One of those moments...

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
CryOfAchilles
Brand New Start

One of those moments...

Post by CryOfAchilles »

When you hear an Alter Bridge song on T.V in something a bit random. Just had one!

I was watching the Liverpool vs Besiktas game here in the UK on ITV and after the game, during one of the montages, I hear this awesome riff. I realised after about a second that it was Isolation! :D

The montage only lasted about 10 seconds but it was great all the same. Never expected to hear that at all. Anyone else notice it?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: One of those moments...

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Never had one of the moments as Canada is lame and would never do such a thing.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

A year or two ago I went to our annual awards ceremony at my agency. Somewhere between 5-10k people depending on how many dialed in via VTC to watch since the auditorium only holds so many. They're playing a montage and I'm bored out of my mind before all of a sudden they play the entirety of Rise Today as well as another song. Thought that was kinda cool.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Fish Tacos wrote:A year or two ago I went to our annual awards ceremony at my agency. Somewhere between 5-10k people depending on how many dialed in via VTC to watch since the auditorium only holds so many. They're playing a montage and I'm bored out of my mind before all of a sudden they play the entirety of Rise Today as well as another song. Thought that was kinda cool.
Must be a man on the inside. FIND OUT WHO IT IS AND BEFRIEND THEM.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

When I saw Alice In Chains before Walking Papers came on stage, they played ABIII starting at Slip to the Void to Show Me a Sign before they played something from another band, it was cool, but quite weird at the same time!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

CryOfAchilles wrote:When you hear an Alter Bridge song on T.V in something a bit random. Just had one!

I was watching the Liverpool vs Besiktas game here in the UK on ITV and after the game, during one of the montages, I hear this awesome riff. I realised after about a second that it was Isolation! :D

The montage only lasted about 10 seconds but it was great all the same. Never expected to hear that at all. Anyone else notice it?
I saw that too. I was chuffed to bits with it... especially since it came after a Liverpool victory and not a boring nil-nil draw. It's a shame they couldn't keep it playing :)

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I've never heard AB on TV, but a few months ago I was watching tv, not really watching anything, just channel surfing, and I've got this french station that I always pass really fast, but suddenly I see Slash walking to a stage where Myles was sitting.. They played Bent To Fly. That was a very weird moment.

I also had a show once, and a few minutes before the show started Come To Life started playing, which was really strange, because I didn't know anybody there except my bandmates, and this was back in 08 or 09, when I was convinced that nobody in Belgium listened to AB besides me :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

On a bandcontest in my town they always play the album Blackbird during the breaks between the mostly shitty bands. It's always a nice change to the performing bands that are either metal core fags or semi acceptable coverbands. :D

vChris
White Knuckled

Post by vChris »

I was hanging out with friends at some irish pub place and then they played the Blackbird album - turns out the bar keeper is a fan as well. Needless to say it was a great evening :)

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Was watching Nascar and right before the commercial break I heard You Waste Your Time come on for about 20 seconds

HappyHogJens
White Knuckled

Post by HappyHogJens »

Went to a Nightwish concert and about 5 AB songs played through the speakers before the concert started. I remember hearing Blackbird, Words Darker Than Their Wings, Show Me A Sign and two others

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Heard an Alter Bridge song once.

nickgordon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by nickgordon »

Somebody at ESPN likes not only Alter Bridge, but all of the projects. I have heard AB, Tremonti, and Slash and Myles stuff on ESPN.

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

abw1987 wrote:Heard an Alter Bridge song once.
One time when I was listening to AB III, I heard Ghosts and All Hope is Gone back to back. It was pretty great.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: pretty small if you're on shuffle actually.

Post by zazthespaz »

Jaredr24 wrote:
abw1987 wrote:Heard an Alter Bridge song once.
One time when I was listening to AB III, I heard Ghosts and All Hope is Gone back to back. It was pretty great.
:lol what are the odds?!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

nickgordon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by nickgordon »

So I was at an air show today where the blue angels were performing, and during their performance all of the sudden Cry of Achilles starts playing! They played from the first chorus to right before Myles starts singing again after the second chorus. Cool to know that some one on the blue angels likes Alter Bridge!