Official "The Last Hero" Thread (pre-release discussion)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Official "The Last Hero" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

The Plotblocker wrote:Will the live stream be available in the UK too, and if so, what time?
I think in the UK you can watch it, unless Youtube has some weird region-blocking policies regarding live streams. In terms of time, they stated 7:50 PM PST, which makes it 3:50 AM for those in the UK?

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

anguyen92 wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:Will the live stream be available in the UK too, and if so, what time?
I think in the UK you can watch it, unless Youtube has some weird region-blocking policies regarding live streams. In terms of time, they stated 7:50 PM PST, which makes it 3:50 AM for those in the UK?
Oh well, looks like a late one for me Friday then :humina
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

DCooper727
TABN.com Citizen

Post by DCooper727 »

Timotheus wrote: What was your impression of the 1 minute preview? Or did you miss that and was the full song your first impression?
I heard the preview once, so I didn't really put much thought into it, so basically the full song was my first impression. It sounds more like Mayfield Four instead of AB, so that may appeal to some of you.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

DCooper727 wrote:
Timotheus wrote: What was your impression of the 1 minute preview? Or did you miss that and was the full song your first impression?
I heard the preview once, so I didn't really put much thought into it, so basically the full song was my first impression. It sounds more like Mayfield Four instead of AB, so that may appeal to some of you.
How long was it by the way? Like a 3 minute or so song?

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

Watch Your Words is probably a top 5 AB track for me. Dead serious. That song is beautiful.
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

DCooper727
TABN.com Citizen

Post by DCooper727 »

Breathe is 4:16 in length.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

DCooper727 wrote:Breathe is 4:16 in length.
Compared to the rest of ODR that is somewhat on the short side, but it's close to the fairly common track lengths for AB. Thanks for giving us this information. I'm still really looking forward to hearing it!

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

poshisjarker wrote:Watch Your Words is probably a top 5 AB track for me. Dead serious. That song is beautiful.
Same here! The riff, the vocals, that chorus!! Everything about the song just ooz's awesome!
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

anguyen92 wrote:In terms of time, they stated 7:50 PM PST, which makes it 3:50 AM for those in the UK?
7:50 PM PST is 00:50AM in the UK, yes

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Jim wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:In terms of time, they stated 7:50 PM PST, which makes it 3:50 AM for those in the UK?
7:50 PM PST is 00:50AM in the UK, yes
This ^
Last edited by Jim on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: my bad...
Photobucket cash grab.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I wonder how many of us have actually listened to AB since day one. I can remember going to Walmart on my 30 minute lunch break that day in August '04 and instantly falling in love with Metalingus before having to go back to work.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

anguyen92 wrote:I always thought UK time was eight hours ahead of Pacific Time, no?
It is, there is agreeance

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

For the final time guys, regardless of record store SNAFUs or whatever else, there will be no specific discussion of unreleased material in this thread until Friday. Since we have such a large fan base all over the world, this thread will be open for fan reviews and specific conversation at 12:01am GMT Friday, October 7.

In the US, that's Thursday, October 6 -
7:01pm EST
6:01pm CDT

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

In the UK and Europe that's -
00:01 GMT

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Ashlee wrote:For the final time guys, regardless of record store SNAFUs or whatever else, there will be no specific discussion of unreleased material in this thread until Friday. Since we have such a large fan base all over the world, this thread will be open for fan reviews and specific conversation at 12:01am GMT Friday, October 7.

Ok I usually agree, but you're going to get on someone for talking about a CD he/she preordered and received legitimately? People receive their pre orders early literally every album cycle. That's a tad much in my irrelevant opinion. I mean it's not my forum, so rules are rules, but jeez.

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

I find it slightly sad that many are looking forward to Breathe the most. Kinda writing off TLH before we've heard it in its entirety :( Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to hear it either, but not as much as the new album. It's like the cherry on top of a new cake.

alterchris
TABN.com Citizen

Post by alterchris »

I apologize for breaking the rules earlier - I obviously didn't read them through entirely. Anyway, can't wait til Friday!

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:
Ashlee wrote:For the final time guys, regardless of record store SNAFUs or whatever else, there will be no specific discussion of unreleased material in this thread until Friday. Since we have such a large fan base all over the world, this thread will be open for fan reviews and specific conversation at 12:01am GMT Friday, October 7.

Ok I usually agree, but you're going to get on someone for talking about a CD he/she preordered and received legitimately? People receive their pre orders early literally every album cycle. That's a tad much in my irrelevant opinion. I mean it's not my forum, so rules are rules, but jeez.
It's okay if we can't agree. The issue is we cannot police who obtained albums legally and who did not. That's why it's just best to wait until release day, especially since we're waiting at the request of the band and their management.

SamarthJoshi
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SamarthJoshi »

antiwal wrote:I find it slightly sad that many are looking forward to Breathe the most. Kinda writing off TLH before we've heard it in its entirety :( Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to hear it either, but not as much as the new album. It's like the cherry on top of a new cake.
Maybe some of us have listened to the album already through other means. So there is not so much excitement for TLH than it is for Breathe. Also, some people(me included) might not be huge fans of Myles' current voice and AB's current heavy side(I like it if done right) judging by the songs which have been released. Then Breathe came and reminded us of the side of Alter Bridge which had blown our minds back when we had first heard AB. I'm assuming that even the people who don't like ODR are excited about the song. :)