ABV tour date(s).

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Re: ABV tour date(s).

Post by Fish Tacos »

PRS10Top wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:^^ Dude, I'm doing all I can. I'd go to Best Buy, first thing in the morning and buy their latest album, and so forth. At least, the beauty part of living in SoCal is that I know the shows they are playing there are going to be a headlining show. It's just a matter of the when (and to a certain extent where).

If only everyone else does the same. I mean screw these "screw the music industry higher-ups" mentality, buying albums = supporting the band = getting more headlining shows. Plain and simple.
I agree. Does a sale on iTunes = a physical CD sale? You'd think because of the lack of physical media that it would be better for the band, but I'm not sure.

It seems that these streaming services don't do much for the bands as far as income, though.

Wouldn't it be worse for the band not to buy the physical media they probably have to absorb some of the cost for?

Edit: I replied to this before reading the posts afterwards that talk more to it.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Timotheus wrote:About 10-15% goes to the artist (depends on how big the artist is). I don't think there a big difference between iTunes and hard sales. It's a different story when you're an independent band of course.
When you guys say that 15 percent goes to the artist, are we talking about the band or the songwriters? There's a difference (sometimes). Example: One song on Daughtry's album was writtten by 3 songwriters who weren't in the band. I assume Daughtry himself wouldn't make any money from that song on Itunes because of that?

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

cheesedip1 wrote:
Timotheus wrote:About 10-15% goes to the artist (depends on how big the artist is). I don't think there a big difference between iTunes and hard sales. It's a different story when you're an independent band of course.
When you guys say that 15 percent goes to the artist, are we talking about the band or the songwriters? There's a difference (sometimes). Example: One song on Daughtry's album was writtten by 3 songwriters who weren't in the band. I assume Daughtry himself wouldn't make any money from that song on Itunes because of that?
If I'm remembering what I read before correctly when it comes to writers and producers the label pays those guys outright before the album is done. They more less go here's x amount of money I need x amount of songs/music. So the writers don't actually make money on the record sales unless they work out a different deal. Although that scenario I believe more based in the pop/r&b side of the industry. I do believe they get royalties from the songs and music but I'm not sure where that comes into play.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Was considering driving 7-8 hours to New York to see AB. But for 7-8 songs? Lol. Yeah right.

See you folks next tour.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Talked my better half into seeing them in St. Louis in July. Pretty excited to see them and BB on the same show.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

uctalum01 wrote:f'n VIP bs.... 5 total VIP packagase between Disturbed and BB ALL of which include early admission.... thankfully only 3 of them include pit tix....
They just announced, today, that they got VIP packages.

http://www.alterbridge.com/news/2016-02 ... -tour.aspx

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Can somebody of importance on here ask somebody else of importance of AB is gonna tour the southeast? My fiancé and I would die to meet the man we named our first born son after. And it's tax season. I could pull off July 9 in NY for under 500 bucks

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

anguyen92 wrote:
uctalum01 wrote:f'n VIP bs.... 5 total VIP packagase between Disturbed and BB ALL of which include early admission.... thankfully only 3 of them include pit tix....

I saw that the day most shows started general on sale, because of course they weren't available during presale when I (and I'm sure a lot of other fans) got tix.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

uctalum01 wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:

I saw that the day most shows started general on sale, because of course they weren't available during presale when I (and I'm sure a lot of other fans) got tix.
Hopefully they'll offer a VIP package without the ticket for those of us who bought resale.

...unless they are better seats...
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

austin. wrote:Can somebody of importance on here ask somebody else of importance of AB is gonna tour the southeast? My fiancé and I would die to meet the man we named our first born son after. And it's tax season. I could pull off July 9 in NY for under 500 bucks
I don't know where they'll tour, but there is going to be a headlining tour in the US after the album comes out.
Photobucket cash grab.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Thanks Ryan.

I was looking At Cincinnati VIP, offered me row M for 200 and some a ticket.
Premium seating my ass....

Why no PIT for VIP?

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

Ryan wrote:
austin. wrote:Can somebody of importance on here ask somebody else of importance of AB is gonna tour the southeast? My fiancé and I would die to meet the man we named our first born son after. And it's tax season. I could pull off July 9 in NY for under 500 bucks
I don't know where they'll tour, but there is going to be a headlining tour in the US after the album comes out.
Ryan,

I'm new here and love what you said. But how do you know?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It's basically a given that they will tour the states in their headlining shows at one point in the album cycle. It's a matter of when. For me and Ryan, we had to wait a year after Fortress came out to see them in LA, and that was the final show of the Fortress tour....

So, the same applies here. Hopefully, they can do their US shows earlier than at least six months after the album is out. Maybe after they are done touring Europe in the fall, they can do shows here after like a month break or so.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

austin. wrote:Thanks Ryan.

I was looking At Cincinnati VIP, offered me row M for 200 and some a ticket.
Premium seating my ass....

Why no PIT for VIP?
It's only the headliners VIPs that have the pit option. Saint Asonia's VIPs are seats, too.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

PRS10Top wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Ryan,

I'm new here and love what you said. But how do you know?
I bought the lifetime VIP and received an email with that info. No dates or anything, just that a headlining US and overseas tour will happen after the album comes out.
Photobucket cash grab.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

AB playing that the new Chicago Festival this summer

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yep. For Chicago fans, instead of AB getting 3rd on the placement, they are now 4th where 2nd is ...... Korn......

https://www.facebook.com/chiopenair/pho ... =3&theater

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, they got another date for the tour. White River Amphitheatre in Washington on August 21st. They are going to be in a festival called ....... "Pain in the Grass." That's a crappy name, honestly. The headliners are, you guess it, Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin. Here's the line-up.

DISTURBED
BREAKING BENJAMIN
ALTER BRIDGE
SAINT ASONIA
ANTHRAX
POP EVIL
STITCHED UP HEART
WINDOWPANE

http://kiswpaininthegrass.com/

I'm surprised to see Anthrax relatively this low though. Aren't they suppose to the heralded band from the Big four of Thrash where no one really has anything bad to say about them?

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Oh look, AB is playing at a festival in WA. When I'm NOT FUCKING HOME.

Triggered.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: *hides*

Post by Timotheus »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Oh look, AB is playing at a festival in WA. When I'm NOT FUCKING HOME.

Triggered.
Technically everybody at the festival won't be home either, so at least you will have that in common with them.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.