if they stand up there and play White Knuckles 5 times in a row.
I doubt they'd get a new singer. No Myles = No AB.

As long as they're all up there having fun it doesn't matter to me what they play, either. That's all I want for them.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Shea do you know what "hypothetical" means

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB23 wrote:Shea do you know what "hypothetical" means
Of course I do, silly! I'm just taking the Myles Kennedy approach and Denying it. :lol But I'd have to agree with you on that, probably. :)

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Shea I can't be upset at you you're just too cute