Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

Post by AllC392Was »

I'll be at the Grand Rapids show y'all. See ya soon for those going

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

youknowverywell wrote:Myles is 46 years-old and sounding better than the majority of singers half his age and you guys want to Tweet at him or Mark asking why he isn't pronouncing one word correctly? Enjoy his performance and get over yourselves.

Get over yourselves?

Who wants to go watch American Myles Kennedy sing songs and not enunciate half the worlds in the English language? Not me.

The problem with Alter Bridge touring is they sound nothing like the album. The songs don't mesh and come out as pretty as on the album. Or as fluid. Which bugs me a lot. Myles can sing anything he wants to sing, literally. And now this tour he comes stretching his Es in some crazy way. It's hard to listen to. Few years ago, we have cat screech Myles. Always something.

Band isn't consistent IMO and need to work on it.

Coming from a guy who names their first born son Myles with a y after Myles Kennedy, huge fan, but somewhat disappointed.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

youknowverywell wrote:Myles is 46 years-old and sounding better than the majority of singers half his age and you guys want to Tweet at him or Mark asking why he isn't pronouncing one word correctly? Enjoy his performance and get over yourselves.
He literally says "I hope you find your wee" in Blackbird....
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I found my wee

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

AllC392Was wrote:I'll be at the Grand Rapids show y'all. See ya soon for those going
Same! Gonna try to get on the rail tonight.
Thanks Timo!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

austinjhnsn wrote:
AllC392Was wrote:I'll be at the Grand Rapids show y'all. See ya soon for those going
Same! Gonna try to get on the rail tonight.
You got VIP or the fast pass?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Here's a picture of the merch table:

Really loving it!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Chris, I've got neither, so it'll be tough for me to try and get up there. Might be a couple rows back.
Thanks Timo!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Omg I love that merchandise. Especially the one on the left

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Their left or our left? Because I looove the one on the right.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

anguyen92 wrote:On the other hand, the other big summer US tour on the top of my head right now that revolves around relatively "modern" rock bands is the Slipknot/Marilyn Manson tour.

If I had to choose between that bill and the bill AB is currently on, I would prefer the Breaking Benjamin/Disturbed bill. Those Slipknot fans may be pretty brutal if they do not like what they see.
Regarding this post, there is actually one more summer tour that I have overlooked which is the US version of the Carnival of Madness tour with....... Shinedown/Halestorm/BSC. Do you guys suppose that AB had a much better chance of winning the crowd over with that line-up than with Breaking Benjamin/Disturbed?

Granted, AB had tour with those kinds of bands, especially with BSC, for a good while, over the years, so they probably wanted to do something different in terms of getting on a bill that most people probably did not expect, hence this summer tour and their upcoming UK arena tour where they are headlining with Volbeat and Gojira supporting.

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

......your logic is sound!

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

AB23 wrote:Omg I love that merchandise. Especially the one on the left
I almost bought the one on the left, but I'm sucker for that bird.

youknowverywell
White Knuckled

Post by youknowverywell »

mycarhasabs wrote:
I'm sorry but I think its an unnecessary critique. Its such a small thing to get all torches and pitchforks about. If you want to complain about their live performance pick something else.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It's not like we're all upset and angry about it. It's just an interesting notable observation that should be mentioned and discussed since it is different than what we are usually accustomed to.

youknowverywell
White Knuckled

Post by youknowverywell »

anguyen92 wrote:It's not like we're all upset and angry about it. It's just an interesting notable observation that should be mentioned and discussed since it is different than what we are usually accustomed to.

And see that's fine. Noticing it and discussing it is one thing, suggesting that we take to Twitter and Facebook and tell him to fix it (or tell Mark to tell him to fix it) is taking it a step too far in my opinion.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, Michael is at the show and hearing soundchecks. This is the songs, he's mentioning on twitter during Soundcheck.

Brand New Start
Coeur D'alene
White Knuckles
Waters Rising

And apparently a surprise song......

https://twitter.com/TremontiMichael/sta ... 3424624640

Just note this, just because they are playing certain songs in the soundcheck does not always mean they may play it during the actual show.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

anguyen92 wrote: And apparently a surprise song......
Rise Today?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Coeur D'Alene is already a nice surprise! It would be great if they kept that one in rotation.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

youknowverywell wrote:
mycarhasabs wrote:
I'm sorry but I think its an unnecessary critique. Its such a small thing to get all torches and pitchforks about. If you want to complain about their live performance pick something else.
As I said before, he's doing it for a very legitimate reason. He's not being ignorant to the fans, he's not doing it on purpose to see if anyone will notice him messing around with the enunciations.

He's the most aware person on earth of his vocal chords, his ability and what his voice can do and for how long for. If he believes that pronouncing very, VERY few words differently will preserve his voice for the long run? Crack on MK, you do you boo.

It sounds like shit, sure. But I get why he's doing it