Show some love for AB

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
RavishingRik
On The Rail

Show some love for AB

Post by RavishingRik »

I hardly ever post on this forum anymore, I have to admit, I find a lot of negativity on here, or have done in the past (I've not visited the board in several months)'
I don't know if anyone else feels the same but can't we just share in our love for the music of Alter Bridge :peace

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: Show some love for AB

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Don't get me wrong, I love Alter Bridge, they're my all time favorite band. That being said, there just isn't enough going on with them, which is why this forum has been lacking these last few months. If they were still touring or were about to go into studio, this place would be crazy again. And it better be even more crazy than it was with Fortress!

And IF the previews I've heard from Cauterize is any indication of how AB's next album will sound, we're in for a treat.

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

I hear you, I can't wait for Cauterize to drop on my doormat.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Go to the Cauterize thread if you want previews (just discovered tonight)!

vChris
White Knuckled

Post by vChris »

I thought love for AB is what brings people here in the first place. :cloud9 :peace :cheers

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

vChris wrote:I thought love for AB is what brings people here in the first place. :cloud9 :peace :cheers
Just as it should be :rockon

jeffro5422
Brand New Start

Post by jeffro5422 »

I don't come around here that often anymore because the negativity got really out of hand a few times, but that being said, I still love Alter Bridge and everything they stand for. I've been a member since before things were even on this board, and I still love connecting with the original die-hard fans that are going strong.

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

jeffro5422 wrote:I don't come around here that often anymore because the negativity got really out of hand a few times, but that being said, I still love Alter Bridge and everything they stand for. I've been a member since before things were even on this board, and I still love connecting with the original die-hard fans that are going strong.
Same here, I wonder how many ABB.net members are left?

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Me! :)
Photobucket cash grab.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

And Me :-)

Also, if I can say so, I feel like the perceived "negativity" that people talk about comes from a handful of people who are more than welcome to their opinion.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I still love AB as a band and how they conduct themselves from what I've observed on the internet, videos, live, etc. Always has, always will.

That stated, I got a couple things I need to get off my chest here. I see the comments that DC3 made with regards to the box set and us as fans and I find myself doubting, at times, thinking could I have done more as a fan so that they can keep going and maybe try to do cool things like play shows in markets they rarely/never played before or do "An Evening With" formats?

I see the comments at the Download Festival Forum where people stated in order for them to be a big band, they need to do a bigger stage show, Myles needs to be a better frontman and all of that horsecrap, and I'm sitting thinking, "Hell, I'm more concerned on if they are going to keep going as a band and do the things bands like Halestorm are doing where they are running away with every opportunity they got with a lot of momentum that helps them grow as a band."

As stated earlier, I still love everything about the band (in their music, as people, etc). It's just all the other stuff (DC3, record label debts, etc.) outside of that which somewhat affects them is making me pretty sour, atm. Sorry about that post, I needed to get that off my chest.

mtshaw3
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mtshaw3 »

RavishingRik wrote:
jeffro5422 wrote:I don't come around here that often anymore because the negativity got really out of hand a few times, but that being said, I still love Alter Bridge and everything they stand for. I've been a member since before things were even on this board, and I still love connecting with the original die-hard fans that are going strong.
I'm an ABB.net member as well! I rarely post and rarely visit anymore. Mostly that's due to the fact that there is so very little going on with the band right now. But I'm sure to be clicking over here a lot more when they start working on the next album! AB will always be my all time favorite band, but the fact that the members have so many irons in the fire right now, it's hard to focus on them all that much. Therefore, I find my musical interests/focus diverts to other bands/musicians until AB starts spinning up again. I have to confess that I probably listened to Fortress less than any album they released. I'd say from ODR to Fortress, I've gradually progressed to listening to them less and less each album. That doesn't mean I like them any less, it just means as I've grown older, my musical ADHD has gotten stronger. It's harder for me to stick with one album like I used to.

Anyway... I say all of that to get to the TL;DR point... AB Rocks and I can't wait for another album and hopefully a longer touring cycle! Oh... and Cauterize!
Huge thanks to Andy! Love my new sig!

Drivenunder4
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Drivenunder4 »

RavishingRik wrote:
I'm still (almost) a daily lurker and have been since ABB.net. I don't post as much as I used to. These days it seems like there's a lot of inside jokes among members which is fantastic but it's a lot to try and keep up with so I usually just stay out of it. But I do like the fact that there's kind of a core group of people that post a lot so There's always something new to read.. Though I've been around awhile I definitely don't feel I'm part of that group but it's fun looking in from the outside. Even with the occasional negativity this site feels like a group of friends just hanging out and that's what keeps me coming back. Feeling like I'm a small part of a family that's just as interested in AB (and others bands and hobbies) as much as I am is a great feeling

Edit: Obviously this post was a little off topic lol. More about my love for the board rather than Alter Bridge themselves but just wanted to say kudos to you guys. It's cool to see the site still going strong and being a part of my life after all these years

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Drivenunder4 wrote:These days it seems like there's a lot of inside jokes among members which is fantastic but it's a lot to try and keep up with so I usually just stay out of it.
That's definitely something we could work on, or at least in the AB section.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

I love you guys so much. You're the closest I have to friends in this dark world

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

MidnightToker wrote:I love you guys so much. You're the closest I have to friends in this dark world
aww :hug