AB V

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Re: AB V

Post by One Drew Remains »

Love how they are giving us nothing so far.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Fish Tacos wrote:Can you post the Molly Hatchet board?

If it's a C, I would really only consider Façade, Cascade, Barricade, or Decade as viable options with Façade being the only one I could see them using.
This is the clearest one:

Here's the one with the names fully shown:

Got that same leftward tilt.

You can really tell we've been starved of updates.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Ok I've been living under a rock because I don't know wtf half those are. Are those joke track names?

Anyway, which C's on there do you think look similar with an upstroke? I've seen one or two that have a slant where they end in a northeast sort of way but I don't see any with a straight up line.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I'm not sure it's an upstroke on the new board, but really hard to tell with such lame resolution :lol

Working titles from Fortress:

Idilie - think it's Farther than the Sun, based on it having solos
Megla-Dong - Bleed it Dry
Maniacal - think it's Calm the Fire
Tooly Jam - Uninvited
Ritual - Fortress
Molly Hatchet - All Ends Well

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I see 14 tracks though, Fortress was 12 + Outright. Did they cut one?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Yeah, Mastaphony got canned before recording.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Ubik wrote:
Fish Tacos wrote:Can you post the Molly Hatchet board?

If it's a C, I would really only consider Façade, Cascade, Barricade, or Decade as viable options with Façade being the only one I could see them using.
This is the clearest one:

Here's the one with the names fully shown:

Got that same leftward tilt.

You can really tell we've been starved of updates.
I don't think it's as tilted in that C. Looks more like a G to me. Renegade sounds like it could be an Alter Bridge title. If it's a C, I wouldn't exclude Barricade.

See, this is why I love it when they release the whiteboard :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

A six pack says they release the whiteboard and then come here to see the hilarity that ensues.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

This album better be the glue that brings full time Alter Bridge back to us for a few more years. I can't handle the part time careers anymore

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Jim wrote:This album better be the glue that brings full time Alter Bridge back to us for a few more years. I can't handle the part time careers anymore
Well "full time" is still just 1 album every 3 years with a bunch touring in between. So the only difference is they'd be playing more concerts. That personally has no impact on me because I can't see them live so if they continued to do their respective side projects I'd be okay with that. Plus it means more content from Myles and Mark instead of JUST the AB albums. And Myles still hasn't released his solo album so that wouldn't happen for sure if AB became "full time".

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

They'd be more focused on the band. They'd spend more time together, so they'd have more time to rehearse songs, which would lead to more interesting setlists, which is a lot more fun to follow around, even from your laptop.

It would also lead to more cohesive songwriting. People being in a room together is still the most natural way to write music. They could try out some new stuff live before recording the new album to see if it works (like they did with Blackbird) or tease us with little parts (like Myles did at Bofest). It would lead to better albums.

Right now they are the guys from Creed with the singer from Slash.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Jim wrote:This album better be the glue that brings full time Alter Bridge back to us for a few more years. I can't handle the part time careers anymore
Well "full time" is still just 1 album every 3 years with a bunch touring in between. So the only difference is they'd be playing more concerts. That personally has no impact on me because I can't see them live so if they continued to do their respective side projects I'd be okay with that. Plus it means more content from Myles and Mark instead of JUST the AB albums. And Myles still hasn't released his solo album so that wouldn't happen for sure if AB became "full time".
Alter Bridge full time actually means we get ALOT more international exposure, longer album cycles, alot more shows, more regular online updates, tour videos, interviews, festival appearances, various continental tours. I'd take that over ANY side project ever again. I need my favourite band to be full time, with 4 dedicated members 24/7 again.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ All right, well. They got to take some baby steps to get to that point again after everything that has happened since the Creed reunion.

I mean, them working on AB V for about five months straight, without Mark and Myles doing anything else regarding their respective other bands (aside from Dust being released) is a good start. Getting on this amphitheater tour with Breaking Benjamin and Disturbed and other festivals that is going to span almost two full months is another good step (probably the longest stretch of a tour leg that they have done in recent time). There's bound to be headlining shows in Europe in late autumn since they always start the tour after the album is released. They got Shiprocked in January 2017 (which is still pretty damn far away and pretty long in advance for them to announce something like this) so they may still be touring around that time.

I think if they want to commit well on it and they should, we could get a meaty album cycle here. Of course, I'm probably going to eat my words, a year later, if Slash/Myles/Conspirators or Tremonti is doing a long tour at this time next year.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

I'd love to see album/tour/album/tour for the next couple of cycles. Make up for some lost time.
Altered:

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

They'd likely play near you too Shea, if they were full time again, because they'd play more shows.
Photobucket cash grab.

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

Alter Bridge full time actually means we get ALOT more international exposure, longer album cycles, alot more shows, more regular online updates, tour videos, interviews, festival appearances, various continental tours. I'd take that over ANY side project ever again. I need my favourite band to be full time, with 4 dedicated members 24/7 again.
How realistic do you think this is? I want this too, but I wonder.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

DonHarry wrote:
How realistic do you think this is? I want this too, but I wonder.
I'd say it's pretty unrealistic but I miss webisodes, outtakes and material that we got on the ABIII touring cycle. Myles was already collaborating with Slash at that point, but we still managed to get a lot of cool stuff. Now, with Mark doing Tremonti, Myles working with Slash and Brian involved in estate agent thing it seems like AB are dead.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Foo Fighters is a great example of a band that has a lot of side projects, but still manages to give itself the focus it needs. Foo Fighters is clearly the main band, even though Dave gets to jam with legends like John Paul Jones and other great artists. I think if Alter Bridge spent two years on the band and then one year on the side projects, it would be a much better fit. I don't think that's too unrealistic.

Let's hope this GNR thing works out.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

I literally danced around my living room when the guns reunion was announced. It was sad.
Altered:

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Well if you stop to think about it the webisodes and things were done by DC3 so we may not see them like we used to. I'm not sure if there is still much of a relationship between AB and DC3. Also if they switched labels again they may have to iron that stuff out first as well.