Official "The Last Hero" Thread (pre-release discussion)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Ashlee
Site Admin

Re: Official "The Last Hero" Thread

Postby Ashlee » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:39 pm

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:
Ashlee wrote:For the final time guys, regardless of record store SNAFUs or whatever else, there will be no specific discussion of unreleased material in this thread until Friday. Since we have such a large fan base all over the world, this thread will be open for fan reviews and specific conversation at 12:01am GMT Friday, October 7.

In the US, that's Thursday, October 6 -
7:01pm EST
6:01pm CDT

Ok I usually agree, but you're going to get on someone for talking about a CD he/she preordered and received legitimately? People receive their pre orders early literally every album cycle. That's a tad much in my irrelevant opinion. I mean it's not my forum, so rules are rules, but jeez.

It's okay if we can't agree. The issue is we cannot police who obtained albums legally and who did not. That's why it's just best to wait until release day, especially since we're waiting at the request of the band and their management.

SamarthJoshi
Bought The CDs

Postby SamarthJoshi » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:16 am

antiwal wrote:I find it slightly sad that many are looking forward to Breathe the most. Kinda writing off TLH before we've heard it in its entirety :( Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to hear it either, but not as much as the new album. It's like the cherry on top of a new cake.

Maybe some of us have listened to the album already through other means. So there is not so much excitement for TLH than it is for Breathe. Also, some people(me included) might not be huge fans of Myles' current voice and AB's current heavy side(I like it if done right) judging by the songs which have been released. Then Breathe came and reminded us of the side of Alter Bridge which had blown our minds back when we had first heard AB. I'm assuming that even the people who don't like ODR are excited about the song. :)

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Postby cheesedip1 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:50 am

MylesKennedyIsGod wrote:
cheesedip1 wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:I finally watched all of the "Behind the song" videos, and I'm really surprised that both Myles and Mark thought that Poison In Your Veins was going to be their first single. Not only that, but Myles worked very hard apparently to make it as "single-friendly" in the chorus as possible, and the song is just so... monotonous. Apparently I don't see that they see in the song.

Totally agree man. Poison is probably the worst song they've ever done. It's so bland. No offense.

You're entitled to your own opinion, of course. But you're wrong. That chorus melody is a thing to treasure forevermore (see what i did there?)

I still think it's pretty average at best. I'd listen to "we dont care at All" any day before Poison.

MylesKennedyIsGod
White Knuckled

Postby MylesKennedyIsGod » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:54 am

cheesedip1 wrote:
MylesKennedyIsGod wrote:
cheesedip1 wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:I finally watched all of the "Behind the song" videos, and I'm really surprised that both Myles and Mark thought that Poison In Your Veins was going to be their first single. Not only that, but Myles worked very hard apparently to make it as "single-friendly" in the chorus as possible, and the song is just so... monotonous. Apparently I don't see that they see in the song.

Totally agree man. Poison is probably the worst song they've ever done. It's so bland. No offense.

You're entitled to your own opinion, of course. But you're wrong. That chorus melody is a thing to treasure forevermore (see what i did there?)

I still think it's pretty average at best. I'd listen to "we dont care at All" any day before Poison.

I'm sorry, but if you're not a troll then you're deaf...I can see you (or anyone else) arguing its an average song. I get it. I don't see it that way whatsoever, but 'the worst' in AB's catalog? LULZ

Thanks DonHarry!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Postby austinjhnsn » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:59 am

Opinions are opinions........

Thanks Timo!

MylesKennedyIsGod
White Knuckled

Postby MylesKennedyIsGod » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:11 am

austinjhnsn wrote:Opinions are opinions........

Very true. I shouldn't be so snobbish considering I mostly post around the times AB/Tremonti/SMKC albums are released. But I really do like Poison. And not a big fan of WDCAA. But we can't deny we all love AB--thats all that matters forevermore

Thanks DonHarry!

Lotha
Colloquial

triggered

Postby Lotha » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:18 am

MylesKennedyIsGod wrote: we can't deny

whyyyyyyyyyyy :lol
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Postby fix » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:55 am

MylesKennedyIsGod wrote:But we can't deny we all love AB--thats all that matters forevermore

I see what you did there... :humina

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Postby antiwal » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:08 am

In other news.....MY CD HAS ARRIVED!!!! OMG, Amazon delivered a day early!!!! The downside? I gotta get through the whole day at work until I can hear it. AAARGHHHHHH!!!

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Postby The Plotblocker » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:41 am

MylesKennedyIsGod wrote:
cheesedip1 wrote:
MylesKennedyIsGod wrote:
cheesedip1 wrote:

I'm sorry, but if you're not a troll then you're deaf...I can see you (or anyone else) arguing its an average song. I get it. I don't see it that way whatsoever, but 'the worst' in AB's catalog? LULZ

I have to say I do not understand the hate PIYV is getting either. I loved from the moment that pinch drops everything in. Granted it is not one of their best songs, but no where near the worst either. For me personally, that "honour" goes to One By One. Such a bland boring song imo.

Out of interest, what are other best and worst from the boys? Already covered my worst. My fave is Down To My Last. So simple yet so fucking beautiful.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Postby antiwal » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:45 am

Poor One By One :(. Never understood the hate. It would probably be in my top 10 AB tracks.

WaywardOne
Loyal Follower

Postby WaywardOne » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:49 am

One Drew Remains wrote:I wonder how many of us have actually listened to AB since day one. I can remember going to Walmart on my 30 minute lunch break that day in August '04 and instantly falling in love with Metalingus before having to go back to work.

This guy has! I don't remember exactly when i bought ODR but I heard Open Your Eyes on the radio and that prompted me to go out and buy it. I really liked Alter Bridge then but they didn't quite reach that elite, life-changing-band status until Blackbird came out!

Crumbso
Hardcore TABN'er

Postby Crumbso » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:01 am

WaywardOne wrote:
One Drew Remains wrote:I wonder how many of us have actually listened to AB since day one. I can remember going to Walmart on my 30 minute lunch break that day in August '04 and instantly falling in love with Metalingus before having to go back to work.

This guy has! I don't remember exactly when i bought ODR but I heard Open Your Eyes on the radio and that prompted me to go out and buy it. I really liked Alter Bridge then but they didn't quite reach that elite, life-changing-band status until Blackbird came out!

Heard 'The End is Here' in late '04. Love ODR to pieces and very happy with the direction AB has taken. Fortress was the shit, great album.

The main thing I miss is the live shows from 04 - 08. Greatest live band ever back then.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Postby VigilantSteve » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:39 am

WaywardOne wrote:

I'm from day one as well. I can't remember exactly where I bought the album, but when I found out that 3 of the 4 members of my favorite band at the time were starting a new band and releasing an album I was eagerly counting down the days to the CD release. I still absolutely love the ODR album, even if I don't think it's the holy grail like some people on this board...I very much prefer the direction they took since then and prefer Elvis' production (overall), though I definitely do miss Mark's clean tones.

That being said, the 60 second preview of Breathe sounds INCREDIBLE and hope the rest of the song lives up to that. Just based on the preview, I can't believe that the song was a B-Side.

Apparently, assuming my local post office doesn't screw up (they frequently do, unfortunately), I should have the album when I get home today based on my updated tracking info from Best Buy. :rockon

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Postby Ubik » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:57 am

Just watching a vid on a news site and the advert beforehand was for The Last Hero! No doubt due to my youtube history but even so, cool.
In another life
In another place...

WaywardOne
Loyal Follower

Postby WaywardOne » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:09 am

Crumbso wrote:
WaywardOne wrote:

Heard 'The End is Here' in late '04. Love ODR to pieces and very happy with the direction AB has taken. Fortress was the shit, great album.

The main thing I miss is the live shows from 04 - 08. Greatest live band ever back then.

I almost died a little on the inside when I misread that as "Fortress was shit" :lol

MuffinMcFluffin
White Knuckled

Postby MuffinMcFluffin » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:37 am

antiwal wrote:In other news.....MY CD HAS ARRIVED!!!! OMG, Amazon delivered a day early!!!! The downside? I gotta get through the whole day at work until I can hear it. AAARGHHHHHH!!!

There are always ways of "leaving early," my friend...

:D

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Postby fix » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:15 am

Just got my vinyl! :) Too bad I don't have anything to play it with haha! Will have to wait till tomorrow for the iTunes version.

austin.
On The Rail

Postby austin. » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:53 am

Will I get an email or something with my copy of The Last Hero free via my ticket purchases?

abw1987
Blood Machines

Postby abw1987 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:13 am

austin. wrote:Will I get an email or something with my copy of The Last Hero free via my ticket purchases?

I would think so. When I bought the album/t-shirt bundle I got a link to download SMAL and MC. I bet a similar link will be distributed on release day.

Return to “Alter Bridge”