Official "The Last Hero" Thread (pre-release discussion)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AB23
Still Remains

Re: Official "The Last Hero" Thread

Post by AB23 »

Laughing at my micropeen certainly. Causes inspiration for their new album, "Denying Condoms Forevermore."

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

...anyways...
I figured out how to play most of The Other Side on guitar. Unique riffing on that song.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

slasherbridge wrote:...anyways...
I figured out how to play most of The Other Side on guitar. Unique riffing on that song.
Well, not so unique, I would say, but definitely fun to play.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

I suppose unique to me because I'm not overly familiar with that tuning. I don't typically venture too far out of standard or drop d. Anytime I try and write anything in that drop B, it always come out sounding like a wannabe Come To Life or something

MylesKennedyIsGod
White Knuckled

Post by MylesKennedyIsGod »

cheesedip1 wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:I finally watched all of the "Behind the song" videos, and I'm really surprised that both Myles and Mark thought that Poison In Your Veins was going to be their first single. Not only that, but Myles worked very hard apparently to make it as "single-friendly" in the chorus as possible, and the song is just so... monotonous. Apparently I don't see that they see in the song.
Totally agree man. Poison is probably the worst song they've ever done. It's so bland. No offense.
You're entitled to your own opinion, of course. But you're wrong. That chorus melody is a thing to treasure forevermore (see what i did there?)
Thanks DonHarry!

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

MylesKennedyIsGod wrote:
cheesedip1 wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:I finally watched all of the "Behind the song" videos, and I'm really surprised that both Myles and Mark thought that Poison In Your Veins was going to be their first single. Not only that, but Myles worked very hard apparently to make it as "single-friendly" in the chorus as possible, and the song is just so... monotonous. Apparently I don't see that they see in the song.
Totally agree man. Poison is probably the worst song they've ever done. It's so bland. No offense.
You're entitled to your own opinion, of course. But you're wrong. That chorus melody is a thing to treasure forevermore (see what i did there?)
Also do not agree with this opinion about Poison. Impossible that this is their worst song, for after all they recorded Champion. Imo by far their worst effort ever.

MylesKennedyIsGod
White Knuckled

Post by MylesKennedyIsGod »

riemslag1 wrote:
MylesKennedyIsGod wrote:
cheesedip1 wrote:
Also do not agree with this opinion about Poison. Impossible that this is their worst song, for after all they recorded Champion. Imo by far their worst effort ever.
Have you heard We Don't Care At All? Champion blows it out of the water...I'm not saying there is a 'bad' AB song...but if there is, its WDCAA
Thanks DonHarry!

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

It sounds like they didn't care at all about the song! :lol

I actually love that song.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

slasherbridge wrote:I suppose unique to me because I'm not overly familiar with that tuning. I don't typically venture too far out of standard or drop d. Anytime I try and write anything in that drop B, it always come out sounding like a wannabe Come To Life or something
Haha I have exactly the same problem. It's one of those reasons why I love All Hope Is Gone. That verse melody is something else, especially on that tuning imo.

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

Worst songs IMO: Watch Your Words, Break Me Down, Breathe Again, We Don't Care At All

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Watch Your Words?! Are you working with lead based paint in an enclosed area?!

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

Jim wrote:Watch Your Words?! Are you working with lead based paint in an enclosed area?!
I just can't hear that chorus :lol but IDK, for some people 'Coming Home' is one of their worst songs ever and for me is one of my favorites so... :shrug

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

I love Watch Your Words.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Watch Your Words is easily one of their most underrated songs.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

:) Just two days left guys and girls!

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

MylesKennedyIsGod wrote:
cheesedip1 wrote:
Can't wait to see what song has "forevermore" in it... I swear Myles puts that in every record he records haha

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

Woo, Amazon have shipped my CD. Wishful thinking it'll arrive before Friday! :dance

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Maybe we should start tweeting at them to add Watch Your Words to the set. Never know on this tour.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

^ Let's try Breathe Again!

Relax... I'm just kidding!

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

My complaint with production is that Marks harmonies are hard to hear.