Record Producers

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
stokie steve
Brand New Start

Record Producers

Post by stokie steve »

What Record Producer would you like Alterbridge work with if they shifted away from Elvis?

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: Record Producers

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I'd be extremely intrigued with Rob Graves. It's not necessarily traditional AB, but he does a fantastic job mixing hard rock with strings. The idea of AB mixed with string instruments is one I could get behind.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Boy, it's really hard to really figure out that perfect producer that understand the band's vision and try to blend all the bits the band is know for well and it still represents an Alter Bridge album. That stated, I don't know too many producers off the top of my head. I do know which producers I do not want them to work with, Rick Rubin and Howard Benson, and, thankfully, given the way things are aligning, AB won't work with those guys.

I guess maybe James Michael of Sixx: A.M. since he's a decent producer in those albums, but then again, his approach may sound something like Papa Roach, while is fine in certain parts, may not work for AB.

stokie steve
Brand New Start

Post by stokie steve »

I'd like Alterbridge explore with some strings. Maybe incorporate symphonic rock\ metal into a song on the next album. Almost going nightwish territory. Think it could work on a 7 minute plus melodic belter with some crunching rifts.

stokie steve
Brand New Start

Post by stokie steve »

How about terry date? Think he would work?

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

He worked with Pantera. Sold.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Hmm, now that I look at it a little further (like I usually do after blurting an answer out), if AB had to find someone else other than Elvis, I'm leaning more towards wanting them to work with Nick Raskulinecz. He's worked with a lot of bands with a lot of different styles (Foo Fighters, Rush, Evanescence, Big Wreck, Stone Sour, etc.)

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Somebody new who's super excited to work with them. Hartie?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Timotheus wrote:Somebody new who's super excited to work with them. Hartie?
:lol :cheers Where do I sign up for that gig?
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

I'd love to see them work with Johnny K. He did an amazing job on Sevendust's Cold Day Memory and the self-titled Staind albums.
Please give them a like :)

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

How about Rick Rubin?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ From what I hear, he may be too pricy for them and not going to be worth their money anyway.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Rick Rubin is kind of a risk because it's often hit or miss with him. He produced my favorite album of last year though, so I'd definitely be interested in hearing what would happen.

I'd love them to work with somebody like Rick Costey or Nigel Godrich. Somebody who would push them out of their comfort zones.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

stokie steve
Brand New Start

Post by stokie steve »

Think rick rubin would be very costly. Only the massive bands and artists seem only to work with him. I was thinking David botrill or someone even Roy Thomas Baker

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Rob Graves or Johnny K. Johnny K makes some killer records. I know he made the tremonti live videos, but i think he could do wonders with Myles.

Rob Graves is probably my favorite producer out there. I think he would be able to make a powerful AB album.
Thanks Andy!

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Whilst I think Elvis has really improved since ABIII - Fortress sounded quite good, World on Fire sounded great, but Cauterize was a bit of a step back - I do wish they'd change producer, not so much for an improvement in sound, but just so the guys are a bit outside of their comfort zone. The fact that the guys continue to use Elvis in all of their work really does highlight his ability to work productively with the band, but I would selfishly like a bit of a change for the next album. Worse case scenario is that AB make an album that I don't like so much, I'll just listen to something else!

I don't know who I'd suggest for producers though, Nick Raskulinecz has produced some great sounding albums, but he's not done too well with Alice in Chains' latest work. Steven Wilson is a fantastic producer, but I don't think for one second he'll want to work with Alter Bridge :lol

stokie steve
Brand New Start

Post by stokie steve »

I think Elvis did a fantastic job on both blackbird and fortress. Especially fortress. Think ab3 could of been better. Not listened to world on fire but sounds great from what I've heard but tremonti cauterize got lost in the mixing with the heavier stuff I found. Think over all elvis is good with hard rock, alt metal but when it comes to more speedy stuff it kind of lacks something but thats just my opinion. I honestly think more artists should use him though. Can't imagine him been too expensive and overall he has hadn't done a bad job or something unbearable.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I'm happy with Elvis, but I'd pick Rob Graves if they ever went with someone different.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

David Bottrill - Tool
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

willy5150
TABN.com Citizen

Post by willy5150 »

Butch Vig