Official "The Last Hero" Thread (pre-release discussion)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AB23
Still Remains

Re: Official "The Last Hero" Thread

Post by AB23 »

Wow I really liked that. I'm pretty much the only one. Definitely resonated with me WAYYYY more than SMAL. I love the lyrics, and i love Myles in the song.

And the guitar lead in to the verses is outstanding imo.

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

AB23 wrote:Wow I really liked that. I'm pretty much the only one. Definitely resonated with me WAYYYY more than SMAL. I love the lyrics, and i love Myles in the song.

And the guitar lead in to the verses is outstanding imo.

Glad u like it man i do to

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I haven't heard it yet. But I'm with ya, Ubik. I don't care (save for the cool intro) for Show Me A Leader at all. Not the strongest lead single IMO, and kind of a cash in on the political scene more than anything.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Show me a leader still hasn't grown on me. The chorus (especially the awkward pauses) is probably my top 5 most disliked chorus they've produced.

I feel totally different about My Champion. The chorus starts out kind of slow but the "you've gotta keep fighting" is one of the better sung lines in the song. The solo is kind of the same way. It starts off and you're like "this sounds out of place" but then it really does make for one of their better solos.

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

AB23 wrote:Show me a leader still hasn't grown on me. The chorus (especially the awkward pauses) is probably my top 5 most disliked chorus they've produced.

I feel totally different about My Champion. The chorus starts out kind of slow but the "you've gotta keep fighting" is one of the better sung lines in the song. The solo is kind of the same way. It starts off and you're like "this sounds out of place" but then it really does make for one of their better solos.

I love the chorus on Smal also love the solo, different strokes i guess

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Not really big on the lick that repeats throughout the song. Liked the chorus and loved the bridge though. Still wish Myles would go back to singing in his lower register :(

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

joshuabeau wrote:Not really big on the lick that repeats throughout the song. Liked the chorus and loved the bridge though. Still wish Myles would go back to singing in his lower register :(
Maybe he cant sing in his lower register anymore! :eek *cue conspiracy theory music*

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
joshuabeau wrote:Not really big on the lick that repeats throughout the song. Liked the chorus and loved the bridge though. Still wish Myles would go back to singing in his lower register :(
Maybe he cant sing in his lower register anymore! :eek *cue conspiracy theory music*

What register was Myles singing in the versus then?He went up for the chorus unless my ears are deceiving me

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

I really like My Champion. It's refreshing to hear an upbeat release from them. Definitely think this would do really well on the radio here in the U.S

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Raven wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

What register was Myles singing in the versus then?He went up for the chorus unless my ears are deceiving me
His lower register :P

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

Love this song
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Raven wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

His lower register :P

Thats what i hear low register for the verse,slightly higher for pre chorus and up some more for the chorus

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

Seems to me this will probably be their most diverse album
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, new tracks typically come at around 9 PM PST on Spotify. I guess I'll wait it out until then.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

JGremore wrote:I really like My Champion. It's refreshing to hear an upbeat release from them. Definitely think this would do really well on the radio here in the U.S
I hope so. So many people in America know the names of many smaller bands but none of them have ever heard of Alter Bridge. I hope this song gets them some name recognition in the U.S., if only for my selfish desire to have them tour more here.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I'm really loving this song, it is a good change of pace for them. As it pertains to the intro, I'm definitely getting the AC/DC vibe that people at the LP were getting as well.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

I love it! Definitely refreshing to have a nice upbeat song from them. Wasn't expecting that nice solo either.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

poshisjarker wrote:Love this song
You in Kentucky? How are you listening to it if I'm in Georgia and isn't available to me?

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

WTF folks lol

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Well, I can say it's definitely grown on me after a few listens. My girlfriend even liked it and she's not that into AB.