Alter Bridge Sign With Napalm Records

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Jim
Blood Machines

Re: Alter Bridge Sign With Napalm Records

Post by Jim »

Looking at a label's roster isn't going to give you an insight into how they'll treat Alter Bridge, you need to look at how each of their artists are promoted, funded and looked after.

Just because they don't have the big names, doesn't mean they arent able to put AB in the right places in front of the right people at the right times. It actually tells me that Alter Bridge are possibly looking at putting some serious time in over here in Europe and elsewhere to regain some of their momentum (in 2008). They could've just as easily done it independently or stayed with the old label, but they're being proactive and looking forward.

It would have been one hell of a sales pitch from them to get the signatures of our 4 guys, I'll tell you that. There won't have been any empty promises made in that conversation.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

100% what Jim said

The thing is, none of us actually knows what goes on in these contracts and the negotiations of them. It's all about leverage.

Perhaps Napalm offered AB more exclusivity, expulcation, and/or more input on major decision making than other labels did. Perhaps AB prioritizes their own sort of marketing scheme, and realized that they would have that opportunity if they were the biggest band on a certain label.

Speculation, but this isn't a "good" or a "bad" move yet. We would be remiss to call it such. We have no idea at this point.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Not sure what terms they left RR on, but I'd assume a label like Napalm who seems really excited about adding AB to their roster might be more interested in funneling a lot of support their way versus a label like RR who already houses a good piece of the big names in modern hard rock.

I think this speaks well for their commitment to the band (at least I hope). It seems like they want to push their brand worldwide more than they did on the last couple of album cycles. I don't have tons of hope for their US market, but I just don't think the fan base is here compared to EU, so I can't really blame them for putting their eggs into that basket.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

sam1oq
Brand New Start

Post by sam1oq »

Don't forget the best one folks! Powerwolf is also on Napalm Records!
From "We Drink Your Blood"

We drink your blood
When the midnight sky is red
We drink your blood
And we call the sanquine saints
We drink your blood
When the midnight sky is red
We drink your blood
And we opeeen your veeeeiiiiins

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

:shifty

Anywho...

Moonspell seem like a bunch of weirdos but they have good things to say about Napalm it would seem. In 2011 when signing with Napalm:
Signing with Napalm is a firm step into cutting all bullshit and work with people who truly believe in us and respect our longevity, while helping us to embrace those who have been arriving in the last years to start with us yet another kingdom of darkness under the moon. Our new album is a statement. Our blood is the ink. Your skin, the scrolls upon we will write. Napalm Records, our messenger. Be ready.
Then last year when extending their contract
MOONSPELL has come to an interesting moment of our life as a band, and after releasing 'Extinct', it was like a veil was taken off our eyes end we decided to only pair with people who believe in our music and who can see beyond and rise above the rotten waters most of the business and music fell into these past few years. With that in mind, we joined forces with Napalm again, because they believe us, because they let us go and dare with our music, and because they hold truth to their word. We might not have signed in blood but our stars aligned, and it's with pleasure and hope in a great future that we say these news to all our fans. The future might be dark, but without true people like the ones working for Napalm, there would be no tomorrow.
Looking at Napalm's YouTube channel, they seem to put out a fairly steady stream of content so I'm excited.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I know their bands are more European based, but based open the material most of these bands release, they don't seem to push the radio brand too much lol.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ So you're saying that out of the bands in the Napalm roster, AB is the most radio-friendly band (and they are far from radio-friendly compared to bands like Shinedown and Breaking Benjamin)?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I can't really remember hearing any of the others on US radio (maybe The Sword...? probably not lol). I would say after glancing over their lineup that Alter Bridge definitely has their highest chance for radio success of the bands on the label.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, now that I had loads of hours of absorbing it, here's the bands I have heard their name before. Cold, Delain, I heard of the name Alestorm, Skindred, and Huntress but not heard their music, Monster Magnet, Stuck Mojo (only because Rich Ward and Frank Fontsere is part of Fozzy).

Let's see if I can get into more bands whose sound I may like and hope that it all works out for AB since they are probably now the biggest name in terms of value of their record label. I mean when they were in Wind-Up, Evanescence and Seether were the biggest names at the time (since Creed was inactive of course at the time). When they were in Universal, there was a boatload of bands that had a bigger name value than AB. In Roadrunner, Nickelback (before they left for Republic, I believe) and Slipknot are the biggest names of the label.

Let's see what happens regarding AB. Hopefully, they still can play and sell the same venues or even bigger venues than they were doing in Europe.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Maybe it's just me (and I know it's not the most important thing), but is anyone hoping this leads to better music videos? Not to hate, but most of their recent music videos have been them playing on a stage. They even admitted that music videos aren't their strong suit. I hope we get some cool visuals with ABV.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You mean something like this? The only song I have heard from these guys and I heard it through the Dream Theater Forums.

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:but most of their recent music videos have been them playing on a stage. They even admitted that music videos aren't their strong suit. I hope we get some cool visuals with ABV.
That's a half-truth. Cry of Achilles' official video was through a fan-making contest where AB picks the winner....... They do need better videos though. I'm sure they can come up with something good even with the budget that they put for videos (which I'm sure it's quite little since they just don't care for that stuff).

Maybe, they can take a cue from Rush and do something like Rush did for Time Stand Still.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

anguyen92 wrote:You mean something like this? The only song I have heard from these guys and I heard it through the Dream Theater Forums.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Ubi1m5pR3hM[/youtube]
ToNsOFuN88 wrote:but most of their recent music videos have been them playing on a stage. They even admitted that music videos aren't their strong suit. I hope we get some cool visuals with ABV.
That's a half-truth. Cry of Achilles' official video was through a fan-making contest where AB picks the winner....... They do need better videos though. I'm sure they can come up with something good even with the budget that they put for videos (which I'm sure it's quite little since they just don't care for that stuff).

Maybe, they can take a cue from Rush and do something like Rush did for Time Stand Still.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/dMSFqXGZ5TQ[/youtube]
That's what I meant by most of their music videos. Honestly, Cry Of Achilles was a cool change if pace, but also felt like a cop out. It felt like relying on a fan to make the video for them, when there are so many cool things they could have done for it (FYI I loved the video, all things considered). I just want a video like Broken Wings. I was super geeked for the Sympathy video, but it was scraped. I almost feel like they are self conscious about music videos, because of Creed videos. I think alot of people think they came off corny. Stapp had his "arms wide open" in every video haha (seriously, check for yourself). I don't say this to start a Creed debate, for the record.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Delain is pretty radio-friendly, kinda like pop-metal honestly. With that said, I resent that band :D
The most popular video on Napalm's channel in 2015 was Unleash The Archers' Tonight We Ride, and I think it's pretty cool and shows what can be done.

P.S. Alestorm is a great band and very unique in what they do, Kamelot is also a great band (with traditionally shitty green-screen videos.... I think that's how they like it though I can't imagine why), a lot of cool bands there.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I just hope they don't get lost in the woods, because that's what I think of when think of Napalm Records videos :lol

Alestorm are a lot of fun. Heidevolk as well.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Weren't Korpiklaani on Napalm? Some of their old videos were gold, especially this moment :lol

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I think Napalm made them a great offer. I'm sure AB will be there biggest priority. Looking forward to see what they do.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

So the guys will wear long leather coats and corpsepaint from now on?

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

I worked with Napalm Records, only for lower tier of bands (those fill like 300 capacity venues) and I only have praise for them. They were all very professional (usually it's not the case for small bands) and I knew what to expect and they wanted to know what are we offering. We never had any problems

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

That's cool to hear!