Official "The Last Hero" Thread (pre-release discussion)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Official "The Last Hero" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ It's nothing really special. After sifting through 1.5 hours of footage, I only heard it once and it was mainly used as a small instrumental (no vocals). Still, any sport televised exposure, regardless of how big or small, is always a good thing for AB.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

http://www.glidemagazine.com/171127/myles/

Fantastic interview here. Lots of good info. Sorry if already posted.

Box Of Frogz
Bought The CDs

Post by Box Of Frogz »

This thread is just getting more and more hilarious in its farce. 99%of us have surely heard the album by now. We're all gonna buy it still - I've got a couple of pre-orders. It seems ridiculous that we can't discuss something that has clearly happened. Anyone who comes on this site is a hardcore fan who will support the band and buy the album anyway. Instead we have to say stuff like, "I can't wait for Cradle, I bet that song's great..." - It's all a bit Monty Python.

SamarthJoshi
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SamarthJoshi »

AB23 wrote:http://www.glidemagazine.com/171127/myles/

Hey, thanks for sharing that! It's always great to know the story behind the songs.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Box Of Frogz wrote:This thread is just getting more and more hilarious in its farce. 99%of us have surely heard the album by now. We're all gonna buy it still - I've got a couple of pre-orders. It seems ridiculous that we can't discuss something that has clearly happened. Anyone who comes on this site is a hardcore fan who will support the band and buy the album anyway. Instead we have to say stuff like, "I can't wait for Cradle, I bet that song's great..." - It's all a bit Monty Python.
I think you would be surprised of how many people do not want to give leakers/download sites any revenue by not downloading...

But I agree it's a bit 'weird' here. Still I think we want to hype the official release.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Look, everyone that's posting here, they are going to buy the album/buy the concert tickets/shirts/VIPs/etc. That's a given. The mods, rightfully so, just don't want to this site to be the source of spreading piracy since if people discuss it then lurkers (those that read, but don't post) may be trying to find a leak or ask for a source, and who knows if they are going to be ones buying anything AB-related, anyway.

I haven't heard the album, yet, but that's because I respect the band's wishes to want us to wait it out until October 7th (something that so-called hardcore fans apparently does not have the patience for) to buy/hear it. I don't know why people want to hear the album, right away before the release date, I quite frankly don't care about their intentions.

However, if the mods made it clear to not discuss the unofficial contents of the album before the release date, here, we abide by it. If not, there's bound to be somewhere that you can discuss it as much as you want.

If management wants to track the source of the leaks, and find that this board had been discussing it. You know who's going to take the fall/blame? Those that moderate it and they don't deserve that sort of treatment. Those that maintaining and keeping this boards alive (even during the non-AB years, where posting activity decreases fast during those depressing times in these boards). They set the rules the way they feel would create a strong community and connection with the band, and it's up to us to abide it.
fix wrote:I think you would be surprised of how many people do not want to give leakers/download sites any revenue by not downloading...

But I agree it's a bit 'weird' here. Still I think we want to hype the official release.
We can still do that through the interviews and the upcoming live shows and other means. I just feel like discussing content before it is officially out is not the right way to do it.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Box Of Frogz
Bought The CDs

Post by Box Of Frogz »

Haha, we're in more denial than an average Myles Kennedy song!

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

AB23 wrote:http://www.glidemagazine.com/171127/myles/

Thanks!
Divided by our differences, now everything is torn apart, tomorrow is contingent on the tolerance of every heart.
Is a strong line indeed.

Box Of Frogz
Bought The CDs

Post by Box Of Frogz »

Fair points. I guess it's because I also post on a Guns N Roses forum and was posting back when Chinese Democracy songs leaked. It woulda been hilarious if no-one could have discussed those until years later when the album finally got a release! I appreciate that the Last Hero has a release date though, just trying to explain my mindset and, I reiterate, I'm buying the the album. It's out there, might as well hear it!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ That's fair, you're buying the album. Other people may not have the same mindset, sadly.

Box Of Frogz
Bought The CDs

Post by Box Of Frogz »

It's the age old argument really - how many casual music fans have become fans and therefore supporters of a band through downloading an album? There really needs to be some kinda study. Speaking for myself I know there's a ton of bands I'd have never gone to see on tour or bought their future albums were their catalogue not out there. Like you say, there's people who won't pay - but surely they wouldn't anyway. But if a band hooks the pirating little barstards then they're gonna at least get ticket sales they otherwise wouldn't.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Box Of Frogz wrote:Speaking for myself I know there's a ton of bands I'd have never gone to see on tour or bought their future albums were their catalogue not out there.
Ditto.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

I have not heard the album
I don't want to hear the album now
I've pre-ordered several copies in different bundles, signed, boxed, vinyl etc. etc.
I respect the release date chosen by the band & management.
This website is a fan website, supporting this band !
So why the fuck is it so hard to respect the band's wishes concerning the release at least over here.
Why keep on beginning to discuss the leakage anyway over and over and over, we're not bunch of little children trying to have it their way at any cost, are we ?
just don't understand...............that's all.
Do we love and respect this band or not ?

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

axlar wrote:And with that this discussion about leaks is done until oct 7th. Let's bring this thread back on topic...18 days to go! \o/
i'd like to remind people about this. If you want to discuss the mechanics of how leaks work or how preorders justify illegal activites, then please do so in a separate topic in general discussions.

this topic is about the album and the 2 (or now even 3 songs) that have been released, and talk about various snippets.
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

So, any people here that have the metal hammer (or what was it) cd with Poison In Your Veins?

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

fix wrote:So, any people here that have the metal hammer (or what was it) cd with Poison In Your Veins?
I think it's a German only release...?!
"Sing it, Stijn!"

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

axlar wrote:
fix wrote:So, any people here that have the metal hammer (or what was it) cd with Poison In Your Veins?
I think it's a German only release...?!
There are some Germans here, aren't there? :) Or there are people living/working close to the border with Germany, like me.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

axlar wrote:
And with that this discussion about leaks is done until oct 7th. Let's bring this thread back on topic...18 days to go! \o/
i'd like to remind people about this. If you want to discuss the mechanics of how leaks work or how preorders justify illegal activites, then please do so in a separate topic in general discussions.

this topic is about the album and the 2 (or now even 3 songs) that have been released, and talk about various snippets.
Agreed. The way I see this is that the mods have made a decision in good faith. Whether or not you or I agree with it won't change that fact. To carry on moaning/arguing about the decision in long posts will only drag the vibe of the thread down.

Now. Time to go hunt down a German version of Metal Hammer!

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

fix wrote:Or there are people living/working close to the border with Germany, like me.
Then what are you waiting for, go over that border and grab your copy! :P
"Sing it, Stijn!"

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

^ If I had a car with me, I would. :D Working in Nijmegen... But I'm here by train so. :\