ABV tour date(s).

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: ABV tour date(s).

Post by Mr. Slash »

Oh, don't get me started on Five Finger Death Punch. :D

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I actually like Volbeat. My only gripe with them is their singer because I can't make out what he's saying and the notes he sustains are the same a lot so the songs start to sound like each other.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Mr. Slash wrote:Oh, don't get me started on Five Finger Death Punch. :D
What, are they pretty overrated or something?

I only heard like 2 songs by them. I'm not really a fan.

I know, I know, I've only heard 2 songs by them but still.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I kinda view 5FDP as trashy >.>

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

Five finger death punch sucks ass berries. Gojira I don't really know, I am going to check them out. And Volbeat is awesome - I love that band. Too bad I don't live in the UK. :(

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

IT'S THE CALL OF THE WARRIOOOORRRRRR
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

Mr. Slash wrote:
axlar wrote:gjoira doesnt really fit with AB and Volbeat.. but i guess it will attract extra people to the gig as some will come for gojira and others for AB and or volbeat.
Volbeat doesn't fit with AB either. Furthermore i think they are kinda overrated. They had like 2 radio hits in Germany which were off their first record. Since then they only released bland pieces of music. Still they were one of the headliners at Rock am Ring. Eh... i fucking hate these kind of bands that get fame for nothing lol.
I saw Volbeat this year headlining Rock im Park. They were the best band of the weekend for sure and I only knew 6-7 songs.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

They are pretty good live. I'm a bigger fan of their live shows than their studio recordings.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Mr. Slash wrote:
axlar wrote:gjoira doesnt really fit with AB and Volbeat.. but i guess it will attract extra people to the gig as some will come for gojira and others for AB and or volbeat.
Volbeat doesn't fit with AB either. Furthermore i think they are kinda overrated. They had like 2 radio hits in Germany which were off their first record. Since then they only released bland pieces of music. Still they were one of the headliners at Rock am Ring. Eh... i fucking hate these kind of bands that get fame for nothing lol.
Volbeat fits better as it is a similar style of music.. and why are you flaming Volbeat for scoring two radio hits,.. please name the number od Alter Bridge hits on german radio.. or wait.. let me change that to "please mention me the number of times Alter Bridge is even played on radio?!"

Nicklord wrote:I saw Volbeat this year headlining Rock im Park. They were the best band of the weekend for sure and I only knew 6-7 songs.
they put on a nice show and have been headlining big festivals in Europe for a few years now.. Graspop Metal Meeting for example. I can only imagine they are opening for AB in the UK as they are trying to set foot on that island, as it seems they dont have much of a following there, whereas AB does have a solid following in the UK.
And that brings us straight to the reason why Volbeat isnt supporting in the rest of Europe, as there Volbeat is the bigger band and AB only wants to (and rightly so) headline shows over here.
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

I agree that Volbeat is a better fit music wise for the hard rock fans. Gojira is amazing for the people in the metal spectrum of AB (like me). But musically Gojira is definitely a much bigger stretch.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

fix wrote:I agree that Volbeat is a better fit music wise for the hard rock fans. Gojira is amazing for the people in the metal spectrum of AB (like me). But musically Gojira is definitely a much bigger stretch.
could this mean the new album is more metal based?! (of course we will find out tomorrow when the listening party is happening..)
Gojira would be a good fit to be on the same bill with Tremonti.. would make more sense than with AB!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Tickets bought for Glasgow wooo!!

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

Tickets for London nabbed! :rockon :headbang

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

Thought tickets werent onsale yet???

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

RavishingRik wrote:Thought tickets werent onsale yet???
My friend is on O2 and gets the O2 Priority deals in advance. Sweet deal.

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

I wqant tickets!!!! :mope

ESPImperium
Bought The CDs

Post by ESPImperium »

Been away from here for quite a while, and cannot bloody wait.

SECC Presale for the Hydro tomorrow morning.

This will be the 9th gig night for me this year, and I've worked it out as roughly 29 bands (one country artist still has to announce his support so will be more) I've seen this year. And I've seen more country acts than rock/metal ones too. Alter Bridge are bringing some killer bands, and ones that will make the end of a epic year of music for me. Im no longer all about Rock/Metal, I'm also a little Country too!!!

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Volbeat sound pretty good for what I've heard so far but damn I can barely make out what the guy is saying lol.

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Not a big fan of Gojira!

ESPImperium
Bought The CDs

Post by ESPImperium »

Ticket bought!!!

A heads up for the Scottish guys, The Hydro is selling fast, so fast that Standing is about 70%-80% gone by my estimation. And the TicketMaster map has locked up at the moment.

In before the Scalpers thank god as I've been hurt twice this year by those dicks!!!