AB V

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
snowman
Bought The CDs

Re: AB V

Post by snowman »

AB23 wrote:And who says that it always has to be dark, either? I know that's kind of their niche now, but songs like One Day Remains, and Before Tomorrow Comes,, and Rise Today, etc are fantastic jams. I always like the uplifting lyrics too. In fact, I wish they mixed a few more songs in, instead of 2 an album
As I read that last part, it made me think they maybe need another uplifting, anthemic song that could replace Rise Today as the closing song live. Something that's just a fun, straight-up rocker. They didn't really have any of those on ABIII or Fortress, so they pretty much stuck with Rise Today as the closer. Obviously, I wouldn't want them to force it. But, I wouldn't mind at all if we got a high-quality, uplifting song that makes you feel like you can take on the world. :peace

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

ODR and Blackbird are where they focused more on lyrics and less on going a thousand miles an hour on the guitar.

Coming home and Brand New Start give me goosebumps. You can really hear the emotion in Myles's voice.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

AB23 wrote:There is a fine line between commercial love, and moving love in music. And its incredibly tough to cross the line from the commercial side.
Yea, I think subtlety is the key. Don't throw the theme in our faces. A song like Watch Over You could easily be a (lack of) love/break-up song, even though it's about something completely else.

That kinda contradicts your "metaphorically hinting" comment, but I think in this case it would be for the best.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Just glad that they are still making music, and haven't splintered off into their various factions and side projects permanently. AB are my selfish pleasure. I don't want them to get too big. They are my band, and I love being close to them as opposed to some other bigger bands that I like, but have to bring binoculars to see.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

mockingbird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mockingbird »

AllC392Was wrote:ODR and Blackbird are where they focused more on lyrics and less on going a thousand miles an hour on the guitar.

Coming home and Brand New Start give me goosebumps. You can really hear the emotion in Myles's voice.
This is funny because the ODR title track is about going a thousand Myles an hour on the guitar. That main riff is impossible. For now...

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

mockingbird wrote:
AllC392Was wrote:ODR and Blackbird are where they focused more on lyrics and less on going a thousand miles an hour on the guitar.

This is funny because the ODR title track is about going a thousand Myles an hour on the guitar. That main riff is impossible. For now...
Of course there is going to be those faster paced songs like that and Metalingus but personally guitars weren't the focus back then. Lyrics were the driving point I think

willy5150
TABN.com Citizen

Post by willy5150 »

New tweet by Elvis is promising. He said that Myles just blew him away , recording the 9th song. Yes he used the word epic. I was wondering when he was going to call one of the songs epic.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

He also used the word monster. Will Monster finally make it on a studio album?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Does anyone have a direct quote? His twitter account is protected to followers only and I don't have twitter.

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Does anyone have a direct quote? His twitter account is protected to followers only and I don't have twitter.

"Recording incredible vocals tonight with Myles Kennedy on the new Alter Bridge . This marks our 9th lead vocals with this epic monster of a song. This guy never ceases to blow me away!!!So good:)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Krissie wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Does anyone have a direct quote? His twitter account is protected to followers only and I don't have twitter.

"Recording incredible vocals tonight with Myles Kennedy on the new Alter Bridge . This marks our 9th lead vocals with this epic monster of a song. This guy never ceases to blow me away!!!So good:)
Cool, thanks, Krissie! :cheers

:mkrules :cloud9

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

mockingbird wrote:
AllC392Was wrote: This is funny because the ODR title track is about going a thousand Myles an hour on the guitar. That main riff is impossible. For now...
I see what you did there.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Timotheus wrote:He also used the word monster. Will Monster finally make it on a studio album?
Objection, speculation

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Objection overruled, speculation is the name of the game prior to the Board Reveal.
For all of the hope that it brings...

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I'm just wondering if we'll have a board reveal.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I still believe (though I don't know).
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:I still believe (though I don't know).
:lol I see what you did there! :shifty

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

It's hard to get pumped when someone working on the project calls their stuff epic. It's like your mom telling you you're handsome.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ So what should they call it? The epitome of crapville? That would get the fans fired up.....

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Nah, I don't expect them not to do it, it just doesn't mean that much to me until I hear it for myself. If I heard something a little more objective like there was an instrumental coming, Flip has a drum solo, a ODR unreleased track is on the album or something specific then I could latch onto it.