AB V

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: AB V

Post by AllC392Was »

Never say Die is a good B side but I wonder if it was the last track on Fortress. Could have fit.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

It used to be that collecting the cassette singles was fun because you got a b-sides with it that you had never heard before. Obviously the industry has changed. But I'm still old school, I guess
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

AllC392Was wrote:Never say Die is a good B side but I wonder if it was the last track on Fortress. Could have fit.
Fortress is a perfect closer. It deals with the theme of the album and has got that epic feeling. It's so dramatic and over the top. I like Never Say Die a lot as a stand-alone song, but putting it after Fortress wouldn't make any sense. It's so light and has got nothing to do with the rest of the album. The "before we say goodbye" line would make it feel like the ending of a children's show as well. Criiinge.

That's one thing that I don't like about B-sides. They put them at the back, which completely destroys the ending of the album.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

\m/Tremonster\m/
White Knuckled

Post by \m/Tremonster\m/ »

AB23 wrote:
\m/Tremonster\m/ wrote:
nagpo wrote:awesome. I kind of hope the album is straight 14 songs with 0 b-sides. Just release it all in one go so we don't have to spend years begging for the extras or have to buy separate versions of one album to all songs.
This. Frustrating that there are still songs I don't (and can't) have. Release them all to everyone.
Its all business bro. I mean, theoretically you could have access to other songs by buying international, purchasing any of the AB packages, or illegally downloading it. But at the end of the day, its all about the dolla billz. Even with a band as personable as AB.
Wouldn't hurt to just add the extra songs and charge more for the album. Market it as a "deluxe edition" and if people don't want to pay more, they have the choice of leaving out the bonus tracks and buying the regular version. They would probably make more money that way making it available to all rather than just some.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I don't think they control how much they sell their album for. I think that's more about the CD/downloads market that regulates the price.

Maybe its just a feeling that I have, but if I'm a normal music listener, I don't look at some unknown band and think "wow! There are 14 songs on this record instead of 12. That's why it costs $15 instead of $13."

I think most people shop for records/downloads with a set price at what most records go for (unless you're ridiculously popular and can set a price much like a monopoly can). Alter Bridge is at the level where they most likely have to look at other rock bands of the like, look at the top selling rock albums at the time of release, and set their prices accordingly. And the band doesn't do this. I'm sure the record label, or the marketing manager does.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Honestly, I just want $9.99 for the album at Best Buy on the first day of release (with or without a bonus track). If they include the bonus track and keep it at $9.99, great! If they charge $2 more of the album with a bonus track, it's still all right. If they include an autographed copy of the album for $2 more, ehhh, I have no practical use for autographed copies.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You know, despite the whole album-recording process being relatively quieter than usual, I'm quite enjoying this silence. I mean we all know everyone is in Florida in Elvis' studio. They been in there for like 3-4 months, I think. Mark and Myles has not taken a break from the studio to tour with their respective other bands in that period. Just straight being in there and getting this album done and we're almost at the finish line. It's almost going to be a good time being an AB fan.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I agree with ya Kev. Sometimes the hype gets a bit too much when it begins in March/April. Truth is, we honestly don't know anything about this album other than some ambiguous statements and some different types of instrument sounds

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I was at the Tabernacle show in Atlanta in 2014. Didn't they sell that show? Or at least they were definitely close to it. I think it holds 2,500

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I hope we don't get much in the way of hype as well. I was thinking the other day how cool it would be to get a first single that was moody and slower compared to the hard rocking fair we're used to out the gate. With every thing on the down low, it's hard to say.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

On the bright side, this album will have a Listening Party so I'm very much looking forward to that for the time being. Even though I cant go myself due to travel restrictions, the member reviews are a great way to control the hype.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Unless we hype the living fuck out of it!!! Woo!!!!! Hype train's a-comin' bitches!!!!!!
Photobucket cash grab.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Ryan wrote:Unless we hype the living fuck out of it!!! Woo!!!!! Hype train's a-comin' bitches!!!!!!
:lol :lol :lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

One Drew Remains wrote:I hope we don't get much in the way of hype as well. I was thinking the other day how cool it would be to get a first single that was moody and slower compared to the hard rocking fair we're used to out the gate. With every thing on the down low, it's hard to say.
It would be cool if they made some kind of statement with the new single. Another heavy rocker, no matter how good it is, wouldn't turn a lot of heads. Especially with all the heaviness from the Tremonti camp lately.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Timotheus wrote:
One Drew Remains wrote:I hope we don't get much in the way of hype as well. I was thinking the other day how cool it would be to get a first single that was moody and slower compared to the hard rocking fair we're used to out the gate. With every thing on the down low, it's hard to say.
It would be cool if they made some kind of statement with the new single. Another heavy rocker, no matter how good it is, wouldn't turn a lot of heads. Especially with all the heaviness from the Tremonti camp lately.
Referring to making a song like Rise Today or Watch Over You?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

AllC392Was wrote:
Timotheus wrote:
Referring to making a song like Rise Today or Watch Over You?
A ballad would probably not be the way to go, but something like Rise Today or Before Tomorrow Comes could be pretty effective. If they could do that in a refreshing way, that would be most welcome to me. Ideally it would be uplifting so we'd have a new closer.

I'll take anything though of course.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

mockingbird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mockingbird »

A second Lover, Make It Right or WDDTW perhaps?

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

mockingbird wrote:A second Lover, Make It Right or WDDTW perhaps?
Those aren't really single friendly songs.

Personally Open Your Eyes is there best single to date. I love that song. Perhaps something like that could work for them a 2nd time around.... Chill verse with little instruments and then an anthem type of chorus.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

I would like more songs with cohesive and atmospheric parts like the bridge of Waters Rising. Such a stunning piece of music. One of AB's finest moments. That part reminds me why I love Alter Bridge and Myles so much.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:I would like more songs with cohesive and atmospheric parts like the bridge of Waters Rising. Such a stunning piece of music. One of AB's finest moments. That part reminds me why I love Alter Bridge and Myles so much.
Love Myles' vocals in the bridge on that song. one of his best vocals on the record which is ironic because it's only 1 part of a song :lol :mtrocks And it goes so well with the doomy riff.