Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

Post by Blackbird »

chtimixeur wrote:It's fun to see them do those things with other bands. This reminds me of the good ol' Family Values days...
BUT I have to say this Saint Asonia band is horrible. And the Breaking Benajmin drummer sounds like an amateur. I'm totally unfamiliar with those 2 bands, but if that's the best the US rock scene has to offer, it's pretty sad. AB is just on another level.
Most rock bands can't compete with AB both musically and skill-wise. That said, I think that Saint Asonia make really horrible music.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Blackbird wrote:
chtimixeur wrote:It's fun to see them do those things with other bands. This reminds me of the good ol' Family Values days...
BUT I have to say this Saint Asonia band is horrible. And the Breaking Benajmin drummer sounds like an amateur. I'm totally unfamiliar with those 2 bands, but if that's the best the US rock scene has to offer, it's pretty sad. AB is just on another level.
Most rock bands can't compete with AB both musically and skill-wise. That said, I think that Saint Asonia make really horrible music.
Their music is god awful

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

joshuabeau wrote:
Blackbird wrote:
Their music is god awful
Hmmmm, maybe it's this sort of attitude is why people don't come to these forums much, because we may have adopted such a elitist attitude (I'm guilty of this as well, btw). I can't say Saint Asonia is the greatest new band to come out, but I honestly cannot find anything offensive about their music. If I did, I'd write a long post about it. I, for one, enjoyed their debut album. I'm probably the only one here that does.

Also, I saw that clip with of Come to Life with the Breaking Benjamin drummer, and honestly, it sounded like as if Flip was there and Vaux was right. If anyone didn't say that there was a different drummer there, we would not have notice any difference. Give credit where credit is due.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

You can easily hear it's a different drummer..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:I wonder whose idea it was to start all of these cameo appearances on certain songs from other members from the bands? Obviously I only really care for the ones where AB gets to combine with the bands and not vice-versa, but it's weird seeing someone else but Flip drumming in an AB Song.
Disturbed's I guess. They had guest singers on (I think) every festival in Europe. I got guy from Of Mice and Men doing Killing In The Name with them (drummer fucked up beginning, was supper annoying)

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Timotheus wrote:You can easily hear it's a different drummer..
I got bad ears, all right. I can't identify certain drumming patterns compared to when I can hear a guest vocalist on certain songs. I'm saying that if I don't see the video and I don't have any backstory information, but I hear the sound, I just hear AB playing Come to Life like they have been playing since 2013.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I got to hear Killing In The Name with Jacoby from Papa Roach and it was awesome.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

dFhimz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by dFhimz »

Your opinion is your opinion so that's fine, but I feel very differently about Saint Asonia. I really like their music. It's not like Alter Bridge at all except that they are both in the rock category, so I don't really feel a need to compare them. Alter Bridge is for sure my favorite band, but I've liked Saint Asonia since they started and saw them live along with AB a couple weeks ago, along with MANY other bands. Next to Alter Bridge, my brother and I both thought Saint Asonia had the most entertaining set at the festival. Adam has great stage presence and their music is fun to listen to.
Anyways, that's just my opinion.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Bands aren't supposed to sound the same.

It's healthy for bands to be different, that's how they gain fans. People are different and like different things, those people are allowed to express those differences and opinions. We encourage that here.

Not a huge fan of Saint Asonia's production, the music is middle of the road for me.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Brian -Might be a special treat coming up during AB set!!

along with a pic of Mark's 7 string

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

AllC392Was wrote:
along with a pic of Mark's 7 string
It's Mike Mushok's 7 string.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Michael just replied to someone on facebook and said Show Me a Leader will debut tomorrow in Portland
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AHart96 wrote:Michael just replied to someone on facebook and said Show Me a Leader will debut tomorrow in Portland
Isn't the show in Portland on the 23rd though?

AHart96
Rise Today

Re: Doubt it

Post by AHart96 »

anguyen92 wrote:
AHart96 wrote:Michael just replied to someone on facebook and said Show Me a Leader will debut tomorrow in Portland
Isn't the show in Portland on the 23rd though?
I have no clue, I haven't looked at the tour schedule. Just went off of his comment unless I read it wrong

EDIT: I read it right, so I don't know what to tell you. We'll find out soon enough though
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Funny that Saint Asonia's frontman was, for a time, one of the most recognizable voices in rock with Three Days Grace. And now his new band largely sucks

It's disappointing to see Adam go from making great music to this pawn shop band

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Again, what's makes this band so criminally offensive to you that Three Days Grace didn't have when Adam was around? Honestly, for me, I found Saint Asonia to be more like 3DG than what the current 3DG are.

dFhimz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by dFhimz »

anguyen92 wrote:Again, what's makes this band so criminally offensive to you that Three Days Grace didn't have when Adam was around? Honestly, for me, I found Saint Asonia to be more like 3DG than what the current 3DG are.
We should probably get back on topic but I have to agree with you, sounds much better than the last couple 3DG albums.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Everything Gontier and the rest of Three Days Grace has done following Life Starts Now has sucked.

There.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ All right, the voice of reason has spoken, that's the end of that then.

So, the debut of Show Me A Leader live is going to be played in their next headlining show? All right, let's see how it turns and if them waiting on playing it is worth it.

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

Holy shit. It'll be debuted at my show.

Eeeeeeeeeee