Official "The Last Hero" Thread (pre-release discussion)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Nor should you

Post by gbruin »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
gbruin wrote:Geez, you go to Canada for a few days and when you come back there is a giant smoking crater where the forum used to be and zaz left crumbs all over where I used to be. Wow.

18 Days Remain

On the amazing side though, one of the hockey rinks where my son played was playing My Champion on ht arena PA during stoppages in play during the first period. I found the audio guy and told him how fantastic that was, so he played it in parts of the 2nd and 3rd periods, too.
Still sour that you came to Canada and didn't visit me, Greg :lol
If you won't drive 4 hours to see AB, you sure as hell aren't going to go 5 minutes to see me. Relatively speaking, and all.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

gbruin wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
gbruin wrote:Geez, you go to Canada for a few days and when you come back there is a giant smoking crater where the forum used to be and zaz left crumbs all over where I used to be. Wow.

18 Days Remain

On the amazing side though, one of the hockey rinks where my son played was playing My Champion on ht arena PA during stoppages in play during the first period. I found the audio guy and told him how fantastic that was, so he played it in parts of the 2nd and 3rd periods, too.
If you won't drive 4 hours to see AB, you sure as hell aren't going to go 5 minutes to see me. Relatively speaking, and all.
Sure I would!

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

gbruin wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

18 Days Remain

:lol :lol :lol

AB23
Still Remains

Re: Official "The Last Hero" Thread

Post by AB23 »

Jim wrote:I just really like the backing riff to the Crows verses
dude fucking same. I have a strong feeling we're in the minority of this so far

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

You know, every single AB or AB-related release, we have the same narrative around here. The site, and its owners/operators, don't condone leaks. The rule for this site is, hey, don't talk about leaks because we don't support the shady mf'ers who leaked it. Because the band obviously doesn't condone said leaks, this site doesn't condone leaks. And every release? People come around talking about leaks.

Listen. There are a billion websites out there, there's social media, there's other message boards, there's even an Alter Bridge subreddit. You can go discuss the leaks anywhere. The band doesn't want them out, and by downloading and discussing them all over the place you're straight up defying the wishes of the band you claim to love, but you have the freedom to go do that.

Except here.

This site doesn't condone it, and yet people come along and do it anyway. It's nonsense. Just... don't be a dick.

(As an aside, let it be known I'm not a moderator anymore so I'm speaking only for myself, and sticking up for a couple people I still consider friends who get saddled with more work than they should to run this site.)
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

Did I loose something? Why are you guys talking about the album now :S

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Felypesh wrote:Did I loose something? Why are you guys talking about the album now :S
Jim did it so I thought it was kewl

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Jaredr24 wrote:I really want to hear The Last Hero, The Other Side, This Side of Fate, and Twilight. I'm also REALLY hyped to listen to the Best Buy bonus track Breathe from ODR. Does anyone know if it's a re-recorded version or is it from ODR era?
don't know...i kind of hope that it's not re-recorded, but at the same time i do. i guess, if it is re-recorded some of it might have changed and we'll never know. i don't like that.
Photobucket cash grab.

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

Ubik wrote:Well, if they'd lengthened out Breathe Again another couple of minutes it still wouldn't have done much to save it :lol

The boyos do seem to be good at recognising when something deserves it, though.
I love Breathe Again 1 of my fav's actually

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Absolutely cannot wait for Island of Fools, I wore that preview out. The riff along with Myles' vocals is pure gold :rockon
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

It kills me that we've been waiting, clamoring, pleading, begging the band for a studio version of On My Way Now for 13 years, and now they pull out an ODR b-side and it's... the other one?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: the bridge on this side of fate is nuts

Post by zazthespaz »

AB23 wrote:
Felypesh wrote:Did I loose something? Why are you guys talking about the album now :S
Yeah, what're the limits on what we can and can't say now?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

AB23 wrote:
No I didn't, I was referring to the snippet from that japanese amazon

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

damn nice save

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I genuinely was though...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Only music I've listened to is the two singles that have been officially released. I believe you were referring to the Amazon snippets that were genuinely online for a bit, but before you clarified that, it came across as referring to leaked music. Just sayin...if the point is to keep conversations of the unreleased music off the boards...
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Electricladyland
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Electricladyland »

They've been playing "My Champion" all night right before commercial break during the Eagles vs Bears game on Monday Night Football :rockon

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Electricladyland wrote:They've been playing "My Champion" all night right before commercial break during the Eagles vs Bears game on Monday Night Football :rockon
That's awesome! Any mention on screen of who the song is by?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Is there any legal ways, possible, to find replays of the game to track when My Champion was played?

Edit: On second thought, since my father recorded the game on DVR, I can find it. I just don't know how to sift through about 3.5 hours of content to find when the song was played.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Electricladyland wrote:They've been playing "My Champion" all night right before commercial break during the Eagles vs Bears game on Monday Night Football :rockon
WHAT?! I was listening to the game on mute and listening to a podcast while watching the game. I can't believe this.