Official "The Last Hero" Thread (pre-release discussion)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
antiwal
Loyal Follower

Re: Official "The Last Hero" Thread

Post by antiwal »

Opened up TLH case to see a list of names ("The Immortals") on the inside. Was this a competition to get your name on it? I don't recall seeing this opportunity myself :(. Anyone here get their name in?

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Buffon wrote:
Crumbso wrote:
WaywardOne wrote:
One Drew Remains wrote:I wonder how many of us have actually listened to AB since day one. I can remember going to Walmart on my 30 minute lunch break that day in August '04 and instantly falling in love with Metalingus before having to go back to work.
This guy has! I don't remember exactly when i bought ODR but I heard Open Your Eyes on the radio and that prompted me to go out and buy it. I really liked Alter Bridge then but they didn't quite reach that elite, life-changing-band status until Blackbird came out!
Heard 'The End is Here' in late '04. Love ODR to pieces and very happy with the direction AB has taken. Fortress was the shit, great album.

The main thing I miss is the live shows from 04 - 08. Greatest live band ever back then.
Did Mr. Phillips drum properly during this period?

I remember him being absolutely awful on the Amsterdam DVD and pretty much every live vid I watched around the Blackbird tour, and my first time seeing them in person (Carnival of Madness 2011) cemented it. Consistently ruining the songs and Myles's vocals by playing at 3x tempo for whatever reason (I'm sure he had a good one, just can't quite figure it out).

He sorted it out on the Fortress tour, which coincidentally is the best they've ever sounded in my book.
I went to a gig in '07 and you can watch videos on YouTube of gigs before that. He definitely did some better drumming at the time.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

antiwal wrote:Opened up TLH case to see a list of names ("The Immortals") on the inside. Was this a competition to get your name on it? I don't recall seeing this opportunity myself :(. Anyone here get their name in?
Fret12 had a bundle offer, where people pay something like $500 to have their names on the album. Not really an amount that I would personally spend, but if people wanted to give that sort of money to support the band, who I am to stop them?

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

anguyen92 wrote:
antiwal wrote:Opened up TLH case to see a list of names ("The Immortals") on the inside. Was this a competition to get your name on it? I don't recall seeing this opportunity myself :(. Anyone here get their name in?
Fret12 had a bundle offer, where people pay something like $500 to have their names on the album. Not really an amount that I would personally spend, but if people wanted to give that sort of money to support the band, who I am to stop them?
Sheesh!! Think I'll just grab a pen and write my own name in. In bigger letters too.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Ues, I indeed supported the band through the liner-notes bundle of Fret12, but it did not cost 500 dollar. Still a considerable amount which I was fortunate enough at the time to be able to spent. It was nice to support the band this way and indeed become kind of immortal for ever and ever. Received my first (red) vinyl today and an American forum member received my bestbuy-copy ; he will sent it to me across the Atlantic soon. Tomorrow morning when I wake up itunes will have the album ready for my phone to play it in the car on the way to work. EMP-box due next week. These are fine days for an AB-fan.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

antiwal wrote:Poor One By One :(. Never understood the hate. It would probably be in my top 10 AB tracks.
It's magical. Don't worry man, we're in the minority of awesome people that appreciate true brilliance

AB23
Still Remains

you are entitled to your opunion but if you don't like obo I

Post by AB23 »

How much glitter is too much? Asking for a friend who wants to get noticed on camera tomorrow

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Haha I really hope we can see you rocking out. If glitter won't do the trick you can always wear that lizard suit that seems to do well at rock/metal shows!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Or dress like Stijn. He always gets the spotlight.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Just got my Best Buy preorder in the mail a day early today! SOOOO hyped to listen to this all the way through and have all the bonus tracks as well.

~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I like that back cover art.
For all of the hope that it brings...

TheLastHero2016
Brand New Start

Post by TheLastHero2016 »

Jaredr24 wrote:Just got my Best Buy preorder in the mail a day early today! SOOOO hyped to listen to this all the way through and have all the bonus tracks as well.

Dude plz give us review of breathe!! That song is freaking amazing !!!

alterchris
TABN.com Citizen

Post by alterchris »

TheLastHero2016 wrote:
Jaredr24 wrote:Just got my Best Buy preorder in the mail a day early today! SOOOO hyped to listen to this all the way through and have all the bonus tracks as well.

Dude plz give us review of breathe!! That song is freaking amazing !!!
You better wait until admin says it's ok. I listened to the cd yesterday, wrote a small review and my post was removed. :lol
Last edited by alterchris on Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

That back cover looks incredible!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Lmao. We still can't talk about it even though people have had it, from the source, for a few days now?

Crazy shit.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

austin. wrote:Lmao. We still can't talk about it even though people have had it, from the source, for a few days now?

Crazy shit.
That's what I said. Gave us an exact time to the minute we could talk about it. Ashlee said this is at the request of the band though, so it is what it is I guess.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

that's a pretty cool back cover. I still wish they would've gone with Jim's rendering of the front cover. It seriously looks 2 times better imo. looks much more like a rustic, AB style (and personally think it fits the album better).

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I love how the Blackbird has kind of been AB's permanent symbolic traveling logo. I think it fits them really well. The Blackbird flies through every album.

On ABIII, it's almost like it hit them that they should have the Blackbird somewhere, so they changed it up for 3.5

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

TLH song review review is up: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2955#p181378

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

One Drew Remains wrote:I wonder how many of us have actually listened to AB since day one. I can remember going to Walmart on my 30 minute lunch break that day in August '04 and instantly falling in love with Metalingus before having to go back to work.
Day "wunner" here too. I remember reading ona rock site that 3 of the guys from Creed had joined up with some guy named Myles to do a heavier, more rocking project. I was hooked from that moment.
Last edited by The Plotblocker on Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.